Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Question for Those Familiar with Vinyl Wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Those Familiar with Vinyl Wraps

I'm trying to keep costs down on my C8 order and thought about using a carbon fiber wrap on the targa top and, possibly, the rear spoiler lip on the non-Z51 trunk. I don't think the top would be an issue but not sure about the rear lip. The vinyl piece would not be wrapped around an edge in the case of the rear lip. Is this doable?

Yes absolutely. 3M 1080 vinyl wrap is great stuff. Just order their sample color wheel to see if you like their simulated carbon fiber, or any of their colors and finishes. I might even suggest you consider their brushed finishes as a cool option to carbon IMO. Anyway, I've had great luck with it. Blacked out all the cheap plastic chrome on my Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit two years ago and it still looks OEM.
    '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
    '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
    Several others including two C7's

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.
      My concern was that most wraps I've seen, they fold over an edge. With just the rear lip section of the trunk on the C8, there is no edge (at the very least on the bottom area of the lip).

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 No Spoiler2.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	67610

Comment

In order to do it properly, you'll have to remove the piece, wrap, then reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
          In order to do it properly, you'll have to remove the piece, wrap, then reinstall.
          I'm not 100% certain but, at least in the photos I've seen, it appears the spoiler lip is part of the rear deck (not a seperate, mounted part). This is one of my main concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by gorilla1969 View Post

I'm not 100% certain but, at least in the photos I've seen, it appears the spoiler lip is part of the rear deck (not a seperate, mounted part). This is one of my main concerns.
            Ah, that is a conundrum then.

Comment

Vinyl wrap is just a giant vinyl decal. if you're not wrapping over an edge, it's no different than the center stripe or fender hashes you can order from the factory. Will it last forever? Nothing does. But it will hold up for the foreseeable future. If it starts to peel in 10 years, do it again.
              GMO Rapid Blue, EFY Body-Color Accents, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Suspension, 1LT Trim, HTA Jet Black Interior, 3A9 Tension Blue Seat Belt, Q8S Sterling Silver Trident Wheels, J6F Bright Red Calipers

Comment

Need a good installer for sure. You may be able to get spoiler done in place, but as mentioned it is easier when off the car. Check out some web videos to see how flexible it is. I am considering doing the rocker with a gloss metallic black from 3M.

The picture below is this 3M wrap applied to a red painted lower panel to set up the diffuser look on my car. You will notice the idiot did not get a straight line on the vertical piece, but it has not shown any signs of peeling off and has held up well.
                Last edited by 68roadster; 09-04-2019, 12:47 PM.
                2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C7 rear.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	67737
                  2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X