Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Just going to wait!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crossofiron View Post
    With all the issues that I see Forum members listing and the Z06 within one to two years, I am going to just wait. I have found that waiting when a brand new model coming out, it is best to wait. That being said, I am thrilled for all of you taking the jump! Enjoy!
    I'm tried of waiting. I've been waiting for this mid-engine Corvette for over 50 years and @ 73 I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to able to wait. So ...once I saw it, the wait was finally over. Now just get it delivered and enjoy!

PS. The long wait did have a side benefit,...I can now afford the insurance on it.😁😁
    A 1LT with Torch Red exterior and black interior is @ 1100 until November.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      Life is too short and Im celebrating my 60th birthday ..

whatever little mechanical issues pop up thats why we have warranties...GM has one of the most amazing technical information reserve due to the 300k validation process GM jas done for years.

all that said...for those who decide to wait..its cool..

everybody has personal issues in life or personal ideas on whats best for them.

i think the most important actions to take in life are the ones each individual feels is best for them.

There is a conversation by the top auto analysts in the auto sector ie Merryl Lynch that says the annual sales for light autos combined will drop from 16.4 million units of cars and trucks in 2019 sold in the USA to 13.4 million units...in 2021/2022

GM and ford are cutting many barely profitable sedans from their lineup...

the incentives on many vehicles are getting larger and larger...especially in lease deals.

there is rational thought processes that would suggest waiting 2 or 3 years is a very prudent path to take...

that said...I wish the original poster well.

im taking delivery as soon as I can get my order filled, produced and delivered to the dealer..

hope the original poster here had an early reservation...

so ......sooooooooo .long sucker! (Kidding of course) thank you for sharing.

fwiw the third year always seemed in the past to be the best time to buy...

the minor issues are mostly resolved and there has in the past been a ten percent discount often in the hood.

neither of which are bad...(remember annual price upgrades do take their toll on the aforementioned 10 percent discount on the hood...

in the end it usually worls out to a few points one way or the other and not a big deal.

good luck and thanks for sharing.

JB
      JB congrats on another ride around the sun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crossofiron View Post
        With all the issues that I see Forum members listing and the Z06 within one to two years, I am going to just wait. I have found that waiting when a brand new model coming out, it is best to wait. That being said, I am thrilled for all of you taking the jump! Enjoy!
        I understand about possible first year issues, but I bought first year C7 and had no issues...we all have different outlooks and mine is that I am not going to wait a minute longer than I have to because I am 12 days into a heart transplant and I am lucky/blessed to be here!!! #P4DFS. I wish you the best on your wait...ill b driving and smiling!!!
        Last edited by dolfanlon; 09-14-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I bought a 2005 ssr and it had some problems .I don't regret it and I still enjoy driving it and looking at it today.I asked someone what is the meaning of life and he said enjoy it while you can.My mom said you don't know what tomorrow will bring.How true.I'm conserveative and I can't wait to see that elb c8 in my driveway

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
            The Z06 cars were notorious for major engine failures.
            No they weren't. Nonsense.

Comment

They had overheating issues and resulted in failure for some.

Article Here https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...-lawsuit.shtml
              Last edited by Frenzy36; 09-14-2019, 05:48 PM.
              Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                They had overheating issues and resulted in failure for some.

Article Here https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...-lawsuit.shtml
                Didn't really follow that but wasn't that law suit dismissed? Is that what your talking about mpgxsvcd ? Is your allegation against just C7 Z06 or all prior generations too?

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
                The Z06 cars were notorious for major engine failures.
                Thats a "nortorious" statement.

Think the thread wandered here.
                Last edited by Boomer; 09-14-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Didn't really follow that but wasn't that law suit dismissed? Is that what your talking about mpgxsvcd ? Is your allegation against just C7 Z06 or all prior generations too?

Think the thread wandered here.
                  Yes the thread wandered, but it was to the tune of problems which may arise and waiting for future Z06. My feeling is that's going to be well over $100K. But maybe not. We'll see. Hell I loaded up the Stingray Base model and I'm over $100K with taxes. I'm thinking a heavily appointed Z06 C8 is going to be close to $150K
                  Rocket City Florida

Comment

Then there's the theory that if you're old enough that you no longer buy green bananas, maybe waiting is not a good idea.
                    Save the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                      Yes the thread wandered, but it was to the tune of problems which may arise and waiting for future Z06. My feeling is that's going to be well over $100K. But maybe not. We'll see. Hell I loaded up the Stingray Base model and I'm over $100K with taxes. I'm thinking a heavily appointed Z06 C8 is going to be close to $150K
                      Fuhgeddabout the bucks. They'll be plenty left. Planning ahead, "heavily appointed Z06 C8". Your render looks great.

Comment

Some may not totally agree with my strategy, but I'm buying the C8 as soon as I can get it (I want it NOW) and when the Z06 comes out in a couple of years, I'll sell my C8 and buy the Z06. Yes, I will lose money, but it will be a great couple of years.

Comment

I am thinking base C8. Then see what is available in a couple of years.

Comment

Happy Birthday JB. The heck with being rational. I want the car so I'm getting it.

Incidentally, I sold my 2016 Z06 yesterday. What a great car it was. It went to a friend who lives 2 miles up the street. I am hoping the C8 will be a great car and then on to the C8 Z.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if all the years of R&D result in lower first year issues wiith the C8. If they are able to hold down any kinks to a severe minimum they may come out of this eary period in even better shape.

Comment

In I think 1998 and then in 2007 there was GM union strikes
                                Games being played now where even union janitors have already struck and then UAW using that as a excuse that they cannot cross that picket line
                                so unions putting the money squeeze on GM yet gave contract extensions for Ford and FCA.

Odd issues of builds for the C5 and C6 just before and during strikes like fluids over or under-filled, ground wires not connected and other odd issues
                                So is it better to wait now as worse being 3 different unions now striking GM at same time

Would it be wiser to wait on C8 until this all blows over ?
                                Corvettes owned and raced since 1975:
                                1974,75,77,84,87,89,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X