MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

GT2 vs Comp seats - comfort for daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT2 vs Comp seats - comfort for daily driver

Has anyone sat in both seats and can provide a basic review? Ordered GT2, but really tempted to change to competition seats. I've seen a couple posts saying they're not for daily driver use, but I really like the seats, so I'm open to influence from someone with first hand experience. Opinions welcome.

First post.

While you're getting your answers on comfort, maybe someone could explain why the GT2 seat has adjustment controls on the left front side, while the GT1 and GT3 don't appear to have any.
    First Car: 1974 Fiat X1/9 mid-engine.
    1985 Toyota MR2 first generation mid-engine, 2000 Toyota MR2 third generation mid-engine, 2005 Lotus Elise mid-engine.
    Currently own 1993 Corvette Convertible. Time to merge mid with Vette.

Comment

Originally posted by poptop2000 View Post
      While you're getting your answers on comfort, maybe someone could explain why the GT2 seat has adjustment controls on the left front side, while the GT1 and GT3 don't appear to have any.
      Maybe the GT1 and GT3 seats you saw were passenger seats, and have the controls on the right? All the seats have 8 way power adjust. In the 2LT and 3LT they have adjustable lumbar and side bolsters.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

The 3 seats were on the traveling display that came through Phoenix/Scottsdale last week with the blue west coast show tour car. I "think" they all three were left seats. The car had already had so many people sitting in it that the driver's side white seat in the car had wear marks on the white bolster. I wouldn't buy white seats after seeing that.
        First Car: 1974 Fiat X1/9 mid-engine.
        1985 Toyota MR2 first generation mid-engine, 2000 Toyota MR2 third generation mid-engine, 2005 Lotus Elise mid-engine.
        Currently own 1993 Corvette Convertible. Time to merge mid with Vette.

Comment

Originally posted by poptop2000 View Post
          The 3 seats were on the traveling display that came through Phoenix/Scottsdale last week with the blue west coast show tour car. I "think" they all three were left seats. The car had already had so many people sitting in it that the driver's side white seat in the car had wear marks on the white bolster. I wouldn't buy white seats after seeing that.
          If you like the Sky Cool Gray (white) seats I wouldn't be afraid to get them, unless your planning on letting several thousand people try them out when you get the car.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Maybe the GT1 and GT3 seats you saw were passenger seats, and have the controls on the right? All the seats have 8 way power adjust. In the 2LT and 3LT they have adjustable lumbar and side bolsters.
            Are the upper side bolsters on 3LT GT3 seats adjustable? Against most advise I'm still considering these. I was able to sit in the 1LT display seat at a dealer display, and the top was tight, but maybe the 3LT seats will adjust out some. Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

If you like the Sky Cool Gray (white) seats I wouldn't be afraid to get them, unless your planning on letting several thousand people try them out when you get the car.
              That’s how I ordered my car. I figured it will be mostly my ***, and I’ll make sure it’s clean before I slide it across the bolster
              TPW 2-Mar

Comment

Are the upper side bolsters on 3LT GT3 seats adjustable? Against most advise I'm still considering these. I was able to sit in the 1LT display seat at a dealer display, and the top was tight, but maybe the 3LT seats will adjust out some. Does anyone know?
                I believe so. The C8 Dealer Pack (materials given to dealers to help prepare them to sell the car) says it has "wing adjustments." On the C7, only the upper bolsters are adjustable, so I would guess they are on the C8. But the Competition seats have been reported to be very narrow, to hold you in place on the track. The GT2 seats also have adjustable bolsters, and are likely wider than the Competition seats. I doubt the Competition seats even with the bolsters spread out are any wider than the GT1 seats in the 1LT.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...-for-training/

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Dang, I was planning to have a Corvette "open house" for the entire neighborhood!

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >35,000+ miles

Comment

Dang, I was planning to have a Corvette "open house" for the entire neighborhood!
                    When you do, make sure you engage “Teenager mode” when you let anyone drive...
                    TPW 2-Mar

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post

When you do, make sure you engage “Teenager mode” when you let anyone drive...
                      Before I let anyone drive, I'll remove all 8 spark plugs! And disconnect the battery.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >35,000+ miles

Comment

Before I let anyone drive, I'll remove all 8 spark plugs! And disconnect the battery.
                        ... and as we have learned, with no battery, the DCT is locked up, so cannot be pushed either 😄.
                        TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned; 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004 : 1981 C3 White Coupe, 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by v5150 View Post
                          Has anyone sat in both seats and can provide a basic review? Ordered GT2, but really tempted to change to competition seats. I've seen a couple posts saying they're not for daily driver use, but I really like the seats, so I'm open to influence from someone with first hand experience. Opinions welcome.

First post.
                          Are you muscular? Are you a “wide body?” If so, run away from the comp seats IMO. The comp seat bolsters, even at their widest spread, stick out more toward the front— both in terms of their angularity and their size, in both dimensions significantly more than the GT2 seats (the latter which in turn have bigger bolsters and stick out more than the GT1 seats).

If one is planning to use their C8 for a daily driver, again IMO do not get comp seats, for getting in and out will be a PIA by your third successive errand. And if you have a bad back or are not limber, forget the comp seats entirely. In the now removed video by Brandon from Parkland Chevrolet, he specifically stated that he did not find the comp seats comfortable (and he is far from very muscular or large).

However, having said all that, if you are a genuine track rat, going to spend most of your weekends there, please do spring for the comp seats especially if you are doing competitive track events.

For “tweeters,” those who got to the track 4-6 times per year and do not race competitively, we have seen two reviewers comment how good the GT2 seats are for track use.

Finally, for those not yet aware, the actually cushioning material on the bottom of the comp seat base and your seat back is by necessity 20% firmer for the comp seat than the other two seats. If you lack thigh and butt padding, do you want to sit on a very firm seat if you are doing long distance driving?

I loved the comp seats for my Spring Mountain C7 Z06 training, but most sessions there were less than 30 minutes. I have sat in the GT2 seats twice and my personal review is identical to everyone else’s, how comfortable they are. For long distance tourers as we are, the GT2 seats will be just perfect both in terms of comfort and yet when we spiritedly do Corvette, curvy, tight cornering, they will hold us nicely in our seats.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

How do the GT1 seats compare to the GT2 Seats?
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                              How do the GT1 seats compare to the GT2 Seats?
                              I sat in both at Carlisle and NCM, and didn't detect any difference in feel. BUT, you can't really tell much with a few minutes in each seat. I talked to the GM guy who drove the black 1LT with GT1 seats from Detroit to Bowling Green, and he said the seats were great, but he works for GM, and wasn't going to tell me they suck.

You can read what GM says about them here: (scroll down until you see the seat pictures, then click on any of the seats)

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...-for-training/

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >35,000+ miles

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X