Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

How much are you willing you pay for the convertible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are you willing you pay for the convertible ?

How much more would you pay for the convertible more than $10,000? How much do you think it will be. I know that a lot of the hardtop mechanisms are designed by the same people that design airplane landing gear so it's bound to be expensive. Its funny Bmw are moving away from the hardtops back to the semi-soft tops

I'm being tight but I'd only consider up to $6500....after that probably isnt worth it for me. I was set on the Coupe but the looks of the Convertible may sway me but I feel it really wont have much of a side profile difference.

Comment

If the convertible were to only be available as a 2LT or a 3LT, then a $12,000-15,000 increase might be just fine for some. Most exotics have as standard equipment, some trim levels or options that are charged for in their coupes, and the pricing for those exotics can consequently go up to $27,000 more than their coupes.

Will tonight reveal an apples vs apples difference, e.g, the only difference being just the HT itself with no mandatory coupe options or trim levels required???

I did not know about BMW’s changing hats.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I'm interested in the convertible but only if the price differential is in the same ballpark used for the C7. Looking forward to seeing actual pics.

Comment

$7,497.37 not a penny more or a penny less.

Comment

RoketRdr, it is a few dollars more yet under $7,500, we will gather up our MECF collective pennies so you can get yours.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              RoketRdr, it is a few dollars more yet under $7,500, we will gather up our MECF collective pennies so you can get yours.
              I really appreciate that John.

Comment

Im think about $8000 is going to be right if it is I will consider it if more than that ill have to leave it to the real players

Comment

$7500 sounds like a good guess for just the retractable roof

if the corvette marketing team pushes 2Lt interior as a mandatory feature of the convertible that would quite surprising and then the price increases mentioned earlier at 12 to 15 grand would be quite exciting.

about 20 percent of stingray c7 s convertibles were 1Lt , 45 percent were 2 lt s and the rest 3 lts...(2017 numbers for reference)

i believe corvette convertible buyers would make the jump to a minimum of 2 lt interiors if offered a 12 to 15k dollar combo option...

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Nothing/Zero. I like coupes. More of a track ready car and I want to see that motor on display. My guess is it will be a bit more than the difference between the C7 coupe and convertible. Maybe 6 or 7 grand. A retractable hard top is certainly more appealing than the soft top convertible, but a bit more complex with costlier materials.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks the Convertible should cost less than the coupe? I would pay at least $5,000 more to be able to see the engine from the outside. I don’t see why anyone would pay more for the coupe to be “more convertible”.

I was so excited that the coupe has the targa roof. Honestly, that is all the open air I will ever need. The fact that the roof fits in the trunk and it still has luggage room up front is just amazing to me.

I understand why some people liked convertibles better before. However, I just don’t get it with this car. It is an option I would uncheck even if it was free. I know others definitely will feel differently so it is great that both versions are offered. Everyone can be satisfied with some version of this car.

Comment

I think they should have Thomas Magnum driving one in Hawaii ! And instead of driving Robyn Masters car, the Corvette he could afford himself !
                        That would be some goooood advertisement......
                        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
                          Am I the only one that thinks the Convertible should cost less than the coupe? I would pay at least $5,000 more to be able to see the engine from the outside. I don’t see why anyone would pay more for the coupe to be “more convertible”.

I was so excited that the coupe has the targa roof. Honestly, that is all the open air I will ever need. The fact that the roof fits in the trunk and it still has luggage room up front is just amazing to me.

I understand why some people liked convertibles better before. However, I just don’t get it with this car. It is an option I would uncheck even if it was free. I know others definitely will feel differently so it is great that both versions are offered. Everyone can be satisfied with some version of this car.
                          When you go to put the targa in the trunk after its been sitting in some parking lot baking in the sun....you ll understand why the convertible is preferred...(real easy to burn hands the first time)

Im never buying the convertible...i just slap on a pair of gloves or a couple of shop rags and stow the targa...its not a big deal but for many the 17 lbs of the roof is too much or as mentioned that heat thing really can be a deterrent ...

pushing a button for those who want to live the life of as much luxury as possible....the power retractable roof is a big plus...plus they can drop or raise the roof on the go)

Im with you...Im doing the targa and happy...but I do admire the swoopy good looks of a sexy convertible though

this reveal tonight will be a huge hit,
                          Last edited by JB; 10-02-2019, 01:27 PM.
                          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post

You aren't the only one. Some people just like convertibles better. I guess if we were all the same life would be pretty boring. No wrong choice here. I must admit, some just like to spend more. A buddy of mine is ordering the convertible and is also paying up for the engine dress up package and lighting?? Not sure I understand that, but whatever floats your boat is fine with me. I prefer coupes, oh and I prefer vanilla over chocolate too.

Comment

Hopefully we will get all our questions about the C8 Hardtop Convertible answered this evening. Can't wait.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X