Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

How much are you willing you pay for the convertible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe we will get all or almost all non-performance info tonight reg. I think GM will still be holding off on the performance data for both versions.

Comment

That is consistent with Harlan saying at the NCM 25th that we want to test actual customer cars before we release performance data. Other than that, re the HT, we are going to learn a ton tonight IMO.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

If I was a convertible buyer, I'd be concerned about BMW's recent decision. There may be some valid/interesting reasons for it?

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

When you go to put the targa in the trunk after its been sitting in some parking lot baking in the sun....you ll understand why the convertible is preferred...(real easy to burn hands the first time)

Im never buying the convertible...i just slap on a pair of gloves or a couple of shop rags and stow the targa...its not a big deal but for many the 17 lbs of the roof is too much or as mentioned that heat thing really can be a deterrent ...

pushing a button for those who want to live the life of as much luxury as possible....the power retractable roof is a big plus...plus they can drop or raise the roof on the go)

Im with you...Im doing the targa and happy...but I do admire the swoopy good looks of a sexy convertible though

this reveal tonight will be a huge hit,
          You make great points and that is why I am glad there are options for both walks of life.

Comment

Tonight's reveal should be fun. I'll be watching. Isn't the C8R being revealed as Well? Precursor to the Z06? That should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              That is consistent with Harlan saying at the NCM 25th that we want to test actual customer cars before we release performance data. Other than that, re the HT, we are going to learn a ton tonight IMO.
              At the road show this weekend the announcer said that he got to personally drive the C8 and he publicly announced that he was able to do 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds for 2 of his 3 runs and 2.8 seconds for 1 of his 3 runs. He said the Z51 car with warm tires can absolutely hit 0-60 mph in less than 3 seconds every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                If I was a convertible buyer, I'd be concerned about BMW's recent decision. There may be some valid/interesting reasons for it?
                And that decision is what?

Comment

I've "budgeted" $7500, but I think there's a good change it will come in quite a bit less than that. I hope so, because I still need to share that "budget" with the spouse.

Per John's post, that's over an equivalent coupe, 2LT to 2LT or 1LT to 1LT. If the 'vert includes as standard items that are not included in the same trim level, I'll have to evaluate that when we know. But hey, if the 1LT 'vert includes most of the goodies from the 2LT coupe, maybe I could even save a few shekels.

As for why buy a 'vert instead of a targa:
                  • The ease of raising and lowering the top means you'll put it down a lot more often, I'd never bother to remove and replace the targa for the 15 minute drive to the gym, but I put the top down for that drive almost every time. And if it starts to rain while the car is open, way, way easier to button things back up on the 'vert.
                  • You don't lose the use of most of the rear trunk when you store the top, like you do in the coupe.
                  • You're not tempted to spend $2,000 for some carbon fiber and 2 LED lights in the engine compartment.
                  • You don't need to spend as much time cleaning the engine compartment.
                  • A targa just doesn't provide the same "in the wind" feeling of a 'vert, especially with that piece of thick glass right behind your head.
                  • For me, being able to see the engine is unimportant. For others, it's very important.
                  Last edited by meyerweb; 10-02-2019, 04:21 PM.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
                    Nothing/Zero. I like coupes. More of a track ready car and I want to see that motor on display. My guess is it will be a bit more than the difference between the C7 coupe and convertible. Maybe 6 or 7 grand. A retractable hard top is certainly more appealing than the soft top convertible, but a bit more complex with costlier materials.
                    People keep saying the retractable HT is "more complex," but I can only guess they've never actually watched the C7 top in motion close up It has far more hinges than I think the HTV will have, and more complex motion folding into three sections, rather than two. I think the HTV will be substantially LESS complex, and the SMC (sheet molded compound) cheaper to manufacture than a three layer sewn cloth top.

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
                    A buddy of mine is ordering the convertible and is also paying up for the engine dress up package and lighting?? Not sure I understand that, but whatever floats your boat is fine with me. I prefer coupes, oh and I prefer vanilla over chocolate too.
                    In both the coupe and convertible, the lights come on when you open the hatch. Not all the time. And when the hatch is open, as at a car show, you can see the entine and the carbon fiber.
                    Last edited by meyerweb; 10-02-2019, 04:24 PM.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Does anyone know where we can see the reveal info < besides being there of course? > What time is it happening and where can we see the results?
                      Thanks

Comment

I would gladly pay $7500 for the HT and $15000 (if it includes the 2LT). Probably be willing to pay what they ask -if it is as sexy as a spyder can be.

Comment

https://www.autotrader.com/car-shopp...oft-top-215774

Comment

John, can you find out if the top can be raised using the key fob or the APP. Thanks

Comment

anybody think that if you get a convertible you can order the MRC without the Z51 package?

$7500, but expecting it to be more.
                              Last edited by TOMDOM69; 10-02-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parker View Post
                                John, can you find out if the top can be raised using the key fob or the APP. Thanks
                                the key fob had an ICON so I'll say yes. my camaro does/can so I'd expect the vette to also

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X