Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

**** ALERT *** FAKE PANEL, Tricky Tricky, Chevy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** ALERT *** FAKE PANEL, Tricky Tricky, Chevy....

Click image for larger version  Name:	92F65E9F-D9EB-4F85-AF03-1D6B446EB23B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	7225Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1697.jpg Views:	1 Size:	236.8 KB ID:	7217Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1695.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	7215Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1696.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.4 KB ID:	7216 Chevy, you are good, but I have cracked your BS fake intake design. Folks, the “pack man” side intake styling is 100% fraud. It’s fake as can be. Take a close look at the photos. You can clearly see the fake thin layer of paneling on the camo car (first photo). It is taped right over. The C8.R was intended to throw us ALL off and it almost worked. The cat is now out of the bag. The real side intake styling is seen on the last photo poking out through the black tarp. The fake panel is not on the black tarp car

You welcome. FVS...get hot.
    Last edited by PaulChristian; 09-03-2018, 04:57 PM.

You need to go back over to CF. If you're going to start your BS here then I'm sure a nice fat petition to ban your *** won't take much effort. Not going to turn this forum into the same garbage as the others. You don't like the car...FINE. Then get lost. This forum isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post
      You need to go back over to CF. If you're going to start your BS here then I'm sure a nice fat petition to ban your *** won't take much effort. Not going to turn this forum into the same garbage as the others. You don't like the car...FINE. Then get lost. This forum isn't for you.
      what are you talking about? Are you serious? I am simply saying the panel is fake. What is the problem?

Comment

They are definitely throwing us off about a few things, but I don't think that they'd trick us about that design. Sure they may not look exactly like that, but if you look at the spyshots from other angles, you can see that there are indeed big side intakes.
        Last edited by Bluevette; 09-03-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluevette View Post
          They are definitely throwing us off about a few things, but I don't think that they'd trick us about that design. Sure they may not look exactly like that, but if you look at the spyshots from other angles, you can see that there is indeed a side intake.
          Yes, there is an intake, of course. What I am saying is that the “pac man” shape is fake. It is clearly a (great) tape job. Look closely at the photos I provided.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post

Yes, there is an intake, of course. What I am saying is that the “pac man” shape is fake. It is clearly a (great) tape job. Look closely at the photos I provided.
            Oh! I see what you mean, sorry about that. I looked again and you have a good eye

Comment

Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post

what are you talking about? Are you serious? I am simply saying the panel is fake. What is the problem?
              Ok ok...I see what you're sayin. Can definitely see the difference. Thought you were going on a GM/Corvette bashing rant.

Comment

Glad this thread is back on track, politely debating facts. Let us please keep attacks on GM as “BS” off the forum, and please, no petitions are ever going to be needed, for I and the two moderators can handle things ourselves.

Thank you all for returning this thread to the civility shown in the directly above post, and on that basis, it remains open...
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Are you on CorvetteForum? We’ve been over that multiple times there, just fyi.

But, looking at this situation some more, the C8.R intake looks like a high possibility. The top part of the intake on the C8.R extends far past the bottom part, much due to the steep angle of the bottom. If you look at today’s spy shots, you’ll see the same top part that sticks out, but the bottom of the intake is covered by the fake part.

When you look at the C8.R, the intake opening seems to form a sharp vertex, but there’s a black line in the camo at that vertex which makes it hard to tell if A) that is actually a vertex, or B) the bottom of the intake is fake and the upper line curves downward along the black line in the camo(below the supposed vertex).

EDIT: to be clear, I agree that there is camo concealing the true intake shape on today’s spy shot cars.
                  Last edited by Quinten; 09-03-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

They are still hiding some design cues, like the exact styling of the side intake scoops.

Comment

We have collectively concluded that the exact styling of the side scoops is being hidden by GM, that there is extra padding on the front fascia, extra on the rear fascia, on the reck deck, surrounding the halo bar, and for sure that they are still massively hiding the buttresses on the HT convertible..

This might sound like I am a traitor, but I do not blame GM for keeping some mystery afoot. At tomorrow morning’s Corvette staff meeting, they will reading some of our posts aloud and laughing — though I will bet some of their laughter is nervous laughter, for we keeping getting closer and closer to the prize!

And maybe someone there asks, “should we move the reveal up closer?”
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Take a look at these two pictures. You can clearly see the real panel sloping backward and disappearing under the fake panel. I am certain the real panel is what’s poking through the black tarp on my first post. I think the intake styling of the C8.R was a decoy intended to throw us off. Click image for larger version

Name:	AE887994-AC2F-40B7-8F73-E81BBB87C692.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	7275Click image for larger version

Name:	CA6E20EA-024C-4A09-BF57-7AFCCE3665B4.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	7276

Comment

Abo****ely. Would not put it past GM to do exact that. As would every other manufacturing trying to keep their most important reveal in 50 years away from their customers before they are ready to release it on their terms..

Collectively, we have so incredible brains, eyes, knowledge and talent here! We are doing our best to dissect and learn about every part of the car, while GM is trying to keep out prying eyes and trying to keep our minds distracted with all sorts of camo tricks. There are even GM employees whose full time jobs are designing/constructing camo parts/systems keep our eyes off the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

And maybe someone there asks, “should we move the reveal up closer?”
                            We can only hope haha. We are definitely getting close.

Comment

So it makes me wonder if GM did this on purpose to see what the response would be. If received well they could easily add that "fake" section to the existing design. If not...then they just don't add it. Personally I like it as it reminds me of the Aventador. But the original design, from what we can tell, looks good too.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X