C8 Is Front & Center In R&T’s Performance Car Of the Year Group Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Is Front & Center In R&T’s Performance Car Of the Year Group Picture

Great start, though we are looking for the punchline. Thanks Road and Track for the picture and for its nice placement leading the pack in this picture.

Originally posted by roadandtrack
    We are currently deciding our 2020 Performance Car of the Year at Thunderhill Raceway in California.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3458030E-2EDA-42C4-BBA0-489F207F8119.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	232.8 KB ID:	75062
    Last edited by John; 09-25-2019, 11:12 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

I am pleasantly struck by how the C8's styling just makes all the other cars look so old...

Comment

Notice, apparently Chevrolet opted to go with the standard Z51 wing!
      GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Comment

The 2019 R&T Performance Car of the Year result was published in November 19, 2018. They said the that was the most potent test group of all times.

So, we will get Road &Tracks test comparison opinion in about 7 weeks. Seven short/long weeks. Direct compare to the new 911, 600? McLaren , and looks like ME Lotus, ew Supra and a Lambo.

Can't wait for this one.

7 weeks. And we will . . .

Comment

I see a VW, an MG and a Triumph right behind the Corvette; can't distinguish the rest of the jelly beans. No contest.
          Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
          Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Comment

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post
            I am pleasantly struck by how the C8's styling just makes all the other cars look so old...
            The C8 has American written all over it, to my eyes.
            Same thing with the Ford GT.

Comment

The front hood on that c8 looks great!

Comment

Looks like a lot of earth tones.
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post
                  Maybe, but that Lotus immediately behind the C8 looks pretty sweet. Of course, I'm partial to curves rather than edges, not to mention green, so my opinion is suspect. The 911 is going to look "old" just because they continue the same Porsche styling themes through so many generations.

Interesting that Toyota chose to send R&T a black Supra. Maybe that's to hide the overly-exaggerated styling? IMO of course.

Anyway, an interesting field of worthy cars, but my money is on the Vette. Both figuratively and literally.

Edit: In case you're not familiar with some of the cars, R&T has a brief introduction to the group here.
                  Last edited by Klinn; 09-25-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbob View Post
                    The front hood on that c8 looks great!
                    And from that beautiful image, one can see how the aerodynamicists at GM sculpted that hood so the slipstream goes around the greenhouse.
                    Bob Sliwa
                    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.
                    2020 C8 - 2LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Black interior; Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, 5ZZ high wing, ZZ3 engine appearance,AH2 GT2 seats, Red Calipers

Comment

Well. Motor Trend has tested the C8. Now we see Road and Track doing it. Presumably the other trusted and respected are doing the same. We will get all the test results at once in maybe November at the latest, or at an earlier time before the Road & Track publishes it results in November.

So. Prediction : The second variant of the C8 will be revealed around next August or earlier and tested next fall. And on sale for 2021. IMO. For what it's worth. If it is raced as a C8R in 2020, then for sure.

Comment

Traditionally these types of articles dont take into account performance but are all about subjective feel..

magazines use these articles to create controversy. I would not expect a performance icon like corvette to win.

speed causes many drivers including magazine articles “holly sh ts” and that leads the testers to choose something else.
                        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          Great start, though we are looking for the punchline. Thanks Road and Track for the picture and for its nice placement leading the pack in this picture.

Click image for larger version Name:	3458030E-2EDA-42C4-BBA0-489F207F8119.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	232.8 KB ID:	75062
                          Winner, winner. 🐓 Dinner!

Comment

Everyone says the C8 is literally unbelievably quick 0-60 mph because it only has 495 HP. However, that 911 is said to hit 0-60 mph in 3.0 seconds with about 440 HP. I don’t see how the Porsche does it.

Comment

When I looked the the Porsche site last month, for the 2020, 911S, it starts at $113,000, Porsche says it goes 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, gets down to 3.3 seconds with the track package (oh yes, another $10,000).
                              Last edited by John; 09-25-2019, 01:34 PM.
                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X