Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...y-2021-e14trnh. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

POLL: ME Reveal Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: ME Reveal Colors

Please note different poll standards/requirements below.

Getting closer and closer to the reveal. Of course not yet officially announced, but on our poll, The NAIAS show in Detroit in mid-January is, so far, the runaway leader. If not until NAIAS, that is 129 days away (thought when I first did the calc, it was 575 days).

So while we whittle away our days, closer and closer to the great unveil, what are you thinking will be the colors at the C8 ME at the reveal?

Before voting, this one is based on three factors.

1st: Please vote for the colors you think GM will chose (not for the color(s) that you would choose for your own car).

2nd: You get to vote for twice (but not for the same color); and,

3rd: Every one is on their honor not to vote more than twice (multiple voting is allowed).

4: After voting, you shall list your reasons why you chose your two different colors in a separate post below.

So let us see what colors you are thinking the two ME revealed cars will be?
    Sparkling Silver Metallic
    17.65%
    Black
    5.88%
    Shadow Gray Metallic
    0%
    Torch Red
    35.29%
    Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic
    17.65%
    Candy Apple Red Metallic
    35.29%
    Sunshine Yellow Metallic
    23.53%
    Sebring Orange Metallic
    11.76%
    Pearlescent Metallic White
    11.76%
    Metallic Plum
    23.53%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by John; 09-05-2018, 11:45 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

My reasons for voting for Saprkling Silver Metallic and Candy Apple Red Metallic are:

If one looks at the history of GM’s Corvette mid engine prototypes over the past 59 years, the majority have been silver.

As to why Candy Apple Red, I am sure I am not the only one who has either wished for, lusted after, or wanted GM to bring out a Candy Apple Red such as when that color was very popular during the 1960’s and ‘70’s — though on other brands, and most often on custom cars.
    Last edited by John; 09-05-2018, 10:56 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	33c8e5af0b19ddeeb70ae40ebc95e4fc--red-candy-candy-apple-red.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	7828Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1803.jpg Views:	1 Size:	11.8 KB ID:	7822Candy apple red metallic.jpg

I absolutely love Candy Apple Red Metallic , It would be mind blowing to see that under the sparkling lights at the reveal. Metallic Plum was my second as it is a very unusual color and is also attention grabbing. The other colors have been used too many times in reveals.
      John it would be nice if you input splotches of colors in your post.
      Last edited by Frenzy36; 09-05-2018, 11:41 PM.
      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Sorry, just made them up as I went along. But if anyone can capture and post any below, that would be appreciated.

Just found “OHV’s Paint”’s version of Metallic Plum:

Click image for larger version  Name:	5A08842B-FC15-4DAC-92DA-EC6979314673.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	268.5 KB ID:	7816
        Last edited by John; 09-05-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Sebring Orange Metallic: They need one in a bright colour that really shows off all of the lines/details and seeing how well the ZR1 showed in Orange, It's definitely a good choice.

Sparkling Silver Metallic: This is another good choice for showing off the design of the car and it is a sporty colour which would really help showcase it.
          Last edited by Bluevette; 09-05-2018, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	7827 Sebring Orange Metallic

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	7832 NEW PAINT SHOP - HOW GOOD IS IT ? What about something like this ?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	501.6 KB ID:	7834 Or these spectacular colors ? GM might make a deal with House of Kolor ?

Who would be willing to pay up to pick their own color? CLICK LIKE BUTTON
                Last edited by Frenzy36; 09-06-2018, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Black and Torch Red are very popular with sport car buyers. However, I would have chosen Elkhart Lake Blue for myself.

Comment

I HAVE A BLACK ROSE MYSELF AND I LOVE IT. I THINK IT FAILED AS A COLOR BECAUSE PEOPLE DID NOT SEE IT IN PERSON OR IN THE SUNLIGHT because everywhere I go, people stop me and question me about the beautiful color. so that is my first color.

Second would be the pearlescent white because I have never had a white car but I can see red upholstry and chrome wheels on a very striking car!

Of course CAR was my first choice, but to tell the truth, there are so many variants on candy apple red these days, that is all you see, but if they came out with that as the base and the lines in a foggy faded gold or black highlight...maybe.

Comment

Buzz’s car is spectacular. I love seeing it. LOVE Long Beach Red. Absolutely gorgeous!

Comment

Is this the Candy Apple Red C8?

Name:	F561E96A-C176-42E4-A066-F8D4333CCDE8.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	7870

Sorry, I could not resist. This one is for real, and if you want to read about its 30 Forgioto wheels:

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018/...nch-forgiatos/

Comment

I believe torch red and white will be the colors gm launches on the show circuit

@ third color would be blue...

red white and blue seems like an iconic way to launch the american mid rear engine corvette

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X