Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

So WHAT is the one item.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So WHAT is the one item.......

What's the ONE carry over part from the C7 that is used on the C8? I've seen it mentioned that there is only 1 item, but never heard anyone mention WHAT that item is. Just curious.

Originally posted by Strake View Post
    What's the ONE carry over part from the C7 that is used on the C8?
    I had a chance to ask Tadge this question at the NCM recently, and he informed me that the part was the muffler bearing.

Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
    "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Thanks Mobius; I had heard earlier, obviously now erroneously, that it was the door latch mounted onto the back edge of the door.
      GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        ... it was the door latch mounted onto the back edge of the door.
        Thanks for that info John, as I too have been wondering about which part was retained.
        Current Vettes:
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
        "Delta t = 23"

Comment

I am going with the muffler bearing information that Mobius got when he was talking to Tadge at NCM.
          GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Thank you all....... now I can sleep tonight. Oh wait, getting closer to Sept 12, maybe not sleeping well for awhile !

Comment

Well, Tadge is known for his sense of humor, but I don't think he would kid about a part as critical as the muffler bearing...
              Current Vettes:
              "Delta t = 23"

Comment

who would have guessed that a muffler had a bearing???

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

I had a chance to ask Tadge this question at the NCM recently, and he informed me that the part was the muffler bearing.

🙊🙈🙉. OMG PHYCH!!!! April fool indeed ya had me right up to the elbow grease. In the aviation mechanics world it’s mouse milk thanks for the laughs 😂😂
                  2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                  1100 status 😊
                  2020 C8 Stingray 3LT Elkhart Lake Blue 2 tone Blue int.
                  3LT-GS7w/HTO,Z51,FE4,E60,Q8T,ZZ3,FA5,J6E,VQK,RWJ,ERI

Comment

Too FUNNY...... had me wondering.....

OK, so back to what's the one REAL part retained from the C7? Perhaps the door latch that John mentioned ???

Comment

Yep, when it comes to Corvette knowledge, I'll put my money on John every time.

Plus, in the rare instance he doesn't know the answer, he'll know who to ask.
                      Current Vettes:
                      "Delta t = 23"

Comment

I heard it was the left handed ex smoke sifter

Comment

I heard it was the high pressure blinker fluid valve.

It was on the internet so it must be true!

Comment

I heard it was the door latch as well

Comment

I can’t believe none of you know that it’s the left-handed crescent wrench that comes in the tool kit.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X