Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8 Improved Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Improved Steering

This chart, Corvette team shown at the NCM 25th Anniversary, presents a markedly improved C8 steering system. Notice it is marked “confidential,” but no longer...

Click image for larger version  Name:	24BC05AA-4D1A-4A7D-8CBC-BD0EC9AF9E13.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	66935

Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I like the combination of no Ackerman effect and the two feet shorter turning turning radius.

Comment

Originally posted by MidEngine View Post
      I like the combination of no Ackerman effect and the two feet shorter turning turning radius.
      How did they do those? I didn't get it from John's slide but then didn't get Dynamic Rack Travel and EPS either.
      Save the wave.

Comment

Nice perspective on the new driving position too! I absolutely LOVE the feel of driving a ME car... for me personally, far more engaging and fun than sitting way behind the engine. You feel like you are leading the car rather than being pulled along.
        2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Carbon | Comp Seats
        2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
        2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
        2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

Originally posted by gthal View Post
          Nice perspective on the new driving position too! I absolutely LOVE the feel of driving a ME car... for me personally, far more engaging and fun than sitting way behind the engine. You feel like you are leading the car rather than being pulled along.
          Looking forward to this concept!
          2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Originally posted by MidEngine View Post
            Originally posted by 73shark View Post

How did they do those? I didn't get it from John's slide but then didn't get Dynamic Rack Travel and EPS either.
            So what I think.....

Tadge talked about the lack of "Ackerman effect." in one of the Q&A sessions. The impression I got was that the lack of the shudder or hop that people call the Ackerman effect has at least as much to do with the new tire construction / compound as anything else. In an earlier video or interview, Tadge remarked that the new chassis and suspension setup allowed them to run a less aggressive tread compound on the summer tires, eliminating the grab / skip / grab / skip issue the C7s have on the PSS tires in cooler weather.

And note that the slide says "as tight as 36 feet," not "36 feet." This is where the Dynamic Rack Travel comes in. What they're saying is that when the car is at a standstill (at curb), the steering system is smart enough to let you turn more sharply than when the car is in motion, because you don't have to worry about the suspension compressing during the turn and causing the tire to hit the inner fender. So I think that when the car is moving at higher speeds, the turning circle is wider than 36 feet. And if you don't get FE4, you don't get the Dynamic Rack Travel, and the turning circle is greater than 36 feet. How much greater? They don't say.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

When I was checking, I found one place that the C7 didn't compensate for the Ackerman effect so maybe that was what caused the shudder.

Guessing that EPS must be what contributes to the DRT maybe.
              Save the wave.

Comment

EPS = electric power steering. All C8s have that. Only the FE4 has DRT because DRT uses the suspension position sensors included in FE4.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

I hope that the EPS is an assist and not a complete replacement of a mechanical link to the steering.
                  Save the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by 73shark View Post
                    I hope that the EPS is an assist and not a complete replacement of a mechanical link to the steering.
                    It is, just like in the C7. There's still a mechanical connection to the rack and pinion system.

Comment

Only driven one mid-engine car (rented Murcielago in Miami in 2012, so I was not driving it very briskly. Thanks Miami traffic), so I don't have enough seat time to truly know the difference. I'm looking forward to getting some empirical evidence though

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
                        Only driven one mid-engine car (rented Murcielago in Miami in 2012, so I was not driving it very briskly. Thanks Miami traffic), so I don't have enough seat time to truly know the difference. I'm looking forward to getting some empirical evidence though
                        Imagine the days when you drove a go cart. Similar just bigger and faster.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X