C8 Is Front & Center In R&T’s Performance Car Of the Year Group Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whl3 View Post
    Notice, apparently Chevrolet opted to go with the standard Z51 wing!
    They couldn't find a dealer to install the high wing in time ... sorry but couldn't resist

Comment

Someone accidentally parked a Nissan GT-R in the background. They should be more careful next time.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        Traditionally these types of articles dont take into account performance but are all about subjective feel..

magazines use these articles to create controversy. I would not expect a performance icon like corvette to win.

speed causes many drivers including magazine articles “holly sh ts” and that leads the testers to choose something else.
        You know the ZR1 won last year right?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
          Well. Motor Trend has tested the C8. Now we see Road and Track doing it. Presumably the other trusted and respected are doing the same. We will get all the test results at once in maybe November at the latest, or at an earlier time before the Road & Track publishes it results in November.

So. Prediction : The second variant of the C8 will be revealed around next August or earlier and tested next fall. And on sale for 2021. IMO. For what it's worth. If it is raced as a C8R in 2020, then for sure.
          Car and Driver has one right now too. For anyone on Instagram - head to their stories on the profile page and there are a ton of cool short vids they posted earlier today.

BZ

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Great start, though we are looking for the punchline. Thanks Road and Track for the picture and for its nice placement leading the pack in this picture.

Click image for larger version Name:	3458030E-2EDA-42C4-BBA0-489F207F8119.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	232.8 KB ID:	75062
            That car of the year is Sebring Orange, correct? I've been fooled by Torch Red one too many times!

Comment

Originally posted by bzabodyn View Post

You know the ZR1 won last year right?
              Not really I dont follow every magazine comparision test yet thats for letting me know.

maybe the c8 will win and if it does great!
              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Maybe, but that Lotus immediately behind the C8 looks pretty sweet. Of course, I'm partial to curves rather than edges, not to mention green, so my opinion is suspect.
                I was just thinking how much I like the edgy C8 styling. And orange.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post
                  I am pleasantly struck by how the C8's styling just makes all the other cars look so old...
                  Especially when parked next to the VW!
                  Vin # 2539
                  Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

I like the Mclaren and the Lambo looks but seeing the C8 in person up close I'm going to say I prefer it without the rear wing but before I stick my foot in my mouth will say I want to see the high wing in person. The rest of those cars really don't impress me that much. Bang for buck I'll take my C8 over anything.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	0914191539_HDR_resized.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	569.8 KB
ID:	75395
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jack1954 View Post
                      I like the Mclaren and the Lambo looks but seeing the C8 in person up close I'm going to say I prefer it without the rear wing but before I stick my foot in my mouth will say I want to see the high wing in person. The rest of those cars really don't impress me that much. Bang for buck I'll take my C8 over anything.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	0914191539_HDR_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	569.8 KB ID:	75395
                      Well I’m not afraid to go ahead and insert my entire leg in my mouth. For reasons I can’t exactly pinpoint, I vastly prefer the car without the rear spoiler. It looks much more exotic without it. With the spoiler it looks more like a muscle car to me.

I also agree with some of the comments, the C8 sits proudly among the rest of the exotics in that group. There’s a reason it’s front and center. Either it won this competition (likely) or it just generates that much excitement that they placed it prominently up front. Probably BOTH.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        When I looked the the Porsche site last month, for the 2020, 911S, it starts at $113,000, Porsche says it goes 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, gets down to 3.3 seconds with the track package (oh yes, another $10,000).
                        Car and driver says 0-60 in 3.0 Seconds for the 443 HP 992 Porsche. I am sure this car is well into the mid $100Ks when optioned as we would want it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post

Car and driver says 0-60 in 3.0 Seconds for the 443 HP 992 Porsche. I am sure this car is well into the mid $100Ks when optioned as we would want it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
                          Link you provided states price as tested at $150k. Ouch. Thank you Corvette. 👍

Comment

I built one for grins and and at $150,000, still with some option boxes still not checked off, I quit
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Maybe, but that Lotus immediately behind the C8 looks pretty sweet. Of course, I'm partial to curves rather than edges, not to mention green, so my opinion is suspect. The 911 is going to look "old" just because they continue the same Porsche styling themes through so many generations.

Interesting that Toyota chose to send R&T a black Supra. Maybe that's to hide the overly-exaggerated styling? IMO of course.

Anyway, an interesting field of worthy cars, but my money is on the Vette. Both figuratively and literally.

Edit: In case you're not familiar with some of the cars, R&T has a brief introduction to the group here.
                              I like the Lotus design as well. It's just as a guy with a big Mellon I would look really bizarre in one. LOL! Seriously though it is a cool "no frills" car.
                              NCM Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by docprego View Post

Well I’m not afraid to go ahead and insert my entire leg in my mouth. For reasons I can’t exactly pinpoint, I vastly prefer the car without the rear spoiler. It looks much more exotic without it. With the spoiler it looks more like a muscle car to me.

I also agree with some of the comments, the C8 sits proudly among the rest of the exotics in that group. There’s a reason it’s front and center. Either it won this competition (likely) or it just generates that much excitement that they placed it prominently up front. Probably BOTH.
                                I SO agree with this. If they made a mistake on this gen - its the lack of an "active wing" I really think that is coming and the z wing will be trashed. Just my opinion of course. Perfectly stated though - I really think that's it - more muscle car w it and more exotic without it. When I first seen that white c8 with no wing, I was like wow is that a clean look! Then the black with no wing, oh boy - sweet!!
                                NCM Life Member

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X