MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide REVISED 2/14: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Guess the 2020 c8 production number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess the 2020 c8 production number?

I could be off a few weeks etc but heres my guess.

does this sound reasonable? What prodcution number sounds about right to you?

Full production I believe is 11.3 per hour and two shifts (8 hours each.) should be multiplied by the number of days of production from january to the end of the august.

id guess 80 hours a week for 37 weeks..

900 a week fir 37 weeks should equal around 33,000 2020 c8 corvettes as an estimate.

unless of course they work saturday and sundays or run production through the month of september.
    under 25k units for 2020
    12.50%
    Under 30k units for 2020
    37.50%
    Under 35k units for 2020
    25.00%
    Under 40k units for 2020
    20.00%
    Under 45k units for 2020
    5.00%
    You are all wrong..its under 20k units for the 2020 model year
    0%
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Anybody think the bowling green plant will operate and produce on weekends too?

strike while the irons hot so to speak?

a double shift on weekends would deliver an extra 360 cars a week ...?

offering around 46k units for 2020 model year..

no way GM could prodice that many in 8 or 9 months of double shift. And weekend production...

the workers would collapse under such pressure I think..
    Last edited by JB; 09-02-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Good question. Tough, cause its a prediction. Need more info before I vote. Does the second production line mean more units can be built than in the past?

Comment

Do this more info help, that the end of the 2020 model year will occur around the end of August?

Once full rate once ramp up is completed, the scheduled production rate is 11.6 units/hour.
        Last edited by John; 09-02-2019, 08:36 PM.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Short year from a late start. End of production August 2020. 11.6 C8s per hour sounds fine with me. Take your time!

Still doesn't allow me to accurately estimate production amounts. Demand/Supply? Variables? Who knows? Bet GM has got much of it figured out.
          Last edited by Boomer; 09-02-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I heard their planned production for the 2020 C8 was 32,000. This includes second shift and overtime. GM did increase production staff by 400. I also read the C8 L2 engine production was max at 40,000.
            TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

hmm, to be honest, it seems to me that this is a very bad idea, because after I recently found out the engine number of my car, it soon stopped working. The fact is that I started having problems with the car and I called the car dealer. He asked I got the engine number and when I informed him then he hung up. The next day the engine went out of order. I started looking for people who have problems with the same engine and eventually came across an https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-655-meaning/. It turns out that this is an unlucky magic number and that it has a secret see with and also it does not bring happiness ...
              Last edited by goodspeed; 02-14-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                Anybody think the bowling green plant will operate and produce on weekends too?

strike while the irons hot so to speak?

a double shift on weekends would deliver an extra 360 cars a week ...?

offering around 46k units for 2020 model year..

no way GM could prodice that many in 8 or 9 months of double shift. And weekend production...

the workers would collapse under such pressure I think..
                In order for the plant to operate 2nd shift and weekends, the suppliers would need to keep up and meet quality standards. We already have 1 instance of this not happening

TPW 2-Mar now 9-Mar

Comment

The carbon fiber 4800 dollar option?

options may unfortunately run out but the basic items of the c8 should be in good supply..

how many corvette owners optimg for a near five grand carbon ground effects type package greatly exceeded projections...

thats 8 percent of the base price of the vehicle and i dont think anybody at corvette marketing wanted to go long on projections of such a pricey item.

i know myself even as a multi millionaire looked at the price of that option and was like not even a second would I drop that kind of coin on it...

turns out many corvette owners never consider price of what they want for their corvette and I totally respect that...id say corvette marketing was shocked because more corvette owners were thought to be more like me...

my focus is performance options and Im out...not that I cant afford it...its just how I purchase for myself...

for my son and my wife...its whatever they want or need...especially for my wife...but for me...its a way of life to prioritize my desires and act accordingly...

i think corvette marketing was caught surprised at how many c8 consumers treat themselves so good...

but dont worry..forum vendor ASC will meet carbon fiber packages needs at probably better quality and or better pricing soon enough...

i think the other vendors are chomping at the bit to produce enough parts to meet the corvette teams expectations and projections....

the strike surprised many of us yet i think the vendors with less risky items were producing good supply...

the demand on the five grand carbon ground effects package from the factory surprised many of us..

JMO

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X