Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Concierge C8 Provided New Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concierge C8 Provided New Info

First a major thanks to “fzust” for asking and getting the following information from his Concierge conversation. Sounds like reasonable info, but we all know that not 100% information we have received from our total Concierge conversations has been perfect (for they just like we, they are also entitled to continually learn more). So FWIW...

Originally posted by fzust
    He was able to tell me that the 1LT is 8Kg(17.6lbs) lighter than the 2LT. The 2LT is 1Kg(2.2lbs) lighter than 3LT.

Additionally, the wheels weights are very close to each other i.e. within 1 lb.
    Last edited by John; 09-03-2019, 11:15 PM.
    Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Harlan shared with me that wheel weights are all very close to each other as well.

Comment

Ah Ha ! I've been telling everyone that will listen ............ Long Beach Red Tintcoat is faster 0-60 than the other colors ...............
      Last edited by MikeyTX; 09-03-2019, 11:13 PM. Reason: added picture lol
      2022 1LT Coupe Hypersonic Gray Metallic Carbon Flash wheels Yellow calipers Yellow Seat Belts Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and BBQ ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
        Harlan shared with me that wheel weights are all very close to each other as well.
        Also, the wheels are a little heavier than the C7 rims, but also stronger
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Email Sent to Corvette Concierge on 9/2/2019

As a member of the Mid-Engine Corvette Forum we currently have an ongoing discussion on how the actual “Corvette” Metal Nameplates …. Chrome or Black are being determined, since there are no specific RPO for the nameplates. Do these RPO Codes, which we know are for the exterior badge package, but are wondering if they could have anything to do with how the Chrome or Black “Corvette” Metal Nameplates are being determined…To add to the confusion the visualizer shows that the Standard Black Engine Cover comes with the Black “Corvette” Metal Nameplate….
          EYT Carbon Flash Exterior Badge Package S S S
          EYK Chrome Exterior Badge Package A A A
          Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=66429&amp;d=1567352955.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	67661

Name:	fetch?id=66533&amp;d=1567367253.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	67662

Corvette Concierge Response 9/3/2019

Hello James!

I certainly understand your concerns. I have seen that the Corvette metal nameplates stay the same as black regardless of the color engine cover that you select. I will check into this for you and be sure to get back with you just so we can double check our bases.

Thank you,

Chevrolet Corvette Concierge
          Global Connected Customer Experience

Corvette Concierge Response 9/4/2019

Hey James!

Just getting back with you on that question. I got confirmation from our design team and they confirmed that the black Corvette Nameplate on the engine will always be black and not a secondary option of silver available. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us!

Thank you,

Chevrolet Corvette Concierge
          Global Connected Customer Experience

GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

That is good to know. Hence, on the standard engine cover, still the only one we can order due to the constraints on the Edge Red and Silver cover (we do not even have their price yet), this is what every initial C8 being shipped will look life.

When I see the standard engine cover, it looks like a charcoal color.

Click image for larger version  Name:	36C1F52C-777F-48CE-9E9A-D555FC5BE6CF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	163.3 KB ID:	67682

So if the Concierge was referring to the nameplate trim, as it appears he was, then it seems are going to have the below truly black nameplate trim on top of a charcoal engine cover?

Click image for larger version  Name:	FD7B0A2C-7B4B-4EE4-9289-750E0801F71C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	976.2 KB ID:	67683

Again the car is not yet 100% part content production approved, so might we yet see something different on our first customer cars?

Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

But.... all of the cars at Carlisle and NCM, I'm pretty sure, had silver nameplates. The confusion continues.

Name:	engine name plates.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	67694
              Last edited by meyerweb; 09-04-2019, 11:14 AM.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                But.... all of the cars at Carlisle and NCM, I'm pretty sure, had silver nameplates. The confusion continues.
                Sorry, but here is a screenshot from Carlisle with black nameplates....

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 11.51.07 AM.png
Views:	718
Size:	914.8 KB
ID:	67731
                GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  So if the Concierge was referring to the nameplate trim, as it appears he was, then it seems are going to have the below truly black nameplate trim on top of a charcoal engine cover?
                  John, that is exactly what he was referring to......

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	67735

Comment

So we still have silver and black ones on the display cars. Black on the silver cover, silver on the red cover. Doesn't jibe with what the concierge said.

Comment

So we still have silver and black ones on the display cars. Black on the silver cover, silver on the red cover. Doesn't jibe with what the concierge said.
                      If you don't agree or like with what the Concierge has said then send the Concierge an email..... I'm only the messenger

Comment

Originally posted by jwstegbauer View Post

If you don't agree or like with what the Concierge has said then send the Concierge an email..... I'm only the messenger
                        Not criticizing you, just pointing out we may still not have an accurate answer. There have been other questions where two different concierge gave opposite answers.

Comment

The black engine cover looks the best to my eye.
                          2022 1LT Coupe Hypersonic Gray Metallic Carbon Flash wheels Yellow calipers Yellow Seat Belts Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and BBQ ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

I might be tempted by a Torch Red engine cover with a TR car, but neither the darker red nor silver do anything for me.

Comment

I might be tempted by a Torch Red engine cover with a TR car, but neither the darker red nor silver do anything for me.
                              I agree with you, but then we have the darker red valve covers.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X