Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

C8 HT Convertible Nacelles Glimpsed In Upcoming Visualizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 HT Convertible Nacelles Glimpsed In Upcoming Visualizer

The C8 HT convertible is coming next month, and we just got another clue about its looks thanks to “jayc8,” who somehow got into a part of the C8 visualizer not yet released. Going to be some top options of body color, partially painted carbon flash nacelles and/or nacelles and roof in carbon flash metallic black.

Interesting too that GM is calling them not the word buttresses that many other exotic use, not calling it a Spyder (that is trademarked), but calling the tapering rearward shapes behind the seats, nacelles. Live and learn.

Thanks “jayc8” and thanks “Ignablue” for the screenprint.

​​​​​What do you think of the partially released visualizer picture he also posted?

Originally posted by jayc8
    CF looks to be an option for the roof/buttresses. From the visualizer source code...

CONVERTIBLE TOP - RETRACTABLE PAINTED
    CONVERTIBLE TOP - CARBON FLASH PAINTED NACELLS AND ROOF
    CONVERTIBLE TOP - CARBON FLASH PAINTED NACELLS AND BODY COLOR
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C3AB8D69-0B6C-4269-A320-62685BD485A5.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	68999

Click image for larger version  Name:	B0E41F19-7223-4744-BE83-77FD55B7C921.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	69000
    Last edited by John; 09-07-2019, 09:16 PM.
    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Looks absolutely stunning! Wow.

Comment

As you know I've been a student of the convertible since the beginning, with this image being the first uncovered picture of the closed roof.

I don't remember seeing the sculpting in the roof . Must have been well camo'ed.

And I'm wondering about the dark deck that's visible.

edit.

I'm going to guess that the dark deck is a feature that extends back to the trunk, with louvres in the part just out of range in this picture.
      Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-07-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Kind of makes sense.

A buttress is an architectural structure built against or projecting from a wall which serves to support or reinforce the wall.Buttresses are fairly common on more ancient structures that lack adequate bracing.

A nacelle is a housing, separate from the fuselage, that holds engines, fuel, or equipment on an aircraft.

Naming keeps with an aeronautical/space theme. Flying buttress not-withstanding lol.
        Last edited by Dumbell2; 09-07-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Too late to pull my order for a coupe LOL? That is one stunning roof. Great job Corvette team for hiding it that long from us. The nacelles look terrific too.
          GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            The C8 HT convertible is coming next month, and we just got another clue about its looks thanks to “jayc8,” who somehow got in the a part of the C8 visualizer not yet released. Going to be some top options of body color, partially painted carbon flash nacelles and/or nacelles and roof in carbon flash metallic black.
            Very interesting info. That white camo spyder you posted recently had black or carbon flash painted A-pillars. I just assumed they were part of the camo but maybe they go along with the carbon flash nacelles and roof.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=68680&d=1567819057.jpg
Views:	1904
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	69008

Comment

The design team is really hitting home run after home run.
              When I close my eyes and go to sleep tonight I am going to dream about an S-ducted, wide bodied big winged twin turbo 800hp V8 powered regularly cranked Z06 hardtop Convertible in Accelerate Yellow with a black top and nacelles. 🤘

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post
                The design team is really hitting home run after home run.
                When I close my eyes and go to sleep tonight I am going to dream about an S-ducted, wide bodied big winged twin turbo 800hp V8 powered regularly cranked Z06 hardtop Convertible in Accelerate Yellow with a black top and nacelles. 🤘
                NO!!! You cannot have my car!!! Btw...you forgot the two-tone blue interior, blue calipers, blue engine cover, blue valve covers and bronze wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

NO!!! You cannot have my car!!! Btw...you forgot the two-tone blue interior, blue calipers, blue engine cover, blue valve covers and bronze wheels.
                  Not to worry. GM will make one for you too! Do you think blue interior/accents will look good with the AR?

Comment

Not to worry. GM will make one for you too! Do you think blue interior/accents will look good with the AR?
                    Educate me on AR.

Comment

Sorry to have been confusing. Just short for for Accelerate Yellow..

Name:	IMG_2311.PNG
Views:	1882
Size:	965.2 KB
ID:	69018

Comment

Sorry to have been confusing. Just short for for Accelerate Yellow..

Name:	IMG_2311.PNG
Views:	1882
Size:	965.2 KB
ID:	69018
                        Where does the “R” come into play with Accellerate Yellow Metallic (AYM)? I’m sure your phone or tablet jacked that up so just ribbin ya.

Comment

Sorry, and as this is a GM image, we have confirmation that the HT convertible does not allow one seeing the motor.

Name:	0B492939-EDF1-406D-B33E-F096E89BC239.jpeg
Views:	1881
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	69022

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

Where does the “R” come into play with Accellerate Yellow Metallic (AYM)? I’m sure your phone or tablet jacked that up so just ribbin ya.
                            Fraudian slip . And I have been doing it all day. Lol. Have to go through my posts tomorrow and fix it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              Sorry, and as this is a GM image, we have confirmation that the HT convertible does not allow one seeing the motor.

Name:	0B492939-EDF1-406D-B33E-F096E89BC239.jpeg
Views:	1881
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	69022
                              It will when you put the top in service mode.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X