Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Nurburgring Coupe also had the "premium" wheel design while on the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurburgring Coupe also had the "premium" wheel design while on the track

I just realized while watching the video again that this Coupe had the other wheels installed at this point in the video. They must have switched the wheels at some point over the course of testing, or it's a different car from the one in all the other photos.

(Screen cap via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttWw8aoaq10)

Compare with this pic:

(Image via http://andoniscars.blogspot.com/2018...hits-ring.html)

Edit: The coupe in the video screen cap does have the front splitter while the coupe in the photo does not. Different car? I was assuming they only had two cars at the Nurburgring, a coupe and spyder, but perhaps they had more (or did they install/remove the splitter and change wheels on the coupe at some point???).
    Last edited by Manta Ray; 09-05-2018, 08:29 AM.
    1999 Coupe - Black
    2002 Coupe - Millennium Yellow
    2008 Jaguar XKR - Liquid Silver

I don't see the red and orange tractor trailer side marker lights on the one in the video.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

I went over the video again. Both on the track and returning (or entering) the Coupe has the silver "pentastar" wheels, 0:57, and the Convertible has the black directionals. consistently There's actually more video of the convertible than the coupe.

edit. On further review I see the coupe on the track with the black wheels also. At 2:20. So we don't know the timing on these videos, but it does look like they were swapping wheels in testing. They'd need a spare set anyway.

I believe the extra splitter that we saw in the gas station has been put on both cars. Both cars look identical on the track. Close to hitting though.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-09-05 at 1.54.57 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	901.5 KB ID:	7671
      Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-05-2018, 01:17 PM.
      2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
      2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
      Spectra Grey Tridents.
      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Thank you very much for that updated information.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

We recently got a new video with the observation by smilegas that there are actually 4 cars there. So my comment above is mistaken in thinking that there were only 2 cars. There are 2 coupes and 2 convertibles, and one of the coupes has the pentastar wheels.

As for the front splitter issue, I looked at all the frontal shots and all appeared to have the same splitter.
          Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-07-2018, 04:38 AM.
          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
          Spectra Grey Tridents.
          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

You guys are amazing i cant even visualize the cars yet much less the wheels..

my question is why or has gm ever shown camoflauged cars in previous generations on the track at this point of development and shown them with production wheel designs?

i if i was spending the effort to camouflage the cars id definitely use exact sizes but different appearance than production design...of course i know notjing about what happened in the past generations.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X