Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8 Corvette's Front License Plate Mounting Options with Kirk Bennion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Corvette's Front License Plate Mounting Options with Kirk Bennion

Click image for larger version  Name:	090319_3b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.9 KB ID:	67229

Crossposted at CorvetteBlogger.com:

We spoke with Corvette Exterior Design Manager Kirk Bennion on the options for mounting a front license plate to the 2020 Corvette Stingray.

Included in your purchase of a new Corvette is a license plate frame that mounts on the front of the car. For states that have a minimum height requirement, it can be mounted on the very center of the car with the plate sticking up over the top of the C8’s pointed nose.

Click image for larger version  Name:	090319_2b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	67230

The ideal location for mounting is by putting it into the license plate holder that is integrated into the center grille. You can see the location in the photo above that is marked with the “CORVETTE’ script. By putting a slight bend in the middle of the plate, it will then fit within the recessed plate holder.

Unlike the C7’s mounting location, the plate doesn’t block any airflow as the C8s radiators are on the corners of the car so there is no need to remove it prior to participating in any track events.

Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

An Informative Video. For me, it created more questions than answers. I would like to see a short video on how you would mount the plate with two options. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you CorvetteBlogger and thank you Kirk Bennion for giving us a little more knowledge about front plate mounting .

Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Illinois requires them but I will never put one on mine. I have been driving Camaros the past 10 years with no front plate and have never been stopped.
        The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

Originally posted by TAdams65 View Post
          Illinois requires them but I will never put one on mine. I have been driving Camaros the past 10 years with no front plate and have never been stopped.
          Don't jinks it.🤐
          '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
          '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
          Several others including two C7's

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

So it sounds like that front cover is quite thin and when you pop it off (somehow, no screws visible) the recessed area will be shallow since you'll have to bend the plate slightly to fit it in there. Slightly awkward IMO but better than attaching a "forehead" hunk of plastic overlapping the nose the get plate up higher. Even if you're in one of those states that has a minimum height requirement, the odds of being cited for it are probably pretty low, but I can understand why GM has to officially offer that mounting option.

I hope the bolts holding the plate in place go into something reasonably solid. The plate is always removed for autocross runs so it gets uninstalled / reinstalled multiple times per year. Too bad the recess wasn't deeper so we could temporarily put the nice shiny cover back on and cover the plate while competing.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Really need to see a photo of just what the front end looks like with the plate instead of the nicely shaped insert. I suspect I'll be looking for another sto-n-sho so I can run without the plate 95% of the time, but stick it on quickly when needed.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Customer preferred option location...

cool ...if we do that do we still need to tell the forum dealer that we dont want any holes drilled in the vehicles nose...

no cop cares if its in the bucket...

cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TAdams65 View Post
                  Got away without displaying the required license plate on the front of my new 2014 C7 for less than a week before I got pulled over and issued a warning ticket. On the other hand, I've never displayed the required front license plate on my 2014 XTSvsport and have not been stopped.

I think the "noticeability" has much to do with it. IMO a C8 Corvette would be more noticeable than a Camaro. Good luck.
                  Last edited by Boomer; 09-03-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting Keith!

I have been wondering when someone was going to address this question, didn't know if I should spend the 15 bucks and add the factory plate to my order...Now I know I don't need it.

Thanks again Keith!
                    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Can the "dress plate" be removed, the license plate be mounted, and then the dress plate put back? Similar to the C5 front plate mounting.

Then we can just remove the dress plate for inspections.

Comment

Wow ....... Great presentation ................. However, I'm more concerned about where I'm gonna hang my genuine George Strait Signature, 10X, 100 % Beaver cowboy hat .......... Just say'n !
                        2022 1LT Coupe Hypersonic Gray Metallic Carbon Flash wheels Yellow calipers Yellow Seat Belts Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and BBQ ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                          AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting Keith!

I have been wondering when someone was going to address this question, didn't know if I should spend the 15 bucks and add the factory plate to my order...Now I know I don't need it.

Thanks again Keith!
                          The ordering guide say:

License plate bracket, front 1 - Will be forced on orders with ship-to states that require a front license plate.
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

The ordering guide say:

License plate bracket, front 1 - Will be forced on orders with ship-to states that require a front license plate.
                            Yes it is forced on these orders but there is not a charge for it.

Comment

I have already instructed them, under no circumstances are they to install it at the dealer, it stays in the trunk, and then it stays in the garage.
                              The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X