Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

New Information on Natural and Morello Red Dipped Interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Information on Natural and Morello Red Dipped Interiors

Photos of the C8 interiors show that some surfaces that are normally leather in 3LT interiors are actually suede in the case of the Natural Dipped interior. Suede is used instead of leather around and on the console, including mode switch and cup holder cover, on the door armrests around the switches, and on a portion of the dashboard.

I asked the Concierge staff whether this additional suede is standard on on all dipped interiors or only when suede seat inserts are chosen. And whether Morello Red also has the additional suede surfaces. Here is the final answer - the bold text is my addition:

Hi Bob!

Sorry for the confusion. We checked with the Corvette Design Team and they advised when you get a dipped interior (Natural/Morello Red), the areas you mentioned (mode switch, door armrests, dashboard/console), will come with those additional suede components.

Please let us know if you need further clarification on this or if you have any additional questions! We would be happy to help.

Corvette Concierge
    Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Excellent information CaryBob. We thank you to adding to our knowledge pool; going to be very helpful to those interested in suede (or not).
    Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Frankly, I rather not have suede! Might there be an option or override to eliminate this?

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
        Frankly, I rather not have suede! Might there be an option or override to eliminate this?
        Yes is there a way to have it leather instead of suede? Thanks
        Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

The way I read the D30 Color Combination Override option, it would not apply to this situation.

I think the only option to avoid the suede is to choose the Natural interior instead of Natural Dipped. All the tan suede areas of Natural Dipped would be tan leather in the Natural interior.

There is also a difference between 2LT and 3LT Natural in that 3LT adds the tan leather to the lower parts of the dash, above the driver/passenger knees.
          Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

CaryBob is correct that the color override only applies to three things.

Originally posted by Order Guide
            Recommended restrictions to exterior, interior and seat belt color combinations.

1 - To be used exclusively to override exterior, interior and seat belt color combinations. SOLD orders only. Color Combination Override is available at an additional charge.
            Last edited by John; 09-04-2019, 07:34 PM.
            Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Too bad. I really like the look of the Natural Dipped, but wouldn't want all those frequent contact surfaces in suede. Well, I can save a lot of money by not ordering the 3LT.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

What about the all black interior with the red stitching we seen on the red car at the reveal? That wasn’t dipped and it had suede on the console, doors, glovebox...

Comment

Originally posted by NavySuppo View Post
                  What about the all black interior with the red stitching we seen on the red car at the reveal? That wasn’t dipped and it had suede on the console, doors, glovebox...
                  I didn’t ask about that, but some of the photos suggest that those surfaces may change to suede when suede seating surfaces (and suede steering wheel) is optioned, and are leather otherwise. It may also only apply to 3LT. In the case of the dipped interiors, which are 3LT only, the Concierge says that they are always suede.

Comment

How would one clean the alcantara suede? In particular if sunscreen gets on the materials? It looks nice and feels soft, but it cleaning is a haste, this would be a problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofid View Post
                      How would one clean the alcantara suede? In particular if sunscreen gets on the materials? It looks nice and feels soft, but it cleaning is a haste, this would be a problem for me.
                      For the suede inserts in my C7 seats, I've never used anything but a damp cloth and they look like new. But on lighter colors, more may be needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00100EJ24...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Best used regularly, before the surfaces get really dirty.

Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

The TR car that I sat in at Carlisle had the 3LT natural dipped interior. I was very nice with all the alcantara, but not for me. I really like the look of the 2LT natural with the 2 tone seats, as well as, the 2LT red interior with 2 tone seats. I wish we could get the GT1 seats in 2 tone, oh well. Tough decisions to make ... I'm glad I'm not "on the clock" to order yet

Comment

Sticking with the Dipped Natural with leather inserts. I don't care for the suede on armrests and console door, but will live with it. If it starts looking bad I can always replace with leather, at least the console cover & mode switch cover.

Comment

Me too. I reconsidered "plain old" Natural, but I think I will also stick with Natural Dipped. However I am going to delete the suede seating surfaces and steering wheel from my order to reduce the number of surfaces that may need special attention. I'm a little worried about all that suede that my hands contact, but they are probably less susceptible to dirt and oil than a suede steering wheel.

Comment

Technically I would like to know what "dipped" means. charlie

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X