Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Help my C8 is 90K!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help my C8 is 90K!!!!!

Im sorry but I have two first world problems.

1) 2LT vs 3LT
    jet black with red stiching is what i want, but I also like the jet black seats with adrenaline red dash,doors etc. only availble on 3LT for 4k More. SMH. Just plain 2LT black seems so boring to me but I have not sat in the car. Maybe 3LT is not needed and I can just save some money. Thoughts from those who have seen them?

2) non z51 vs Z51 w/MRC

Sure I could save money here, Not going to track it much if at all. Kind of like the car w/o the spoiler(but i havent seen it in torch red w/o spoiler- still looking)
    If I go Z51 do i get the black or color match spoiler with the black mirrors(so torn on this. I literally cant decide. I may filp a coin today) If I am spending 80K on a car should i just go all out and get the z51? Just seems like when im at 2LT/3LT Im all in at that point and will regret not doing the z51 with MRC as a "toy" option if i keep it forever.

Has anyone taken a picture of the adrenealine red interior? Does it look nice, or is it flashy and gaudy looking? Check out my awesome spreadsheet. My wife may kill me.

Attached Files

Having owned a MRC car, I would buy it again.

Comment

Losing internet within minutes but I can answer one question for you. My friend’s C7 06 has the Adrenaline Red and black interior, and it far from gaudy. I really like it — even considered it for our C8. That interior is in his Shark Gray car.

Sorry, no experience with Torch Red and Adrenaline Red. Someone else can help there.
      GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Could probably buy a low option z06 c8 for around 90 grand...

i dont see the point...the nonsense we hear we have to have this or that is ridiculous.

get the options YOU want...leave off the options you dont...

just remember most cars depreciate around 30 percent in 3 years 50 percent in 5 years in private sales ...

But options depreciate close to 100 percent almost immdediately.

If you are asking what many of us do...I drew the line on the things I really want and rolled out with a 67 grand corvette that will make me smile everyday I drive it...thats all I care about ...will this sports car make me smile ...

you should do the same unless money is no object or you can write the car off...

everybody is different like when choosing colors...

GM marketing and sales loves guys like you.(and almost got me) ..they lead the consumer up the ladder by enticing them with parts of each of the next higher package.

Specifically I have always lived my life prioritizing what I do...what I choose to do etc.....in every aspect of my life...

its been extremely successful for me...

whats best for you is hard to say.

we dont know you....

do you have 5 or 10 million in assets and no debt?

If it were me id say skip a few items on the checklist...prioritize what you think you need to be happy long term versus what you kind of like...for a moment in time...if that makes any sense....

some people ..dont have squat and they spend more than they have everyday of their lives until the day they die...

you have to ask yourself how do you live your life.

90 grand is crazy on a standard c8...IMO...

come back to reality...fine tune your order...chop off some excess...

remember you asked for opinions and as a fellow forum member who never met you...

Im just throwing out some advice...

remember its not your last car ever...what are you really going to miss if you dont order it...

chop the rest off...

believe me...you can always trade the car in and buy another one...

some are kn our 10 th corvette...Im on my forth...

ill sure Ill buy a fifth new one down the road..

i hope this helps and I hope my typing did not come across as rude.
        Last edited by JB; 09-03-2019, 02:18 PM.
        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

If it were me, I would go 2LT with Z51 and MRC. I would skip the optional wheels, and get the silver wheels powder coated any color I like for $600 or less. I would likely also skip the front lift. And I find optional carbon fiber trim to be an extravagance. I would also consider saving $595 and going with black brake calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by dev23007 View Post
            Im sorry but I have two first world problems.

1) 2LT vs 3LT
            jet black with red stiching is what i want, but I also like the jet black seats with adrenaline red dash,doors etc. only availble on 3LT for 4k More. SMH. Just plain 2LT black seems so boring to me but I have not sat in the car. Maybe 3LT is not needed and I can just save some money. Thoughts from those who have seen them?

2) non z51 vs Z51 w/MRC

Sure I could save money here, Not going to track it much if at all. Kind of like the car w/o the spoiler(but i havent seen it in torch red w/o spoiler- still looking)
            If I go Z51 do i get the black or color match spoiler with the black mirrors(so torn on this. I literally cant decide. I may filp a coin today) If I am spending 80K on a car should i just go all out and get the z51? Just seems like when im at 2LT/3LT Im all in at that point and will regret not doing the z51 with MRC as a "toy" option if i keep it forever.

Has anyone taken a picture of the adrenealine red interior? Does it look nice, or is it flashy and gaudy looking? Check out my awesome spreadsheet. My wife may kill me.
            You can get the Red Seats as a no cost option with the 2LT package. These are on the base GT1 Seats. That is one way to save some $$ and add some colour. I think that the 2LT package with high wing spoiler and red seats (on the GT1 seat) and performance exhaust is a nice price point for me. (also red seat belts and red calipers)

Comment

O
              n the 2LT the AR interior with two-tone seats looks great. Mostly black, but with lots of red accents. Not boring at all. That requires the GT2 seats, but is still a lot less than the 3LT. It's still not clear if you also need the to separately order the red-stitching option, but I think if you order the AR interior you automatically get red stitching. People have gotten conflicting answers from the Corvette concierge.

Regarding the AR / TR combination, it's not my favorite. I've seen it on the C7, and the reds are different enough in shade that I don't like it. The red / black with TR works better, but still not my favorite. Lots of people love it, though.

As for Z51, there's lots of discussion about that:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...uncter-himself

My personal take is that unless you're tracking it is a nice to have, but far from a necessity. Heck, I've tracked my non-Z51 C7 (not racing, but hard, fast laps) and it did just fine. The base C8 should be even better. For most of us, budgets aren't unlimited and trade-offs are necessary. Sounds like you need to decide whether the interior or the Z51 package matters more to you if you can't justify the $90K.

But a 2LT with two-tone red / black interior and no Z51 is still going to be an awsome car, and maybe $20K under 90.

From the visualizer:

Click image for larger version  Name:	red black two tone 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	153.4 KB ID:	67335

Click image for larger version  Name:	red black two tone 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	152.8 KB ID:	67336
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Yeah I do feel like im getting suckered on every level I really wanted the car to be around 75k. I would feel better about that. Im just trying to pick and choose. If I splurge on everything GM will be very happy. We have all debt paid off, God bless for that, so this is really just a car I have always wanted since I was 5 that is finally attainable, since its my first vette ever I think I am doing the kid in a candy store thing at the moment. Thanks for everyones input.

Comment

Day, I may not be much help but the points JB makes are on the mark. For me personally, I'd rather have someone build the car I like, or 90% of it and then snatch it up when they get tired of looking at it sit in their garage or want to jump up to the next version. This will be my third Corvette when I eventually get the C8, but, no offense to those that really enjoy building exactly what they want, I'll be waiting for year 2 at least. It will take that long for me to convince the wife since that's what it took for my C7. If you are going the build route, spec it with everything you want and enjoy it. You can't take it with you when you go.

Don't feel bad. I did a build your own pricing for a NSX and it was a hair under $200k with relatively the same features I have on my C7. Needless to say, Acura won't be selling me an NSX.
                  Last edited by Fireeagle; 09-03-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

If I was in your shoes and I was about to spend 90k on the base car. I would either cut options or I would just wait to see what the z06 looked like.

Comment

Thanks Everyone, I think I am leaning towards the 2LT with the Adrenaline Red jet black combo in the pics above. Getting rid of the interior carbon fiber, and still debaing on the z51 with MRC. Meyerweb do you think those pics above for the interior would clash with the Torch red color? Is that what you were saying below?
                      --

Regarding the AR / TR combination, it's not my favorite. I've seen it on the C7, and the reds are different enough in shade that I don't like it. The red / black with TR works better, but still not my favorite. Lots of people love it, though.

Comment

Yeah I do feel like im getting suckered on every level I really wanted the car to be around 75k. I would feel better about that. Im just trying to pick and choose. If I splurge on everything GM will be very happy. We have all debt paid off, God bless for that, so this is really just a car I have always wanted since I was 5 that is finally attainable, since its my first vette ever I think I am doing the kid in a candy store thing at the moment. Thanks for everyones input.
                        i would not say you are getting suckered...you are just enthusiastically excited...

im just suggesting taking a moment of time and deciding what options are extremely important to YOU and what options really is something you got swept up in the moment..

you set the price target at 75 as logical and rational...and with that take some time to decide whats important to you...and whats really just kind of nice to have.

there is no right or wrong answer..

people who say 75 grand is nothing are idiots...thats a lot of money ...

the only people who say 75 grand is nothing are the people who live hand to mouth.

you are a smart guy to realize 90 grand is too close to a possible lightly optioned z06 ..

you arent tracking the car, we just have a thread on the subject ...and there is a possible thought the z51 is mostly about excess cooling capacity because the c7 z06 and even c7 z51 had a temperature threshold of 86 degrees and with the c8 maybe the main focus was moved to 100 degree cooling capacity on track days ...

im a big fan of z51 fe4 so Im ordering that....

your priorities may be different...

none of us have driven the c8 , no magazine reports and you mention you are never tracking it...so maybe drop that..

the standard car from the information we have seen so far tops out at 194 mph accelerates to 60 mph in 3 seconds versus 2.9 seconds...

mauve thats 7 grand to chop out for your car...

if you are at 90 and you want to spend 75...find the things you can change later on if you decide you want the,..

like carbon fiber this or that...a big one is extra cost oem wheels ...

gm is not inexpensive compared to what you can do later on with wheels...

I cant say what to chop because we dont know you..what your priorities are .or what you ordered...

I suggest any item that can be added later on easily after you get the car and live with it for awhile Id pull first off the 90 grand (gm probably will hate me..lol but its true....

Again..i hope you see my postings as respectful, helpful and sincere...

you can post here...you can pm .

bottom line and jmo with a stated target of a more logical price at 75 grand ...30 thousand dollars in options on a 60 thousand dollar car is in many ways an imbalance and in my opinion is to close to what a base c8 z06 will cost...

Last edited by JB; 09-03-2019, 04:04 PM.
                        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

JB, have you ever thought of working as a part-time therapist or life counselor? I think you'd be really good at it.😀 I really enjoy your logical posts. Just when I'm thinking it's way past time to just get off this computer and outside in the real word, you throw up another interesting take on things, so I stay around a little too long. But now, the sun is shining, so I am shutting this down and going outside.

Comment

Toyota has some nice Camry’s on sale, much cheaper than a Corvette.

Comment

Thanks Everyone, I think I am leaning towards the 2LT with the Adrenaline Red jet black combo in the pics above. Getting rid of the interior carbon fiber, and still debaing on the z51 with MRC. Meyerweb do you think those pics above for the interior would clash with the Torch red color? Is that what you were saying below?
                              --

The AR isn't as bright, or as red, as the paint. It's a very personal opinion. I know people who love the TR / AR combination. You might, too. I don't, although the two-tone black / AR works a lot better for me with TR than the full AR seats.

If you have any chevy dealers with a good selection of C7s in your area, check them out. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a TR ./ AR car in stock for you to look at.
                              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X