Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Public, Ticketed C8 HT Convertible Events Announced Oct. 3rd At Kennedy Space Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public, Ticketed C8 HT Convertible Events Announced Oct. 3rd At Kennedy Space Center

Unless someone has hacked the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex web site, the public may purchase tickets to C8 HT convertible public events on Thursday, October 3rd at 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM as shown in the following link.

Click image for larger version  Name:	949465D2-710C-4C95-9AD1-6D4546E931EE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	270.2 KB ID:	73432

https://kennedyspacecenter.com/launc...ertible-reveal

These two events follow, at the same location, the night-before’s 6:45 PM (EST) private, GM invite only, reveal of the C8 HT convertible. That initial debut reveal, we have learned from GM, will not be live-streamed, with attendees being GM-invited, special media to attend. Consistent with past new model, especially new-generation, Corvette reveals, we expect GM to release during or shortly after that event, an official HT convertible press release with GM pictures, and this time we also expect a GM pre-produced video of the HT top in complete operation to be linked within that press release.
    Lastly, our expectations are that there would be additional event video taken by and released shortly afterwards, by some in attendance.

Both MECF Co-Founders, Keith Cornett and I have been invited to attend the GM-invite Oct. 2nd event, he specifically for the CorvetteBlogger site, and me for MidEngineCorvetteForum. We will additionally post the pictures we take during and immediately after the reveal.

I am also aware of a very few non-media individuals invited to the private Oct. 2nd event by those individuals’ with special connections with unique Chevrolet dealers. Those few have individually contacted me, but do not want to be publicly identified.

In the interim, perhaps those in the Florida area might wish to see if they could purchase tickets to the following, Thursday, October 3rd events, and if successful (or not), please post in this thread.

Stay tuned as more unfolds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4A1FAE5F-BD8F-4AE1-9182-295D5601C4F5.png Views:	0 Size:	367.1 KB ID:	73433

Click image for larger version  Name:	0BE23131-08F6-495E-9956-0EE79173175B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	432.8 KB ID:	73434
    Last edited by John; 09-20-2019, 06:50 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

It's been a while since I visited Florida (I lived in Daytona Beach for four years- great town), and I do have some vacation time I need to use up...
    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust
    Upcoming Vette:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

Enjoy the event John ... look fwd to your pics and hopefully pricing info

Comment

I am planning to drive up. It is just over 3hrs away from me. 👍

Comment

Tickets with taxes for non-seniors are $66.98; but might this discount code help?

Originally posted by C8Jake
          Try GO10OFF or TAKEFIVE
          If it does or does not, again please post. Thank you.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I will def talk to the wife and see if she can swap her day off so that we can attend. It'll be great to attend the event and get to know a few of you

will let you know later if we got tickets
            John, thanks for sharing

Comment

Our ever reliable Jag, our Events Correspondent, just called the Kennedy Visitor Center site and confirmed this is happening, that all one needs to do is to buy a general admission ticket for October 3rd.

But might they later sell out, so please act fast to get yours if you are interested!!!
              Last edited by John; 09-20-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks John, It's right down the street from me. I reserved my tickets. Price is for General Admission to the Space Complex and for the Corvette Reveal. Tickets are $57.00 and Tax $3.99 Total $60.99 Call - 1-855-433-4210 To reserve 11:00AM and 2:PM Available. October 3RD. Be sure to ask for a Printable Conformation E-Mail which allows you to print out your ticket. Also meet Astronaut Winston Scott !
                [Skip to Content]

menu
                KENNEDY SPACE CENTER
                site logo
                Open Today 9am - 6pm
                Tickets Special Event

Event Details
                Payload Blog 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible Reveal

Oct 03, 2019 | 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM Rocket Garden

Start your engines! The reveal of the 2020 Stingray convertible is coming to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex on October 3, 2019 and we invite you to join and hear from Chevrolet experts and a special astronaut guest.

Two presentations will include the “reveal” of Chevrolet’s 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible and showcase the car’s legacy with United States astronauts. A guest speaker from Chevrolet will share information on the Chevrolet cars and what is new with the 2020 Corvette.

Presentations will begin at 11:00 AM and again at 2:00 PM under a shaded tent in the Rocket Garden. Chevrolet will also distribute posters to guests throughout the day. This event is included with daily admission.

The Corvette Convertible was first introduced in 1953. According to the National Corvette Museum, Ed Cole, President of General Motors and Jim Rathmann Chevrolet of Melbourne, Florida offered the astronauts a special Chevrolet plan in which they were given the use of any Chevrolet automobile for a year at the very nominal cost of $1. For many astronauts, Corvette was their car of choice.

BUY DAILY ADMISSION

2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible Reveal

Astronaut Appearance Meet Astronaut Winston Scott

When: Oct 01, 2019 - Oct 03, 2019

Where: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex

Meet astronaut Winston Scott during a live presentation at Astronaut Encounter, included with daily admission. Bring your camera and questions!
                READ MORE

Exterior of Space Shuttle Atlantis attraction at Kennedy Space Center Visitor ComplexTaste of Space: A Collection of Art & Food

Oct 19, 2019 - Oct 20, 2019 | 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM each day Kennedy Space Center Visitor ComplexJoin us in celebrating the longstanding importance of NASA art with some favorite food vendors at the inaugural Taste of Space: A Collection of Art & Food event.
                Explore More Astronaut Jerry RossMeet Astronaut Jerry Ross

Oct 27, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Meet astronaut Jerry Ross during a live presentation at Astronaut Encounter, included with daily admission. Learn all of the ways you can meet the Astronaut of the Day!
                Explore More Mike Leinbach Launch Director TourLaunch Director Tour of Space Shuttle Atlantis®

Oct 10, 2019 | 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM Space Shuttle Atlantis Reserve this exclusive tour of Space Shuttle Atlantis with Launch Director Mike Leinbach, who gave the final “go” for the launch of 37 space shuttle missions, including the final flight of Atlantis STS-135.
                Explore More

Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is operated for NASA by Delaware North and is entirely visitor-funded.
                Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
                Open Today 9am - 6pm
                Call Us

Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Space Commerce Way, Merritt Island, FL 32953
                Visit the Space shop Change Your Language
                Select Language© 2019 DNC Parks & Resorts. All Rights Reserved.
                Delaware North

Last edited by Frenzy36; 09-20-2019, 03:11 PM.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

Shoot, I can’t go during the weekday. I am only an hour away, too!!! Thanks for the link though

Comment

I have my ticket and will be at the 11:00 presentation.

Comment

Originally posted by DaneWerk View Post
                      I have my ticket and will be at the 11:00 presentation.
                      Welcome to the forum. A few of us will be there also. Look for us. Check out this thread for identifying clothing etc.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...casual-meet-up

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X