Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Just going to wait!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just going to wait!

With all the issues that I see Forum members listing and the Z06 within one to two years, I am going to just wait. I have found that waiting when a brand new model coming out, it is best to wait. That being said, I am thrilled for all of you taking the jump! Enjoy!

What issues?
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
      What issues?
      You know- Magazine issues, Car and Driver, Road and Track, American Muscle, Motortrend, Automobile, Car Junkie Daily, Auto Design, ETC. It will take some time to filter through all of the articles on the C8.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Crossofiron View Post
        With all the issues that I see Forum members listing and the Z06 within one to two years, I am going to just wait. I have found that waiting when a brand new model coming out, it is best to wait. That being said, I am thrilled for all of you taking the jump! Enjoy!
        Me too but more because I want a Z06.

Comment

Its always a little smarter to wait after the first year. Statistically speaking there are less TSB s on second and third year models of new generation vehicles

i just thought the new c8 z51 fe4 so cool i had to own one and I figured whatever needed to be addressed the GM technicians could resolve rather easily.

I believe if we look back on first year models of new generations it has in the past set a pattern...

1984 c4 desireability and pricing today versus second and third year cars.
          1997 c5 corvette

2001 c5 z06 ( not a generation but rather a new model but I thought Id toss it in here.

2005 c6 compared to 2006 c6 corvettes

2014 c7 s with the 6 speed automatic evolved into a 8 speed automatic for 2015 c7 s.

not sure about resale value drop....but this comparision does show why in many ways its smarter to wait.

knowing all this I so want to own the c8 I dont care about all that rational thought.

sometimes being irrational has its perks...

that perk jn this instance is enjoying the c8 ASAP

best wishes and smart move...

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

What’s the point of this post? Congrats on waiting

Comment

I don't get it either...

Comment

Good strategy to wait. My strategy is life is too short and waiting involves risk also. Jmo

As far as issues??? The most prevalent issue I’m aware of on “this” forum is they can’t get a C8 fast enough!!!!😁
                Last edited by V1 VR; 09-14-2019, 03:22 PM.
                2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                1100 status 😊
                2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Life is too short and Im celebrating my 60th birthday ..

whatever little mechanical issues pop up thats why we have warranties...GM has one of the most amazing technical information reserve due to the 300k validation process GM jas done for years.

all that said...for those who decide to wait..its cool..

everybody has personal issues in life or personal ideas on whats best for them.

i think the most important actions to take in life are the ones each individual feels is best for them.

There is a conversation by the top auto analysts in the auto sector ie Merryl Lynch that says the annual sales for light autos combined will drop from 16.4 million units of cars and trucks in 2019 sold in the USA to 13.4 million units...in 2021/2022

GM and ford are cutting many barely profitable sedans from their lineup...

the incentives on many vehicles are getting larger and larger...especially in lease deals.

there is rational thought processes that would suggest waiting 2 or 3 years is a very prudent path to take...

that said...I wish the original poster well.

im taking delivery as soon as I can get my order filled, produced and delivered to the dealer..

hope the original poster here had an early reservation...

so ......sooooooooo .long sucker! (Kidding of course) thank you for sharing.

fwiw the third year always seemed in the past to be the best time to buy...

the minor issues are mostly resolved and there has in the past been a ten percent discount often in the hood.

neither of which are bad...(remember annual price upgrades do take their toll on the aforementioned 10 percent discount on the hood...

in the end it usually worls out to a few points one way or the other and not a big deal.

good luck and thanks for sharing.

JB
                  Last edited by JB; 09-14-2019, 03:33 PM.
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

I figure "waiting" may occur even if orders are placed now. My dealer is "smaller" but I have a low number allocation. I'll have some kinda "wait". So maybe best of both worlds. I might be able to see the trade journal and early user reviews before my order is filled. Either way, I'm ready.
                    Last edited by Boomer; 09-14-2019, 05:17 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                      Life is too short and Im celebrating my 60th birthday ..
                      Happy birthday JB! Your contributions to the forum are notable.

Comment

Happy Birthday JB, you are a young man compared to a bunch of us. May you live healthy and happy until at least 100 years old.

Ditto, so many thanks for all you have added to MECF!
                        GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Crossofiron View Post
                          I understand the hesitation. However, it sounds like you are saying you would rather take your chances with the first year of the high performance model with an entirely new engine than take your chances with the base model that has a slightly tweaked and rather mild version of an engine that has been out for the better part of 6 years.

The Z06 cars were notorious for major engine failures. I don’t think that will be the case for the rather mild engine in the new Stingray.

Comment

Happy Birthday JB 🎈🎈🎈🎂

Comment

JB, I feel you. I turned 76 last week and the idea of waiting a couple more years is a non-starter. I want it now.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X