Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Trunk Dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk Dimensions?

Does anyone have the dimensions for both the Frunk and the Rear Trunk?

The frunk is approximately 22 1/2” wide X 15” front-to-rear, with a sloping height of 18” deep front to 33” rear.

The trunk is approximately 53 1/2” wide X 16.5” deep and 12” front-to-rear depth. I can tell from my reaching downward into its rear trunk at the NCM 25th, that it much, much deeper than the distance from “the top of the rear fascia down to its ‘floor’” than the C7’s comparable distance. It could be twice as deep or even 2 1/2” times as deep as that distance for the C7.

Note: UPDATED the trunk measurements based on the video in our “Will Your C8 Have Adequate Storage Capacity To Meet Your Storage Needs and the ClubGlove brochure, and the measurements that C7 Redneck took/provided to us.
    Last edited by John; 09-11-2019, 09:14 AM.
    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      The frunk is approximately 22 1/2” wide X 15” front-to-rear, with a sloping height of 18” deep front to 22” rear. Please note the italicized word “approximately.

The trunk is approximately 53 1/2” wide x 16.5” deep X12” front-to- back. I can tell from my reaching downward into its rear trunk at the NCM 25th, that it much, much deeper than the distance from “the top of the rear fascia down to its ‘floor’” than the C7’s comparable distance. It could be twice as deep or even 2 1/2” times as deep as that distance for the C7.

Curious as to the your question behind your question please???
      Thank you, that is the information I need and it will fit my needs very well. For the moment I need to keep the reasons for my inquiry somewhat private. As soon as I can talk about them I will post about it here. I will private message you after I ask a few questions about what I am trying to do.

Admin UPDATE: Revised the trunk measurements based on the video in our “Will The C8 Have Adequate Cargo Capacity to Meet Your Storage Needs, and the ClubGlove brochure.
      Last edited by John; 09-11-2019, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Are you working on another one of these?
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          Think BIGGER! MUCH, MUCH, MUCH Bigger.....

Comment

Keep in mind that the trunk is very deep. Meaning it can store a lot but you have to bend over and reach way down.

Since I have a bad back I was thinking I might only use the trunk as backup to the frunk. I may even fill in half of the trunk depth with foam blocks, deck and carpet so stuff doesn’t have to sit so deep.

Comment

Originally posted by C7Redneck View Post
              Keep in mind that the trunk is very deep. Meaning it can store a lot but you have to bend over and reach way down.

Since I have a bad back I was thinking I might only use the trunk as backup to the frunk. I may even fill in half of the trunk depth with foam blocks, deck and carpet so stuff doesn’t have to sit so deep.
              I am 6'4" and thankfully no ailments at the moment so bending over won't be an issue for me. However, I have had back issues in the past and I would not wish them on my worst enemy. I hope your back heals one day. That is not fun at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                That is .... astonishing, on so many levels.

Comment

Thank you C7Redneck for your majorly helping us all out in getting the frunk’s measurements!
                  GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X