Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB
    replied
    The smoking tire review of road and tracks PcOTY starting around 22 minutes and goes on for quite awhile...

Matts favor for porsche comes through

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000452004499

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mobius View Post

We'll see how close this Chazcron rendering is later tonight.

I'm expecting dozens of great pics/vids of the C8 convertible here on MECF!
    I cant help but be amazed at how close fvs and chacron were in their depiction of the coupe and hopefully the convertible.

Leave a comment:

• Mobius
    replied
    Originally posted by JB View Post
    Thanks for posting up.
    We'll see how close this Chazcron rendering is later tonight.

I'm expecting dozens of great pics/vids of the C8 convertible here on MECF!

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mobius View Post

Lime Rock Green would be nice.
    Click image for larger version Name:	image_5019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	683.6 KB ID:	77547
    That would be an awesome choice. Wow! Thanks for posting up.

Leave a comment:

• Mobius
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralston View Post
    BTW, how come no green C8? How would it look in Goodwood Green?
    Lime Rock Green would be nice.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	683.6 KB ID:	77547

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    I will fix after I return home from KSC. TU

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    18 potential C8 patents. One of these has already come true, e.g., the hatch ventilation system.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ential-patents
    John, a lot of the links on that page are broken.

Leave a comment:

• Ralston
    replied
    Looks like a lot of earth tones.
    Oh, dear. I'm getting a Z. Bronze Vette to go with my "Luxury Brown Pearl" Jeep Grand Cherokee. Pretty earthy.

It has been said that, if there were no women, all men would just wear brown.

BTW, how come no green C8? How would it look in Goodwood Green?

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    18 potential C8 patents. One of these has already come true, e.g., the hatch ventilation system.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ential-patents
    Last edited by John; 09-28-2019, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RoketRdr
    replied
    Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post

GM filed for some" active aero" patents reciently. Not an active wing per se, but a means to dynamically adjust the down-force. Maybe they won't need a wing. We'll have to see what comes out with the Z06. I'm sure I read about it on this forum. I'll see if I can find it.
    They actually applied for active aero and wing patents 2 years ago. The original leaked CAD drawings clearly showed an active rear integrated wing. Will most likely be the Z06, Zora or both.

Leave a comment:

• VicH
    replied
    Road testing those cars... nice work if you can get it.

Leave a comment:

• mpgxsvcd
    replied
    Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

Link you provided states price as tested at $150k. Ouch. Thank you Corvette. 👍
    Absolutely. I really like the new 992 but let’s face it. That car is a $90k car at best when compared to an $80k Corvette.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Jorgenson View Post
    Read AUTOMOBILE magazines “Design Critics” review of the C8 and in his opinion mostly unnecessary and useless lines and creases all over the car I came away stunned. He can’t have seen the car in person! Then look at R&Ts photo and with all the other sport/super cars and tell me the C8 team didn’t get it right and didn’t do a phenomenal job.

I think he's partially right. The details are really busy. But in spite of that, the car is phenomenal looking.

Leave a comment:

• Tbob
    replied
    The corvette is the BOLDEST car in the group...there is not another even close in lines, sadly all the others have little definition...the waiting period for the corvette may be out to 2022...

Leave a comment:

• Klinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Jorgenson View Post
    ... in his opinion mostly unnecessary and useless lines and creases all over the car I came away stunned.
    Well, personally, I agree with that. For example, when I look at the hood, I think about half of all those edges and creases should disappear. What remains would be a cleaner, stronger design. All just my opinion of course, I respect yours too. Anyway, it's not enough of an irritation to keep me from pulling my wallet out and buying the most expensive car I've ever owned! >gulp<

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X