No announcement yet.

C8 Is Front & Center In R&T’s Performance Car Of the Year Group Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to the "trade journal" reviews of regular production C8s. They're important.

Comment

Originally posted by NCMlifer View Post
      I SO agree with this. If they made a mistake on this gen - its the lack of an "active wing" I really think that is coming and the z wing will be trashed.
      GM filed for some" active aero" patents reciently. Not an active wing per se, but a means to dynamically adjust the down-force. Maybe they won't need a wing. We'll have to see what comes out with the Z06. I'm sure I read about it on this forum. I'll see if I can find it.

Vin # 2539
      Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

Read AUTOMOBILE magazines “Design Critics” review of the C8 and in his opinion mostly unnecessary and useless lines and creases all over the car I came away stunned. He can’t have seen the car in person! Then look at R&Ts photo and with all the other sport/super cars and tell me the C8 team didn’t get it right and didn’t do a phenomenal job.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Jorgenson View Post
          ... in his opinion mostly unnecessary and useless lines and creases all over the car I came away stunned.
          Well, personally, I agree with that. For example, when I look at the hood, I think about half of all those edges and creases should disappear. What remains would be a cleaner, stronger design. All just my opinion of course, I respect yours too. Anyway, it's not enough of an irritation to keep me from pulling my wallet out and buying the most expensive car I've ever owned! >gulp<

Comment

The corvette is the BOLDEST car in the group...there is not another even close in lines, sadly all the others have little definition...the waiting period for the corvette may be out to 2022...
            3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

Originally posted by Don Jorgenson View Post
              Read AUTOMOBILE magazines “Design Critics” review of the C8 and in his opinion mostly unnecessary and useless lines and creases all over the car I came away stunned. He can’t have seen the car in person! Then look at R&Ts photo and with all the other sport/super cars and tell me the C8 team didn’t get it right and didn’t do a phenomenal job.

I think he's partially right. The details are really busy. But in spite of that, the car is phenomenal looking.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

Link you provided states price as tested at $150k. Ouch. Thank you Corvette. 👍
                Absolutely. I really like the new 992 but let’s face it. That car is a $90k car at best when compared to an $80k Corvette.

Comment

Road testing those cars... nice work if you can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post

GM filed for some" active aero" patents reciently. Not an active wing per se, but a means to dynamically adjust the down-force. Maybe they won't need a wing. We'll have to see what comes out with the Z06. I'm sure I read about it on this forum. I'll see if I can find it.
                    They actually applied for active aero and wing patents 2 years ago. The original leaked CAD drawings clearly showed an active rear integrated wing. Will most likely be the Z06, Zora or both.

Comment

18 potential C8 patents. One of these has already come true, e.g., the hatch ventilation system.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ential-patents
                      Last edited by John; 09-28-2019, 08:55 PM.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Looks like a lot of earth tones.
                        Oh, dear. I'm getting a Z. Bronze Vette to go with my "Luxury Brown Pearl" Jeep Grand Cherokee. Pretty earthy.

It has been said that, if there were no women, all men would just wear brown.

BTW, how come no green C8? How would it look in Goodwood Green?
                        C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          18 potential C8 patents. One of these has already come true, e.g., the hatch ventilation system.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ential-patents
                          John, a lot of the links on that page are broken.
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I will fix after I return home from KSC. TU
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
                              BTW, how come no green C8? How would it look in Goodwood Green?
                              Lime Rock Green would be nice.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	683.6 KB ID:	77547
                              Upcoming Vette:
                              '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019; 3000 Status on January 2, 2020; 3400 Status on March 10, 2020;TPW of March 16, 2020; Built Thursday June 4th, 2020

Current Vettes:
                              '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                              '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                              '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

Lime Rock Green would be nice.
                                Click image for larger version Name:	image_5019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	683.6 KB ID:	77547
                                That would be an awesome choice. Wow! Thanks for posting up.
                                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X