Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Advice from Those Who've Seen Several C8s in Person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice from Those Who've Seen Several C8s in Person

The configurator is nice and so are the photos online but I honestly don't think these tool give a true representation of how the cars look.

Personally, I'm partial towards the Ceramic Gray Matrix Metallic, Elkhart Blue, and, more recently, the Torch Red and Blade Silver. I live in Florida where it's very sunny, if this helps with the judgement call.

I was originally sold on the Ceramic Gray with red interior and red calipers but am starting to think it will look to plain in comparison to other colors (I owned a Arctic White C7 with red interior and chrome wheel/red calipers which I loved). I like the Elkhart Blue and heard good things about it and would likely want the Sky Gray interior but I'm afraid that this interior color won't hold up well to wear and tear over time. I'm not a red exterior kind of guy but I've seen more photos of the Torch Red and it's grown on me a lot. The last choice (but not least), the Blade Silver Metallic, was not even on my radar as had wrote it off as too tame. However, I've come across comments that it's one of the best colors and it's said it really 'pops' in the sunlight due to the sharp edges of the C8 body style. Living in Florida, this might be a really good choice.

Like I stated, I'd like to get input from people who've seen many of the colors in person, preferably on a sunny day. I know they've had some expositions with several colors on display. Both the NCM Bowling Green and Carlisle events come to mind.

Any first hand comments on which really stood out? As you can imagine, this is a big decision so I'm looking for some first hand accounts.

Im doing torch red and black interior..

i loved the ceramic grey exterior i saw on a sunny day in carlisle. The gentleman I met from michigan and I spent a lot of time looking at all the c8 s they brought in..,his final choice as a new corvette owner was a ceramic grey with red interior and the trident polished oem wheels.

that was far from plain...if thats your favorite combo then get it....it was this young 30 something new to corvettes end choice. Red calibers, red interior..he was going from one to the next in person to decide.,hope this helps

i loved the blade silver in person too....that was a sharp looking ride too.

the ones I did not see included the blue vehicles you mentioned. That I cant help you with.

Just fyi....if you want the million dollar car look the zeus bronze with 3LT dipped natural interior was stunning...hit of the carlisle show and I normally hate bronze....

if your deciding between ceramic grey id do the polished trident rims...and either red or blue or grey interior...a

winners...red interior and red calibers looked great in person...i would never say boring.

the silver was excellent..

of course the torch red is a winner but Im biased.

go to you tube and watch 615 speed...he just found 10 c8 s and documents a lot of the colors ...

https://youtu.be/momf41LSfDs

i fast forward his intros as they are a bit long .

there are many other you tube videos to watch as asking for opinions on colors etc can really be tough.

if you are asking for personal opinions of those who have seen the colors you are asking about..

color and color combos are such a personal thing..

ceramic grey in person with adrenaline red interior and seats was extremely popular and very attractive...not boring at all.

of course you did have a white c7 so if you decide to shake it up....I think all the choices are excellent.

i wouldnt do the yellow because who knows if its yellow or yellow green so thats a total crapshoot...

ceramic grey for sunny florida sounds like a winner and its a slightly different color than your white c7...

the shape of the car with the cab moved forward 16 inches makes it a totally different design ...

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Color choice is a personal decision and should be what you like. That being said, Torch Red is my choice, I had a C5 & C6 in TR, C7 is LRG, and C8 on order is TR.
      All are 2019 colors so you can see them in person. Do a inventory search of 2019s on the Chevrolet site and take a drive, worth the time.

Comment

Saw silver at NCM and it pops in the sunshine. Did not see ELB, but as I have seen many late 2019’s in that color, I know it does also. Torch Red you have seen. Saw Rapid Blue and it is a polarizing color, with lovers who want to marry it, and others not liking it at all; it is not a metallic.

Saw two black ones. One was immaculately clean and was gorgeous (tempted me again), but then saw a test car drive in that was pretty dirty and quickly moved on from black.

Both the Zeus Bronze and the Shadow Gray popped in the sun, but IMO not so when in low light, nor in my personal opinion even the back side of the car not getting direct sunlight. If interested in either, please see jagamajajaran’s Excellent recent video of both in the sunshine — but including a complete walk around of each.

However, all my post is irrelevant, for just as JustOneMore says, it is only important as to what you like.
        Last edited by John; 09-03-2019, 08:47 AM.
        GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

It really is all about personal taste. I really like metallic paints,, but think the C8 is fantastic in Torch Red. The silver also looks great in the sun. Haven't seen the C8 in ELB, but it's the same as on the C7, so you should be able to get an idea. Not generally a big fan of gray, but the shadow gray did catch my eye, with hints of blue and green depending on the light.

Like almost all metallics, none look as good on a cloudy day, but in FL that shouldn't be a problem.

I wasn't enamored of the C8 in white, but another forum member who was there loved that color.

Unless a new color I like better comes out in 2021, it'll be Torch Red for me.
          Last edited by meyerweb; 09-03-2019, 08:58 AM.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Well you asked for opinions so..........ELKHART LAKE BLUE ......it POPS if going for a 3LT then get a 2 tone blue interior I say jump in the deep end !!
            If 1 or 2LT then maybe natural or gray (I think it will wear just fine) BLUE CORVETTE’s RULE😍
            but in the best full disclosure statement: “I’m biased towards blue”my first Stingray was a blue 1966 . All Stingrays since have been blue.😋
            Click image for larger version  Name:	A5364345-598B-42ED-B7AB-842372B23785.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	400.5 KB ID:	67199Click image for larger version  Name:	26362965-14C3-4E0B-9302-AF65EB8D7839.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	67198
            It’s your choice and as you know you are never wrong when it comes to what you like or dislike.
            Last edited by V1 VR; 09-03-2019, 09:12 AM.
            2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
            1100 status 😊
            2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

As others have said, color choice is such a personal thing. I went to Carlisle specifically to see a Long Beach Red C8 and I loved it. I have always liked that color. However, when I saw the C8 in Ceramic Gray on display (pictures here) on a sunny day, with the Sterling Silver Trident Spoke wheels, I almost changed my plans. It was absolutely stunning. You should definitely consider all the color options, but I think your original selection is solid.

Comment

I really liked the ceramic gray car that was part of the display at Carlisle, it had red interior and the polished trident wheels. I'm probably sticking with red, but keep looking at the gray car ... maybe with the 2 tone blue ... too many choices

Comment

Since asked...my 2cents. My choices are:

#1 Zeus - the look of a high end euro grand touring car, w/o spoiler and with the 'must have' pewter wheels and body color vents. Elegant/gorgeous!

#2 Silver - for grey lovers, really nice w/grey machined face Trident wheels. Shadow Grey has too much blue/green metallic in it. Shark Grey was way better.

#3 Long Beach Red - for red lovers this is rich and beautiful. Would like Torch if it was a true red, like Ferrari for example without all of the orange.

Just my opinion. Good luck with your choice.

Comment

These three were my favorites at NCM (BG) event : Blade Silver/blue+grey int., Torch Red/natural int., and White/natural interior. The white/natural combo surprised me as to classy it appeared.

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures I took of ELB in the So Cal Sun. I loved the color when I saw it. It is much lighter color in person than on the visualizer, and is gorgeous. Metal-flake is notoriously hard to get an accurate photograph as it changes in the light. The ELB has a slight bit of purple in the mix-you see it when you are looking at an angle to the paint.
                      The black is the carbon flash accents. The carbon flash has a very little bit of blue metal-flake in the paint. You can see it if you get very close, otherwise it just sparkles. The carbon flash wheels have the same sparkle in the paint.
                      The interior is the sky cool gray. It looks like a light gray/off- white.
                      Hope the pictures help. Oh, I posted "large" pictures so you can see the colors up close.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0957 (1).JPG
Views:	223
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	67329Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0942.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	67330

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MReid View Post
                        Here are a couple of pictures I took of ELB in the So Cal Sun. I loved the color when I saw it. It is much lighter color in person than on the visualizer, and is gorgeous. Metal-flake is notoriously hard to get an accurate photograph as it changes in the light. The ELB has a slight bit of purple in the mix-you see it when you are looking at an angle to the paint.
                        The black is the carbon flash accents. The carbon flash has a very little bit of blue metal-flake in the paint. You can see it if you get very close, otherwise it just sparkles. The carbon flash wheels have the same sparkle in the paint.
                        The interior is the sky cool gray. It looks like a light gray/off- white.
                        Hope the pictures help. Oh, I posted "large" pictures so you can see the colors up close.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0957 (1).JPG
Views:	223
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	67329Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0942.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	67330

I went to the dealership today after work to look at current cars with some of the available colors on the C8. I probably liked the Elkhart Blue the best with the the Torch Red as a close second. The blue was really stunning. The Blade Silver was okay but wasn't wowed overall. They didn't have any cars on the lot with the ceramic grey so I'm disappointed not to see that color as I very curious about it. I loved the looks of my Arctic White C7 with the red interior and calipers but am curious about trying something similar but a little different.

Comment

That blue is certainly strikingly beautiful.
                          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by V1 VR View Post
                            Well you asked for opinions so..........ELKHART LAKE BLUE ......it POPS if going for a 3LT then get a 2 tone blue interior I say jump in the deep end !!
                            If 1 or 2LT then maybe natural or gray (I think it will wear just fine) BLUE CORVETTE’s RULE😍
                            but in the best full disclosure statement: “I’m biased towards blue”my first Stingray was a blue 1966 . All Stingrays since have been blue.😋
                            Click image for larger version Name:	A5364345-598B-42ED-B7AB-842372B23785.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	400.5 KB ID:	67199Click image for larger version Name:	26362965-14C3-4E0B-9302-AF65EB8D7839.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	67198
                            It’s your choice and as you know you are never wrong when it comes to what you like or dislike.
                            100% with you, I like blue to ......
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3429.PNG Views:	0 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	67502
                            A thought if I might ...

Comment

I did like the Matrix at BG, but wasn't wild about the red interior. Again, personal choice, but I think I would prefer it with 2LT GT 2 tone seats gray w/black center sections. It is an elegant color which needs the side scoops matched and no wing, but I think they all look better w/o the wing.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X