Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

From a safety point of view blind spot monitoring should be included on the LT1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a safety point of view blind spot monitoring should be included on the LT1

Once you have blind-spot monitoring you never want to own a vehicle without it again. I think Chevrolet is doing its customers a disservice not including it on the LT1

FYI: it's 1LT.

On a car starting at $60,000 if it's important enough to the owner, they will pay the money for 2LT. Some don't care about such features on a sports car and prefer to omit them.

Only my most recent car has this feature, I can't say I look back at all the rest and feel like I was missing something.

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up for me. It only took me 28 posts to find you. The boys over at the 911 forum were so much more on the ball than that

Comment

Don't forget, lane deviation alert, forward collision avoidance, sleepy driver alert, adaptive cruise. All essential features of a modern sports car.

Comment

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
          Once you have blind-spot monitoring you never want to own a vehicle without it again. I think Chevrolet is doing its customers a disservice not including it on the LT1
          rear camera in the rear view mirror too. intuitive to look in the mirror
          The GM's mantra is no accidents, no deaths no injuries, or some such. Say it . stand for it.

Or as stand alone options
          Last edited by SheepDog; 09-11-2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

No offense but I don't want these technologies and I sure as hell do not want to pay for it.

For those that do please order the 2 or 3 LT interior options.

ill pass thank you.

different strokes for different folks.

Welcome to the forum.
            Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
              Don't forget, lane deviation alert, forward collision avoidance, sleepy driver alert, adaptive cruise. All essential features of a modern sports car.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic...
              I would associate all those features with a luxury Cadillac. Not a sports car.

Technology is good, up to a point.
              Current Vettes:
              '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
              '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
              '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust
              Upcoming Vette:
              '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 two-tone seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

From a safety point of view blind spot monitoring should be included on the LT1

Its 1lt. Assume you mean as a cost option or base price increase. Sounds like some posters don't want those features and are happy they don't have to pay for them. I'm glad I'm getting them on my 2lt.

Comment

If they added just $5 to the price of the base model they wouldn’t have made as big an impact on the super car world.

if you want the technology then they offer it in the 2LT and above packages. If you don’t, then they have a sub $60k Supercar that is in a class of its own.

Having both of those options is exactly what they should have done. I wouldn’t change a thing about either the 1LT or 2LT packages.

Comment

ALL manufacturers bundle options as part of packages now. It greatly cuts down on costs compared to offering items a la cart. So while GM could off blind spot monitoring as an option on the 1LT, it would probably be prohibitively expensive. And GM clearly wanted to hold the 1LT base to $60K, and some things just have to give. I supposed they could have made it $60K + destination, which would have given them a little room to add more, but they didn't.

I really wish I could get a 2LT without Nav and PDR which I don't really need and won't make much use of. Such is life.

There's lots of speculation about a price rise for 2021. If true, maybe GM will bundle some more features as standard to make the increase more palatable.

After 40 years of driving, I've gotten pretty good at checking my mirror and looking over my shoulder before I change lanes. I suspect I'll keep doing that even with BSM. Habit.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Mid engine, 490 hp, 0-60 in 3 sec, amazing interior, incredible styling under $60k. I would be glad to take hand crank windows and say”thank you”.
                      Even small incremental costs start to add up. Sure I would like adaptive cruise and. 360 degree camera- it I prefer to stick with a base price of $60k.
                      Plus blind spot monitoring can give false positives when joining a highway in a spirited fashion.
                      I understand you like blind spot monitoring butit is not so important to me. I am not so comfortable relying on them anyway.

Funny story. I had parking assist on one car and I was backing up another car of mine but couldn’t not see out the rear window because of fog, but I was not worried because there was no beeping. Trouble is the car I was driving did not have parking assist. Luckily I did not hit anything. I would have felt foolish if I had.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                        [/B]

I'm not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic...
                        I would associate all those features with a luxury Cadillac. Not a sports car.

Technology is good, up to a point.
                        Electric starters were good. All downhill after that.

Comment

I agree with the OP - sports car or not. It's safety equipment... why would you choose not to have it?? All that is machismo BS.. "I don't need no stinkin BSM on my sport car - hell no... oh and while ur at it, i don't need no stinkin rev match, i can do that myself too...." Hey why your at it, get rid of TCM and all the nannies... Have a bike come out of nowhere on you, or make a correction to avoid a collision and see what u think.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer X View Post
                            I agree with the OP - sports car or not. It's safety equipment... why would you choose not to have it?? All that is machismo BS.. "I don't need no stinkin BSM on my sport car - hell no... oh and while ur at it, i don't need no stinkin rev match, i can do that myself too...." Hey why your at it, get rid of TCM and all the nannies... Have a bike come out of nowhere on you, or make a correction to avoid a collision and see what u think.
                            No machismo on my part. I just believe everybody should have the freedom to choose which safety device they want to pay for and I don’t want to impose my value system on others. I like riding a motorcycle without a helmet-my head, my choice. I am sure most reasonable people would consider that to be imprudent. The truth is we all make value decisions and imprudent ones at that. We can’t avoid all the “accidents” that might befall us, but we can live by our own rules and take responsibly for our own actions. I just prefer to make my own decisions about my safety and the safety of my family. Glad to share the road with you-you seem like a prudent and considerate driver. 👍

Comment

If you are whizzing past me on your bike with no helmet, you would be darn glad that my BSM was going to protect your craneum!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X