Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Midengine Corvette interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midengine Corvette interior?

We've seen plenty of spyshots for the exterior of the car but has anyone tried snapping a picture of the interior? This is the closest thing that I've seen, but I doubt that it's real.

Originally posted by GM Authority
    As we approach the inevitable debut of the C8 Corvette, the rumormill continues to churn. The latest comes from a poster on the Corvette Forum who claims to have seen the mid-engine Corvette’s cockpit.

With the post, the individual provided a sketch of the mid-engine Corvette’s alleged interior that the poster said is a mix of Ford GT and Lamborghini Huracán. Of course, we can’t confirm any of the information provided like the majority of C8 Corvette rumors.

Nevertheless, if the individual is correct, the mid-engine C8 Corvette will feature a fully digital gauge cluster with a thick squared-off steering wheel. To the driver’s left, a digital screen is said to wrap around the dashboard in some fashion with center controls said out vertically in a neat line of buttons.

Further, a drive mode selector sits on the center stack near a “digital touchpad” of sorts. The stack also features a start/stop engine button similar to the Huracán, per the poster.

Again this is all pure speculation and we have no way to reinforce the individual’s credibility, but it’s the first nugget of information we’ve heard surrounding the car’s interior.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/08/...ovides-sketch/
    Last edited by John; 09-02-2018, 05:26 PM. Reason: Inserted article here for easier “reading/seeing.” Thanks Bluevette for finding and posting the link.

A little birdie told me about a month ago that the ME’s dash would be very different than the C7’s — though whether different as in the above sketch I sure do not know. Is it accurate...

???????????????????????
    Last edited by John; 09-02-2018, 05:31 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Cool possibilities. Looking forward to nice side bolsters on the seats.

Comment

If the guy who illustrated this sketch has had a look on the interior this could be fairly accurate. The question is if this was just made up...

Comment

This image seems to confirm the right hand side of the console extending high on the dash, as in the drawing above. (And I'm really surprised the guy in the passenger seat didn't hold up his hand to try to block the camera.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	update-mid-engined-c8-corvette-hits-nurburgring-twin-turbo-55l-v8-rumors-grow_7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	893.1 KB ID:	7101
          Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/17: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

This picture lends more credence to Zerv02’s basic sketch of of the interior.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F164D67-C0D8-4121-BA9B-8141E4DD2476.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	898.8 KB
ID:	7126
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X