Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Uh oh, problems brewing with supply of LT2 engine blocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh, problems brewing with supply of LT2 engine blocks?

The engine blocks come from a Windsor Ontario plant run by a Mexican company. The company intends to shut down its Windsor plant and move production to Mexico. The workers in Windsor are going to shut the plant down in protest, claiming the shut down violates a prior agreement to keep the plant open through 2022.

"A subsidiary of Mexican industrial conglomerate Alfa, Nemak produces aluminum parts for the auto sector. The local plant supplies aluminum engine blocks to General Motors, specifically for the Chevrolet Colorado diesel pickup and the new Chevrolet Corvette, as well as the Cadillac CTS in the Chinese market."

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...e-announcement

Hmm, if they delay production of LT2s, I guess I can settle for an LT4 - it should bolt-up to the Tremec DCT.
    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust
    Upcoming Vette:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 two-tone seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

It’s turning into a big mess, UAW, 96% of the workers just voted to authorize a strike if necessary. Today’s WSJ stated that the UAW would be targeting GM in the first round of talks. And some top UAW leaders are under investigation for corruption . Have a great day

Comment

First the UAW, now this....Trouble in Paradise?
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

Not good! I hope they can get this resolved asap...Or as Mobius said: I'll take an LT4...Ditto for me, slide that bad boy in and lets call it a day!
          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On order from Kerbeck
          C8 Spec: Torch Red, 2LT, Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,TUL,Q8P,SC7,ERI,R8C

Comment

Could be really bad news for those who rushed to sell their C7's and are now Vett-less.

Comment

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post
              Could be really bad news for those who rushed to sell their C7's and are now Vett-less.
              That be me! Yikes!!! What next???

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post

That be me! Yikes!!! What next???
                Toyota Camry’s hold at least 2 golf bags,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just kidding. This is a big problem developing. Hope GM finds a way to settle this quickly. 🙏

Comment

Not that it matters, but I think GM has much too much at stake financially and from a brand perspective to have anything that's in their control derail their efforts to bring the C8 to market on time. No doubt the labor leaders are well aware of this and will use it as a considerable leveraging tool. It will all work out sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post
                    Not that it matters, but I think GM has much too much at stake financially and from a brand perspective to have anything that's in their control derail their efforts to bring the C8 to market on time. No doubt the labor leaders are well aware of this and will use it as a considerable leveraging tool. It will all work out sooner or later.
                    Agree, on all counts. It’s a wait and see for us corvette guys

Comment

As smart folks noted, “you can worry so big.” I am not going to lose one minute of sleep nor incur on minute of angst about about those things which I/we can not control.

The issues of the engine block production and the possible strike, will be worked out.

GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I can,t believe GM is not on top of this and have built a surplus inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                          Not good! I hope they can get this resolved asap...Or as Mobius said: I'll take an LT4...Ditto for me, slide that bad boy in and lets call it a day!
                          Best idea yet ! "GM ........... Pick up the ball and run with it !"
                          Ordered from Mike Furman @Criswell: 2020 C8 1LT, Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic, GT1 Adrenaline Red Seats. Splash Guards. Corvette Museum Life Member

Comment

So do you think they have 20 or 30 thousand LT4s laying around?
                            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              As smart folks noted, “you can worry so big.” I am not going to lose one minute of sleep nor incur on minute of angst about about those things which I/we can not control.

The issues of the engine block production and the possible strike, will be worked out.
                              Of course it will be worked out, but in what time frame. To me, that would be the question. My biggest problem is worrying about when to change the litter in the cat box 🍺🍺

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X