Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Coupe vs Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

And at at 30mph ? 🤕
    10 seconds!

Of course, the top is laying in the road somewhere behind you! 👍😎
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

10 seconds!

Of course, the top is laying in the road somewhere behind you! 👍😎
      Been there. Done that...once. Lol

Comment

You folks changing your orders back and forth must be driving the dealers sales staff nuts. When I ordered my C7, I studied it for three months, came up with my list, and never changed it. And never regretted any of my selections.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
          You folks changing your orders back and forth must be driving the dealers sales staff nuts. When I ordered my C7, I studied it for three months, came up with my list, and never changed it. And never regretted any of my selections.
          I’ve said it before, these are GOOD problems to have!

Comment

3rd Vette, 1st hard top! It was easy for me, as much as I love a vert. The hardtop with its clear engine cover looks amazing to me. I personally think the HT and vert have completely different looks from the back and side angle (duh, right). I am much more drawn to the HT for its sleek racey looks.

You can't loose either way!
            Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On order from Kerbeck
            C8 Spec: Torch Red, 2LT, Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,TUL,Q8P,SC7,ERI,R8C

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	31EB395E-058D-4543-B359-5F76EE9F5A91.png Views:	0 Size:	536.1 KB ID:	70499 D Click image for larger version  Name:	7806344C-F201-4269-9A0E-B5C0EBCB2758.png Views:	0 Size:	576.8 KB ID:	70498
              I may be wrong, but I think Chevy did a better job on the HTC than Ferrari did. What I’ve seen of the C8 vert, it seems to have a very similar, if not identical roof line to the coupe. The Ferrari looks off. I don’t like it. It looks great with the top down, and, that is the way it’s intended to be seen. Guess we’ll know for sure in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                Click image for larger version Name:	31EB395E-058D-4543-B359-5F76EE9F5A91.png Views:	0 Size:	536.1 KB ID:	70499 D Click image for larger version Name:	7806344C-F201-4269-9A0E-B5C0EBCB2758.png Views:	0 Size:	576.8 KB ID:	70498
                I may be wrong, but I think Chevy did a better job on the HTC than Ferrari did. What I’ve seen of the C8 vert, it seems to have a very similar, if not identical roof line to the coupe. The Ferrari looks off. I don’t like it. It looks great with the top down, and, that is the way it’s intended to be seen. Guess we’ll know for sure in a few weeks.
                Agree. I think we are all (myself very much included) much more critical of Corvette design than any Ferrarista.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance's tops View Post

I own a auto upholstery shop and install convertible tops on a regular basis. Lately I have recived a ton of calls from people having problems with hard top convertibles not functioning. I can only imagine it is a sensor nightmare and will turn out to be dealer work only. Its cool to have a convertible like this as long as you can afford to trade it in for a new one when the warranty is up.
                  Makes the purcahse of the gmepp warranty before 30k miles and the 30th month from say mclaulkin a forum vendor a smart move for the period you plan on owning the vehicle plus one year.
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

You might be surprised how calm things are on the highway with the top down and side windows up. R
                    I have sunroofs on 2 cars, they always get closed on the highway

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

I have sunroofs on 2 cars, they always get closed on the highway
                      A sunroof and a convertible have very different aerodynamics
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

A sunroof and a convertible have very different aerodynamics
                        I never understood the appeal of sunroofs, but that is just me as they seem to be very popular. Really enjoy top down driving though-especially at night.

Comment

Of course its just my opinion but i never really liked the convertible much and I want to see that engine !
                          A thought if I might ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ssscooter66 View Post
                            Of course its just my opinion but i never really liked the convertible much and I want to see that engine !
                            Good news. You can have
                            it your way 👍
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	4A2B6574-6AA2-498B-A630-8580516CDD62.png
Views:	83
Size:	892.1 KB
ID:	70599

Comment

This picture drive me nuts though!

Click image for larger version

Name:	99D7F103-DA72-4640-A6F9-C99122F2D03B.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	70619

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post
                                This picture drive me nuts though!
                                Why?

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                                >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X