Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Question about Fobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Fobs

I was under the impression (thought I heard it in a Chevy video) that the carbon flash fob set comes with carbon flash badges and if chrome badges are selected the fobs are chrome. I have also read posts that suggest that we would get one one of each. Fob one chrome. Fob two carbon flash. Clarification would be appreciated. Thank you.

Until someone takes delivery of a car, we probably won't know. I think the fob, which will rarely leave my pocket, is the least of my concerns.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Thank you. Still like clarification though. More to check my memory of what I think I heard rather than for the actual details of the fob. Also, carbon flash fob with carbon badges satisfies my sense of order in the world. One of each just throws me in a loop and makes no sense to me. Lol

Comment

Tell you please share why the two c8 fobs will be nicely visually different. Let’s assume that there are two C8 drivers in your household. Fob 1 is programmed by your SO to have their exact seat location, the outside mirror settings, “radio” stations, and even dash IP favorite setting (which gauges located where). Fob 2 is programmed by you, a person who is of different size, enjoys different entertainment, selects completely different dash settings — and the setting differences can also extend to different “MyMode setting and other things.

So as you race out of your house, you grab the wrong key fob, getting in the car, on a rush to Starbucks, the gym, work or whatever, and ****, all the settings are wrong. This was a C7 problem, and the Corvette team was besieged by a combo of complaints about that and requests for this to be fixed in the future.

And so the Corvette team listened, and why the two key fobs for the C8 will be visually different.
        GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Tell you please share why the two c8 fobs will be nicely visually different. Let’s assume that there are two C8 drivers in your household. Fob 1 is programmed by your SO to have their exact seat location, the outside mirror settings, “radio” stations, and even dash IP favorite setting (which gauges located where). Fob 2 is programmed by you, a person who is of different size, enjoys different entertainment, selects completely different dash settings — and the setting differences can also extend to different “MyMode setting and other things.

So as you race out of your house, you grab the wrong key fob, getting in the car, on a rush to Starbucks, the gym, work or whatever, and ****, all the settings are wrong. This was a C7 problem, and the Corvette team was besieged by a combo of complaints about that and requests for this to be fixed in the future.

And so the Corvette team listened, and why the two key fobs for the C8 will be visually different.
          That is why I couldn’t figure it out. Nobody else has ever driven any of my corvettes prior. Lol. However my son is now old enough and I will give him the chrome one for his settings. Thanks for the explanation John. I knew you would know the answer 👍

Comment

If I grab the wrong fob, I just press the right button on the door and the seat adjusts to were I want it. But I think the last time I had the "wrong" fob was because I misplaced the one I normally used, and rather that spend time looking for it I just grabbed the other one.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

The Corvette team is so accessible to us all. I watched at the the NCM event, literally thousands of folks over the three days walk up to the 50 Corvette team staff who were standing around, hour after hour, available for any one to literally walk up to any one of them, yes right up to Tadge and Harlan, Kirk and Josh and Kelly and Phil and all the rest, and ask them any questions about the C8 Stingray.

The team listens to both answer questions, and to get feedback. They incorporate a lot of it into the next generation car.

Whether the C8 having is for the first time A/S tires as an option, to Z mode, to having you be able to restart your car in the same mode as you left it (exception track mode for a specific safety reason), to have blind spot protection, all the way down to having to fobs visually different, they truly listen. Not saying they always agree and implement, but they listen and wherever possible and consistent with their concept of where Corvette is going next, and of course within budget, to implement as much as they can.

We are so very fortunate!
              GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I can tell you that if your wife was 5’0” tall and she opened her door first, your seat would try to crush you against the steering wheel in order to put the seat and wheel where her fob programmed them. Happens often to me — I then stab the “1” button in a panic.

One of the videos on the Chevrolet website is about the fobs, and tells us that there are two fobs per Corvette, one Carbon Flash and one chrome. The traveling display board repeats that information.

Comment

I think it is a good idea to have slightly different fobs. One thing I have done with prior cars to differentiate fobs is/are different key chains, which is now antiquated since metal keys 🔑 are not used for much these days. Such is life...

Comment

Having never had a car that used the Fob and the dash start button, I was wondering what the distance the fob has to be for the start button to work. Also if your standing beside the car and the start button WILL start the car and the driver takes off, will the car shutdown when it's out of range of the fob? Or if you start the car and then get out to run in the house, will the car shut off? Thanks in advance.
                    A 1LT with Torch Red exterior and black interior is @ 1100 until November.

Comment

I commonly park my Silverado at the Post Office, running, and go into the building to collect my mail. It continues running, however, I believe it's time sensitive. If you're out of range long enough, it will shut off.

Comment

Originally posted by 2020Colorado View Post
                        Having never had a car that used the Fob and the dash start button, I was wondering what the distance the fob has to be for the start button to work. Also if your standing beside the car and the start button WILL start the car and the driver takes off, will the car shutdown when it's out of range of the fob? Or if you start the car and then get out to run in the house, will the car shut off? Thanks in advance.
                        Anywhere inside the car will allow it to start. I've not tried, but I don't think it will let you start the car if it's outside the car. I'll try that when I go to the gym later this morning. BUT, if you start the car, take the fob back in the house, and drive off, the car will not shut down when you're out of range. So you could drive away without the fob.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >33,000+ miles

Comment

Having two different fobs is a great idea. Makes things much less complicated.

Comment

Just keep the fob in your pocket and you won't have any issues.
                            1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                            2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                              BUT, if you start the car, take the fob back in the house, and drive off, the car will not shut down when you're out of range. So you could drive away without the fob.
                              And after driving away like that, when you try to turn off the car, you'll get a message on the DIC asking "No fob detected. Turn off or accessory?" (meaning accessory position) So the car basically tries to stop you from getting into trouble by not having the fob available to restart it.

At least, that's how my C6 works. Got that message when the fob battery was too weak to register with the car.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X