Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

2020 Corvette Fuel Economy Clues Discovered During NCM Presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Corvette Fuel Economy Clues Discovered During NCM Presentation

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...-presentation/

[VIDEO] 2020 Corvette Stingray Fuel Economy Clues Discovered During NCM Presentation

With 495 Horses under the hood…or I guess I should say “under the rear hatch” now…fuel economy questions have been asked across a broad array of social media platforms with no real answers until now.

Some would argue that fuel economy is irrelative when driving a Corvette, saying that if you’re impressed with your Corvette’s fuel economy numbers then you’re not having enough fun! However, since I’m a middle of the road guy and prefer fewer fuel stops on longer road trips, I am definitely interested in where the actual fuel economy ratings will land.

While the official fuel economy ratings for the 2020 Corvette Stingray have yet to be announced, a few clues were provided during Harlan Charles’ presentation on the 2020 Stingray’s interior electronic components at the National Corvette Museum’s 25th Anniversary Celebration.

The first clue comes from a screenshot of the Driver Information Center on a 2020 Stingray that ironically also had 2020 miles on the odometer. Under “Current Driver Cycle” we find:
    • Distance: 120.0 mi
    • Fuel Economy: 25 mpg
    • Time: 2h 45min

Driving 120 miles over 2 hours and 45 minutes equates to an average speed of 43.63 mph. I drive my daily driver approximately 50,000 miles per year and reset my average speed at every fill-up. A mid-40s speed average usually results from a fairly even combination of highway and city driving. In this particular case, the driver of this 2020 Stingray averaged 25 mpg, which is quite impressive.

A second clue is found in a screenshot on a 2020 Corvette showing 1826 miles on the odometer that provides the following under “Trip 1.”
    • Distance: 354.3 mi
    • Speed: 34.2 mph
    • Fuel Economy: 18.1 mpg

Based on my experience, an average speed of 34.2 is the result of primarily city driving. With an 18.1 average fuel economy, I’m guessing that the driver of this particular 2020 Stingray enjoys having a little fun from time to time.

We discovered a final clue in a screenshot from the same 1826 mile Corvette that shows the heading “Fuel Economy.” Under that heading we see:
    • Last 50 mi Average: 13.7 mpg
    • Best: 28.7 mpg

So, either the driver was stuck in traffic or was having a pretty good time! With a 50 mi Average “Best” of 28.7 mpg during 1826 miles of driving, I wouldn’t be surprised if we eventually see some with “Best” averages above the 30 mpg mark.

We’re not going to try to guess what the final EPA fuel economy ratings are, but we’d love to hear your best guesses. Feel free to share your “City” and “Highway” guesses below. And here is Harlan’s presentation on the Driver Information Center, Infotainment System, Performance Data Recorder, and Bose Sound System in its entirety for those interested in watching it as well.

Around town, I would expect dismal results, but, at highway speeds, with cylinder deactivation, tall top gears, a slippery shape, and no show-boating, over 25 mpg could be quite possible.
    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

It's looking like it won't be very close to the C7's impressive MPG?
      '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
      Several others including two C7's

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

During one of the Q&A sessions, Tadge said the tank capacity is about the same as on the C7 (specifically, 18.5 gallons) and gas mileage was about the same as the C7. I'm not sure we can read too much into those images without knowing anything about how the car was driven. Lots of full throttle launches? Cruising on the highway in 4th gear as part of some test protocol? We just don't have enough data to reach any conclusions.

FWIW, coming back from BG in my C7 w/ 7MT, 686 miles at an avg. speed of 70 mph, and 29 mpg.

Click image for larger version  Name:	trip home from BG.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	66915

Over 7 days of the caravan and trip home:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Caravan mileage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.47 MB ID:	66916

Not too shabby for a high performance sports car.

My best 50, btw, is 36.2 mpg. But there was a lot of downhill during those 50 miles.
        Last edited by meyerweb; 09-02-2019, 03:10 PM.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I’ll bet the mileage is no worse than C7. Our Z06 got 26.4 on our 405 mile trip to the Museum and some of that was on 2 lane with some speed up slow down and a couple of enthusiastic passes.
          There is a madness to my method!
          C8 on order Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
          2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
          2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

Comment

I calculate my mpg for every fill-up and have found that across over six vehicles of several brands (Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Nissan) that the computer runs about 0.3-0.6 mpg high. Not sure why unless intentional.
            Save the wave.

Comment

I got 29 mpg in my C7 Z51 coming home from the NCM to St. Louis. Average speed was 82 mph. I considered that to be phenomenal. The C8 should have fewer drivetrain losses and lower drag so I am expecting over 30 mpg on the highway.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X