Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Your Use of Your ME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasboy
    replied
    I’m sure ours would be much as our Z06. Road trips and weekend fun.

Leave a comment:

• Ateupjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
    Okey dokey. But I don’t have a Z 06 and already sold the 17 GS. Sorry can’t help at this time. Oh well
    DRAT! Alrighty then I will look elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• MikeC8
    replied
    Okey dokey. But I don’t have a Z 06 and already sold the 17 GS. Sorry can’t help at this time. Oh well

Leave a comment:

• Ateupjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
    DD because we are retired. Most long distance driving is done with are motorhome or we fly. 3 cars in the garage so the C8 will be the second choice in short trips to HD . Maybe 1500 miles on the C8 per year. We tow a suv behind the motorhome when we travel.
    MikeC8 - please keep that Z06 or ZR1 polished and waxed and in the garage for those of us who will be trading UP from our Grand Sports to the C7 supercharged garage queens when ya'll upgrade to the ME.

Leave a comment:

• MikeC8
    replied
    DD because we are retired. Most long distance driving is done with are motorhome or we fly. 3 cars in the garage so the C8 will be the second choice in short trips to HD . Maybe 1500 miles on the C8 per year. We tow a suv behind the motorhome when we travel.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Road trips rock in every Corvette, wherther a C1 or an upcoming C8.

Leave a comment:

• LightningBolt
    replied
    When I buy a used Vette, I love to buy someone's low mileage garage queen. Unfortunately, I'm not a very good person to contact if you're looking for one! I like to drive my cars, take them on road trips and generally enjoy the **** out of them! I'm the wrong guy to create a showpiece!

Leave a comment:

• AbqVic
    replied
    Hey John,

Here's a similar challenge to your four corners tour. It's a route that touches all 48 states in about 7,500 miles. It was invented by a couple of young Texas guys who ran it in a very short amount of time, of which I forget exactly how long.

A friend and I ran it about 5 years ago when we turned 70 years old on a couple of sport bikes. He on a Suzuki Hyabusa and me on a Kawasaki ZX1100. It took us about 18 days because we underestimated how much we would get beat up by stiff suspensions on bumpy roads, and very strong head winds, no matter which direction we were headed. As proof, we took pictures of all the "Welcome to Our State" signs as we entered them. Planned to make a collage with the pictures, but never got around to it.

Some day I would like to run the four corners as you did in a Vette with the wife to share the driving.

Vic

PS: I saw from the picture, the Texas boys did it in about four days. As I remember there were the two brothers and a friend. A driver, navigator, and one sleeping.
    Last edited by AbqVic; 09-05-2018, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ssscooter66
    replied
    I'm planning to be driving this whenever i can, and thats also what my daughters are thinking also ....

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Originally posted by 1969lolat70 View Post
    Well to be honest, it all comes down to my health. I plan on waiting for the rumored high hp model. If I live long enough to buy it, I'll wait and see if I can still drive it. My family seems to think that I'll not have to worry about driving it. So far I've proved them wrong and will continue to do so as long as possible. I would like to take a couple of trips in it. We will see. Regards Brian
    Brian, here’s to your driving your C10 in great health!
    Last edited by John; 09-03-2018, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Racer86
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    We did our “4 Corners” trip, 9,900, miles in total about 15 years ago. What a wonderful way to “See the U.S.A. In A Chevrolet.” (Thinks Dina Shore).

Might do that again in calendar 2020, for we already have 10,000 miles lined up for next year (including the National Corvette Caravan).

Rcer86, if you do that, feel free to stop over on your way.

Click image for larger version Name:	75CA4E76-AEFA-444C-8C42-38B94D44E3C8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	762.4 KB ID:	6919
    We have traveled your routes many times, mostly for racing, except for the top northern line from Maine to Washington ST. . Looking forward to exploring that area. 4 star hotels, great food, and wine, and,,,,,,,,,,, my ME vette!

Leave a comment:

• Racer86
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    Very good points JB! And I like that you note that “we each get to choose.”

I will never forget when we got our new C6 Z06 via Museum Delivery (2,500 miles from home). I love the car the second I saw it (Buyer’s Tour) and thought to myself, this car is not going to see the rain. “Yeah, you want to bet” (the weather god’s said).

Driving westward, and the weather had been perfect to tha tpoint on the trip, but coming out of Kansas City, in the next 45 minutes we drew through 3 1/2” of rain. LOL, LOL, re never going to see the rain.
    Yea, no rain, picked up our 2008 coupe at the Museum, drove south to Nashville,, in a HAIL STORM. Thought to myself, 15 miles on this car and it’s ruined. Stopped at a hilltop B and B. Got out of the car to look at what I had done. Amazingly, no damage at all. The rest of the trip home was much more fun!
    Bob
    Last edited by Racer86; 09-03-2018, 07:58 AM. Reason: Second grade spelling error

Leave a comment:

• Brian Kissel
    replied
    Well to be honest, it all comes down to my health. I plan on waiting for the rumored high hp model. If I live long enough to buy it, I'll wait and see if I can still drive it. My family seems to think that I'll not have to worry about driving it. So far I've proved them wrong and will continue to do so as long as possible. I would like to take a couple of trips in it. We will see.

Regards Brian

Leave a comment:

• Leshelt
    replied
    I plan on making my ME a drive whenever I want to. I've been retired from the Air Force for 22 years and my previous Corvettes were primarily used as weekend road cars, not driven in the Winter. Now, I'm ready to just enjoy life. If I want to drive it and enjoy it daily, I will. If only want to take it out for the weekend, I will. If I want to take a long trip in it, I will. I want to enjoy it for what it was designed for (performance). The Best Vette Yet! An America Icon and American Sports Car.

Leave a comment:

• USVTRN
    replied
    I will likely daily the thing because it will likely be too badass just to sit in a garage ...but I will probably buy an extended cab truck so I can still transport people and large items though.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X