Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Convertible to be unveiled in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible to be unveiled in October

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...led-in-october

Sounds good.
    There is a madness to my method!
    C8 on order Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
    2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

Comment

Hopefully we have Canadian Pricing on the regular C8 by then...grumble grumble

Comment

Hopefully Canadian pricing is even sooner than that.

As to the Motor Authority article, they are quoting a timeline that is what I was definitively told two months ago by a little birdie. So unlike some conjecture articles by some media, MotorAuthority is absolutely correct on this one — especially with their quoting BGA Plant Manager as their source.
        Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This pertains to my interests. Of course, a reveal and actual ordering and production dates are different things. Any birdies twittering, chirping, squawking, or crowing about that?
          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
          Spectra Grey Tridents.
          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

John ... any birdies give an idea on the upcharge for the convertible?

Comment

The article states,

If Chevy sticks to an October introduction of the all-new Corvette convertible, we should see the open-air model in showrooms by early 2020—just in time for warmer spring weather.
              To me, I read this as immediate parallel production with the coupe, once C8 production begins. Any other opinions?
              My C8:
              '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
              '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
              '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
              '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I was thinking and hoping the same

Zeus Bronze HTC, 3LT, Natural Dipped, Q8T Spectra Gray Trident Wheels, NPP Performance Exhaust, ZYC Carbon Flash Exterior Mirrors, DRG Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, E60 Adjustable Front Lift, D84 Carbon Flash Convertible Top and Nacelles, and R8C Museum Delivery

Comment

I just read "should" as wishful thinking. The factory is going to have a huge rush of Coupe orders this month. Enough to keep them busy for a year. Are they going to delay coupe orders in order to satisfy later convertible orders?
                  2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                  Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                  2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                  Spectra Grey Tridents.
                  Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

I would suspect they will not announce a new convertible and then say but we won’t build any because there are no allocations left!! Does that mean an additional convertible allocation release? Or does it mean some coupe orders get pushed back because of convertible build availability not coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                      I just read "should" as wishful thinking. The factory is going to have a huge rush of Coupe orders this month. Enough to keep them busy for a year. Are they going to delay coupe orders in order to satisfy later convertible orders?
                      that's the opposite of what I'm wondering. I have my allocation and my color will be yellow or rapid blue(nov and dec constraints), but I want a vert (most likely), so I was told to wait to give my order until the vert is revealed. I was told my order would go into the same spot where it would have been if I didn't wait for the vert reveal, If I decide to go with a coupe. If I go with the vert I would go behind anybody that was originally in front of me who decided to get the vert and that the vert orders would go in as soon as that option is available in the color requested, the same as any other constraint.

My worry is the vert getting bumped until 2021 model year, because of all of the coupe orders.
                      If it does I may go coupe, for that reason alone.

Comment

That’s interesting...I do not believe my order for the coupe will go in before the convertible is introduced. I may consider the ‘vert then, depending on the price difference

Comment

Originally posted by 23skinguy View Post
                          That’s interesting...I do not believe my order for the coupe will go in before the convertible is introduced. I may consider the ‘vert then, depending on the price difference
                          I'm willing to pay $7k for it, so my guess is that it will cost $7500 to test my resolve.

Comment

What type of drop off rate on targa c8 orders for the new folding hardtop do you guys expect?

with an expected price increase of 7500 to 10 grand I expect this new type of convertible for corvette to be a smashing success.

ferrari barely sells any hardtop mid engine sports cars once the spider version is available.

of course thats probably a quarter of a million dollar sports car and the c8 is a quarter of that or a third...

ill always go for the targa...but I love the vert.

I ll guess at a five percent early drop off rate from present reservation of a targa to a Spyder order once its shown and available to reserve.

id guess may delivery for spyders to start delivering in dealerships.

i know of one gentleman already who placed his targa order with a first quarter delivery....and I believe just cancelled and went to the spyder reserve list ...He is a fine slightly older gentleman who Ive known for decades. He is an officer of the local corvette club chapter and he buys corvettes what seems lime every six months or so...probably every year or two...

I believe with this short notice before the targas are built...many of the supposed 40 percent drop off some chevy saleman speak of will be for the convertible version if its closer tomthe 7 grand mark versus the ten..,

the sleek look of the spyder nit to mention the ease of operation make that an easy 7500 to part with...for many buyers...

i like to lift off the targa manually as it gives me time to shoot the breeze with passerbys.....plus Im cheap...(kidding)

the power folding hardtop is a nice and worthy feature ...in the summer you really do need to wear gloves or use 2 rags to lift off the targa thats been sitting in the sun...making the power top feature of the spyder a winning option to purchase

the sleek looks when down are going to make the decision even more challenging to ignore,

i bet more like 20 percent of drop offs of the targa when the spyder releases undisguised in october.

Comment

JB, not sure we have ever met, but you just described my exact situation, I passed my number one position for a C8 when the Spyder was not announced in combination with the Targa and moved to number one on a Spyder list. If that is a 2020 fine, if not oh well, it will be my eleventh new Corvette since 2007 most Z06 or ZR1, my most recent C7 Z06/Z07 has departed in anticipation.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X