Collapse

C8 Interior and more new Exterior pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Interior and more new Exterior pics!

These and some more new exterior pics can be found here:

http://andoniscars.blogspot.com/2018...hits-ring.html
    Last edited by Manta Ray; 09-03-2018, 12:11 PM.
    1999 Coupe - Black
    2002 Coupe - Millennium Yellow
    2008 Jaguar XKR - Liquid Silver

You can see the paddle shifter behind the steering wheel. I wonder if the roof gets stored in the frunk or behind seats
    Last edited by Fasttoys; 09-03-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Good eyes Fasttoys! I had missed it. It looks like it is a nice aluminum one. That is a nice, upscale interior touch, and a clear upgrade from the C7’s plastic ones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A89F069-5A2B-4903-8347-58CC8BDBB3CA.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	547.0 KB
ID:	7157
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I increased the brightness and contrast of this portion of the pic. Are we seeing anything new within the red box compared to the C7? I see at least one sensor, the reddish dot ... perhaps a camera? At least I don't think that's reflection or something.

Last edited by Manta Ray; 09-03-2018, 05:17 PM.
        1999 Coupe - Black

Comment

Here's a zoomed in and brightness/contrast adjusted pic from the other car:

1999 Coupe - Black

Comment

I definitely see the PDR camera.

Comment

I know this was talked about by many on the forum.

I was texting back and forth with XXXXXX about the new ME, I was told the upper rear camera on the back glass will be just like the one in their new GM truck. Just sent me a picture, I added picture below with the camera showing on nav screen and rear view mirror.
              So the rear view mirror will have a video screen and the front will have cameras for the front nav screen.

Comment

Thank you Fasttoys. Knowing accurate info is always a plus. I have seen some posts elsewhere that some with Cadillacs do not like that constant rear view information, yet it can be turned off and made into a the rear view mirror we have known for 100+ years. At the same time, the majority who have such a system say that after a couple of transitional days, they really like it.

I am sure it would work for me personally, and will take the day or two to get used to it. Kind of like most safety systems, there are not perfect — have some secondary irritants, but they can be very helpful in many circumstances, and if they help keep my string of 2,000,000+ miles without a chargeable accident going, I am going to embrace it.

Thank you very much
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Thank you Fasttoys. Knowing accurate info is always a plus. I have seen some posts elsewhere that some with Cadillacs do not like that constant rear view information, yet it can be turned off and made into a the rear view mirror we have known for 100+ years. At the same time, the majority who have such a system say that after a couple of transitional days, they really like it.

I am sure it would work for me personally, and will take the day or two to get used to it. Kind of like most safety systems, there are not perfect — have some secondary irritants, but they can be very helpful in many circumstances, and if they help keep my string of 2,000,000+ miles without a chargeable accident going, I am going to embrace it.

Thank you very much
                  I was thinking the same as wow I hope I won’t get dizzy while looking at the mirror. Mid engine cars sit like a wedge, taller in the back so it’s hard to see out the rear view mirror. This is an inherent problem with many mid-engine cars. My R8 was not horrible but not great, my Lotus Evora S was impossible to see out the back glass. Many of my ME had similar issues with rear visibility. Anyway I will embrace it just like you.

Or do what they said in the original Movie Gumball Rally, I am Italian.
                  First rule of Italian driving, What is behind me is not important!
                  Last edited by Fasttoys; 09-03-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Mirrors seem old school to me. With good camera placement and image processing one could easily have a superior picture of what's around you than with mirrors.
                    Vin # 2539
                    Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

I too am concerned about rear visibility. Things may get too small when I look out the back.

Comment

My wife's Mercedes has an interesting bird's eye panorama view that augments the backup camera when you're in reverse.It's computer generated, doing some image processing from a couple of cameras and then synthesizing a view to make it look as if you're 15' over the car looking down. I've seen something similar on the Denali SUV but Merc's implementation is better. This would be an awesome technology to just replace the rear view mirror altogether, and synthesize a panoramic view of the rear 180 deg angle of the car. Think about it, birds eye view, no blind spots and adaptive to driving conditions.

And for Fireeagle you could even add auto-zoom for when those objects in the rear get way too small!
                        Vin # 2539
                        Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X