Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Front lift with no Z51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front lift with no Z51

Is it really necessary without the Z51 package?

I will be getting it on a non-Z51 because my driveway is crazy steep and I think it is cool tech for the price. I am big in to scraping the soft parts here in Rocky Top land. If you don't have to go mountain climbing like me, you probably don't need it. Will be interesting to hear from others driving it compared to their C7 for scraping the air dam, etc.
    2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

There's a post on here somewhere saying a Corvette team member said the angle of attack on the C8 is the same as the C7, so if you don't feel you need it on that car you probably won't need it on the C8.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks... it is a cool feature and I DO have speed bumps in the hood, but I'm soooo using to slowing WAY down after years and the 2 inch lift doesn't seem like that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
          Is it really necessary without the Z51 package?
          Is it really necessary with the Z51?

Comment

Originally posted by vettekat View Post

Is it really necessary with the Z51?
            The splitter on the Z51 reduces ground clearance a little. Whether it's "necessary," depends a lot on your local conditions. Never have to deal with driveway entrances with a sharp angle? Maybe not necessary. Frequently scrape your C7? Maybe it is. In the end, everyone gets to decide for themselves.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Questions:

Are there places you would routinely like to go to that you can not in your Corvette?

Are there times where you had plans/places to got to, but that you had to turn around to avoid damage?

Would you have lowered your Corvette some, or more, but did not due to fearing splitter or other potential damage?

Do you go longer distances to go to gas stations, restaurants or similar because those close to you are literally unaccessible to your Corvette?

Answers to those four above questions are/were a definite “yes” for us, though in fairness, our Z06 traveled not just locally but to 28 states.

And additional questions for others to consider

Do you make detours around some local streets due to speed bumps and/or road dips?

Did you experience damage to your Corvette’s splitter?

As you drive your Corvette, would you be more relaxed if it had a front axle lift system?

If answers to any of the above questions were or are a “yes,” probably a good idea to consider the advantages of buying the front axle lift option.

Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Excellent post John. I'm one of the unfortunates who answers "yes" to those questions. Speed bumps are not the issue. But every do-it-yourself car wash near me has culverts that I can't cross so all washing is done in my driveway. There is a parking garage that I use with that I can't exit unless I use one specific exit lane. I visit friends and offices with driveways or parking lots so steep that I have to park elsewhere and walk. I park almost two feet from curbs because the car doesn't clear any of them. While I'm used to dealing with all this, it would be nice not to have to. Plus the lift option is cheaper than replacing a carbon fiber splitter.
                Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Has anyone measured the normal ground clearance of the Z51 front splitter?

My current car is low and I have to be careful to avoid splitter hits. It would be very helpful to compare.
                  2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                  Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                  2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                  Spectra Grey Tridents.
                  Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Not that measurement per se, but the car is officially listed as 5.3” ground clearance and we were told that that is both for the entry and the Z51 versions.
                    Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

OK that's useful. My car measures 5.0" to the front splitter, and then less to the air dam. So with that extra 0.3" I'll have no problems
                      2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                      2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                      Spectra Grey Tridents.
                      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Thanks John.... for confirming that BOTH versions are the same height. I also agree with most of your "ask yourself" questions and have opted for the front lift. I guess the "1.6 inches" will be just enough to clear most issues, but I wish it would raise a bit more than that small amount.

Comment

Is that 1.6 inches at the suspension, or at the very front of the car? If it's at the suspension, the front will go up a bit more.
                          Last edited by meyerweb; 09-05-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Good point. I'm only going by this for reference.
                            https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...nt-lift-video/
                            In the video animation... it looks to go up much higher than just 1.6 < that looks at least 3 inches in that video but hard to really tell >

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                              Has anyone measured the normal ground clearance of the Z51 front splitter?

My current car is low and I have to be careful to avoid splitter hits. It would be very helpful to compare.
                              When I saw the ELB Z51 display car I physically measured the front end to the floor height with the unpainted spliter on it. It measured exactly 5"?
                              I was told by the reps that that did not include the lift measurement of 2".

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X