Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

UAW GM Employee Strike. Will this hurt the C8 production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAW GM Employee Strike. Will this hurt the C8 production?

Hey everyone, I woke up this morning to this news and wanted to get a video out about it right away. Let me know your opinions about this matter.

Oh yeah we are screwed! (Nione of us know) could be a shortstrike or a lengthy one...

all depends on how heavy GMs inventory is...
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      Oh yeah we are screwed! (Nione of us know) could be a shortstrike or a lengthy one...

all depends on how heavy GMs inventory is...
      I hope this isn't true but, I guess it could be.

Comment

The strike is costing GM something to the tune of 100 million per day. It won't last long. Concerns over Corvette delays are click bait. Minimal delays.
        2020 2LT Z51 Coupe
        Red exterior, interior, calipers
        Comp seats
        Mag ride
        Front Lift
        Engine appearance package (for the lights). Will be selling the carbon fiber panels. Hit me up!

Comment

A tempest in a teapot -- none of us have an actual idea when our C8s will be built, let alone delivered, so, not that our collective desires mean anything, there's really nothing we can do about any of it. Just something else to chat about.

Comment

We are so screwed....

Game over man! Game over!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill_Paxton.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	72241
            Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust
            Upcoming Vette:
            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

If I pay an extra 20k do you think they will let me build my own C8?

Comment

My guess is that the strike will be over quickly and won't impact C8 production.

Given that most of the 50,000 workers live paycheck to paycheck and they only get $250 a week in strike pay which is not available until after the 15th day of the strike, they will be eager to negotiate and go back to work. The last GM strike lasted 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by N4SPEED View Post
                  My guess is that the strike will be over quickly and won't impact C8 production.

Given that most of the 50,000 workers live paycheck to paycheck and they only get $250 a week in strike pay which is not available until after the 15th day of the strike, they will be eager to negotiate and go back to work. The last GM strike lasted 3 days.
                  I sure hope you're right, and bye the way, I believe John corrected that number that GM is losing daily ( on another thread ) to approximately 30 million, not 100

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                    We are so screwed....

Game over man! Game over!
                    This could be the end!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Zombie-apocalypse-survival-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	72262

The electric company just came to my door and said the power will be cut off for 8 hours on Friday. I said what about all my frozen crab cakes in the freezer? He shrugged. Is that related to the strike? I'm getting scared.

Last edited by Boomer; 09-16-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

This could be the end!

The electric company just came to my door and said the power will be cut off for 8 hours on Friday. I said what about all my frozen crab cakes in the freezer?
                      So, there's good news...

You know what you'll be having for dinner!

See, there's always a silver lining.
                      Current Vettes:
                      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust
                      Upcoming Vette:
                      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

Originally posted by brinkofspeed View Post
                        Hey everyone, I woke up this morning to this news and wanted to get a video out about it right away. Let me know your opinions about this matter.
                        Broadcasting from your bedroom in your parents basement? 🤪🙈😂
                        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

So, there's good news...

You know what you'll be having for dinner!

See, there's always a silver lining.
                          Thanks. Feel better. It'll be like one of those hot dog eating contests around here except it will be crab cakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Thanks. Feel better. It'll be like one of those hot dog eating contests around here except it will be crab cakes!
                            You from Merlin?
                            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

Broadcasting from your bedroom in your parents basement? 🤪🙈😂
                              Dang, I seriously had the same thought... Mom's basement!

He should have Mom spring for some pillow covers as a B-day gift.

Anyhow, living with the parents is a great way to afford a C8.
                              Current Vettes:
                              Upcoming Vette:

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X