PDI ?? Dealer Prep ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jljordann922 View Post
    Would a PDI possibly include the request to drop the vehicle back down an inch or so if equipped with Z51? Is this something I'd have to do with a spanner wrench on my own afterwards?
    In addition to MikeyTX's advice above, you may also find that the tech will not be willing to adjust the car outside of GM's official factory specs, whatever they turn out to be. They may not be permitted to do that much of a drop.

If so, you may need to visit a reputable alignment shop to get that drop and fix up the resulting alignment to your preferences. Ideally find a good race prep shop who is used to working beyond the manufacturer's specs, and even better if they're familiar with Corvettes. Although I guess we'll all be learning that aspect since it's a whole new suspension layout for the C8.

Comment

Originally posted by SubVet View Post
      That checklist is great, I usually create my own checklist and bring it with me, but I will add this information to mine as I see missing items from my template, thanks for posting.

Quick question, how do you handle these when doing the museum delivery? I was a bit nervous paying for a car (paperwork has to be completed before heading up to the museum) without doing my pre-walkthrough before all the paperwork was completed.
      I have done the museum delivery. That is one place you don't have to worry about. Well before you arrive to pick up your car, they will go over it with a fine tooth comb. The cool part of an R8C is the factory tour. You will really enjoy it.
      2017 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

While I think of it, John, if you have the link for the live feed in the museum, would you mind posting it. I'm sure both SubVet and others would enjoy looking at it. They also provide excellent pre delivery detailing. https://www.corvettemuseum.org/auto-detailing/ Mike
        2017 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.corvettemuseum.org/explo...corvette-blvd/

They currently do not have any delivery cars on display.

Here are a few screen shots I've gotten in the past.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue ZR1.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	73099

Name:	NCM 12000th.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	73100

Name:	NCM-ELB.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	73101

Name:	Twin ZR1.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	73102
          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Yes sir, it is. Thank you. I thought I'd saved the link from my last R8C several years ago. Bummer, couldn't find it. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Name:	E3E012DD-C4A7-4D12-B25A-C4599FA00199.jpeg
Views:	641
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	72723

Name:	DABEB8C5-3B30-4A64-9582-8D4468E82025.jpeg
Views:	596
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	72724 Here is what the C7’s 2016 PDI entails for we do not yet know how it might be different on a C8. Probably just ten to twenty items different, just as long a list. The dealer gets paid by GM dependent on the model of the Corvette (for on certain models it includes splitter, rockers, and/or high wing replacement of the Z51’s spoiler.

The dealer is not allowed to give you the car unless they have completed the PDI (so a customer can not say, “don’t do mine”). We customers must be smart enough to request a signed copy of it.

I've never seen anything like this before, much less, having a dealer actually do all this stuff. I usually pull off the lot and learn/discover it by myself after I get home. Is this a Corvette specific outline of what the dealers are supposed to do?

Comment

The line regarding "touch less or hand wash" LOL. I got a 2017 Camaro SS and I was able to stop the high school drop out ,lot kid from washing it by mere seconds. The bucket had probably 1/2" of sand and stones in the bottom. He uses the same water and mitt for SEVERAL cars.

On the C8 I told my Dealer to not wash or touch the paint. Going to get it wrapped before it's driven home. Dealer is 3 hours away.

Comment

I usually hand over the check. Sign the papers, sit with the saleman for 10 minutes in the car going over the heat,ac and radio and then Roll.

thank you guys for all the insights. Good to hear the forum dealers are so great at their job.

ill do the double check on the vehicle and you guys are suggesting that before you hand them the money or sign. Interesting.

$100 for the tech who prepped the car..you guys do the same for the salesman?

any insight would be appreciated. I usually throw them a $100 for them to take their wife/ girlfriend dinner...

of course Ive never paid msrp either so I thought Id ask.

if this question is in poor taste let me know and Ill delete the question.

TIA.
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post

I've never seen anything like this before, much less, having a dealer actually do all this stuff. I usually pull off the lot and learn/discover it by myself after I get home. Is this a Corvette specific outline of what the dealers are supposed to do?
                    It is an absolute requirement that they fill it out and sign it. However, their giving you a signed copy is something you will need to ask for at some dealers. Not that I have ever had a dealer who doesn’t volunteer it gladly, but if I had one that did not offer it up, especially for them to not give it to me when I asked politely for it a second time, I will tell them that I will pay for the vehicle once I have received a signed and dated copy of the PDI.

Note: There will be a 2020 version of this form. Do not accept an earlier form. However, here the great news, that good dealers would never play games such as trying to hand you an 2019 or earlier one.

​​​​Here’s your leverage for the 1% who do not cooperate.

GM will, upon your paying for your new vehicle, send you a dealership evaluation summary. It is critical in GM’s eyes that the dealer does excellently in the sales, the PDI, and initial presentation/explanation of your vehicle’s features. You send that Customer Satisfaction Survey directly back to the dealership (do not give it to your dealer). If GM receives it and it is less than glowing, it is not just a slap on their wrist. It is a major screw up. The GM Zone Manager will contact the dealership GM or SM, maybe even the owner, and a dressing down for a poor evaluation is an understatement of what happens next.

So if you were to have an issue with your Salesperson or your Service person, here’s what I would say — and again always be polite and respectful (but share the following truth).

I want to give you and your dealership an exceptional and outstanding evaluation on the GM Customer Satisfaction survey — which as you know is sent directly to me and I am directed by GM to fill it out and send it back directly to them, so starting right this minute, how you address my concern is going to count very heavily on how I evaluate your dealership. I know I do not have to ask even one more time for a copy of the signed PDI form, that you are going to immediately get me that copy so I can brag about how excellent you and your dealership has been on my C8’s delivery (or my SUV, PU, etc). Of course, you can substitute any and everything else for your wanting the PDI form, such as, “I know you are as unhappy as I am with this scuffed mud flap, and that you are right now going to note that on our purchase agreement and go to get the parts counter to have another ordered before I proceed to pay for my vehicle, and before I fill out the Customer Satisfaction Survey.“

Again, there is zero excuse even when we are unhappy, for us to be less than 100% polite and respectful to everyone whom we are talking with at the dealership.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

It is an absolute requirement that they fill it out and sign it. However, their giving you a signed copy is something you will need to ask for at some dealers. Not that I have ever had a dealer who doesn’t volunteer it gladly, but if I had one that did not offer it up, especially for them to not give it to me when I asked politely for it a second time, I will tell them that I will pay for the vehicle once I have received a signed and dated copy of the PDI.

Note: There will be a 2020 version of this form. Do not accept an earlier form. However, here the great news, that good dealers would never play games such as trying to hand you an 2019 or earlier one.

​​​​Here’s your leverage for the 1% who do not cooperate.

GM will, upon your paying for your new vehicle, send you a dealership evaluation summary. It is critical in GM’s eyes that the dealer does excellently in the sales, the PDI, and initial presentation/explanation of your vehicle’s features. You send that Customer Satisfaction Survey directly back to the dealership (do not give it to your dealer). If GM receives it and it is less than glowing, it is not just a slap on their wrist. It is a major screw up. The GM Zone Manager will contact the dealership GM or SM, maybe even the owner, and a dressing down for a poor evaluation is an understatement of what happens next.

So if you were to have an issue with your Salesperson or your Service person, here’s what I would say — and again always be polite and respectful (but share the following truth).

I want to give you and your dealership an exceptional and outstanding evaluation on the GM Customer Satisfaction survey — which as you know is sent directly to me and I am directed by GM to fill it out and send it back directly to them, so starting right this minute, how you address my concern is going to count very heavily on how I evaluate your dealership. I know I do not have to ask even one more time for a copy of the signed PDI form, that you are going to immediately get me that copy so I can brag about how excellent you and your dealership has been on my C8’s delivery (or my SUV, PU, etc). Of course, you can substitute any and everything else for your wanting the PDI form, such as, “I know you are as unhappy as I am with this scuffed mud flap, and that you are right now going to note that on our purchase agreement and go to get the parts counter to have another ordered before I proceed to pay for my vehicle, and before I fill out the Customer Satisfaction Survey.“

Again, there is zero excuse even when we are unhappy, for us to be less than 100% polite and respectful to everyone whom we are talking with at the dealership.
                      Thank you so much for this valuable information, I will certainly look over, maybe copy and print this PDI so I have a better idea of what I need to be aware of too. It makes sense, especially with a car that is going to be so important to all of us trying to buy one!!

Comment

We are waiting for the 2020 revised version. My guess is that it won’t even be at dealers until early March. First one who sees it, please download and start a new thread here (one we will sticky).

Thank you.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

This is sort of off topic.. I worked for GM/Chevrolet/Corvette division in 1982,3 and 4 for the launch of the then all new 1984 Corvette. My area of expertise was printed matter. I had a degree in engineering but then went to law school and specialized in corporate liability. The first thing that I had to finish and approve for publication was the "Product Service Training" booklet, which went through the 1984 Corvette features, it was used mainly for service people. GM had a training center in San Leandro California where we used it for the first time in train the trainer exercises. I have an original copy with out revisions I will figure out how to post it if anyone is interested in seeing it. It consists of about 40 pages of material on the New 1984 Corvette.
                          Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

One more off topic item... During the launch of the 1984 Corvette, keeping in mind everything was printed not just PDF copies. The last thing that my team (we didn't use the word "team" either back then) finished was the owners manual. I mention this because I have seen other members posts wishing they had a copy to look through before their cars arrive. In the 'old" days it was the last item to finish.
                            Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X