Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

The final word on whether to z51 or not from Tadge Juechter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lance's tops View Post

I belive you can only get the lift with the 2lt, you need navagation to add the lift.
    You can get Nav on the 1LT, but sadly not the lift.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Starscream View Post

Wrong package?
      Wow! It’s called humor! Look it up in your Webster’s dictionary since the library might not have internet access today.
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On order from Kerbeck
      C8 Spec: Torch Red, 2LT, Z51,FE4,E60,CF7,FA5,AH2,HUL,TUL,Q8P,SC7,ERI,R8C

Comment

• I put a quarter of a million miles on my 3 corvettes without the lift.

my buddy who owns mclaren 570 was ragging on me that I was buying a 1LT z51 fe4 and it was a bare bones car...i told him lets race when I get the car and I then asked him how does he like his HUD on his mclaren ...(he soesnt have HUD)

that was the end of that discussion...

he lives in f ck in shack....toiling at his job while I train at the health club everyday..

whose got the better life?
        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

• Originally posted by vettekat View Post

Actually, the MRC (FE4) in TOUR mode is designed to have a slightly softer ride than the base suspension of a non-MRC car. I read this somewhere in Chevy literature or possibly it was mentioned on the night of the reveal of the C8. Not sure where I learned this but it stuck with me. So, if you are looking for the most comfortable (soft) ride in a C8, you go with the Z51 and MRC option. Again, your pocketbook could dictate how comfortable your ride needs to be.
          Good to know, I stand corrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post

dev23007, While an old, old video, made in the C5 days, this Chevrolet video demonstrates to me conclusively that mag ride is a very useful improvement in handling — better handling that is not only used on smooth tracks, but the mess of rough roads many of us drive on daily. This is the first generation of GM’s mag ride shown in the video.

How good is GM’s mag ride? The previous gen three GM mag ride was purchased by both Aston Martin and Ferrari for years, and installed in every one of their street cars. True that to say money, Ferrari developed their own three years ago, but Aston Martin and others still use in their sports cars.

All that previous paragraph was the third gen mag ride, and as we have seen, GM has improved it and the C8 now has the 4th generation mag ride.

The cons of earlier mag ride was that there was some shock leakage (but I never had it, nor did most every other C67/C7 user and replacing those shocks out of warranty was expensive. However, in talking with a key C8 suspension engineer, he noted that they were aware of those sporadic leakage issues and re-designed/improved the C8’s mag ride shocks.

My ordered C8 has been ordered containing the FE4 Z51 with mag ride suspension. I will not be tracking my car. But I do drive on poor roads more than some of the time, and I love spirited country curvy corner driving.
            I remember another video demonstrating the same thing that was even more dramatic. Thanks.
            There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
            79 coupe Silver/oyster
            All one owner
            Museum lifetime members

Comment

• Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
              I remember another video demonstrating the same thing that was even more dramatic. Thanks.
              Thanks for posting Plasboy! That was my point, I think you should get what you can afford but this is a game changer in its 4th generation. for safety and just overall ride feel. Its way better than this video in real life seat time.
              Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On order from Kerbeck

Comment

• Originally posted by Richrat View Post

Wow! It’s called humor! Look it up in your Webster’s dictionary since the library might not have internet access today.
                Saying something confusing to the topic and then calling it humor doesn't make it funny. Sorry but if it was meant to be some kind of joke, look up the word fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                  They say that patience is a virtue........

But I don’t have much time......😎

Patience is a virtue for people that have time. 🍾🥂

Comment

• Originally posted by Starscream View Post

Saying something confusing to the topic and then calling it humor doesn't make it funny. Sorry but if it was meant to be some kind of joke, look up the word fail.
                    We do not treat people in this forum like this, please stop you are crossing over a line! Go to the other forum if you want to be an A__!

Comment

• Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
                      I very much appreciate everyone's passion on their decision to order or not order the Z51 and mag ride. One thing I would add to think about is what our aftermarket performance folks will offer next year to make your C8 Stingray run even faster. Adding more HP without the safety of the Z51 features might be a regrettable decision.
                      That along with not being able to order MSRC (FE4) ala cart makes a huge difference. As I told one friend when he asked, "Once you've driven a Corvette with 'Mag Ride,' you'll never go back !"
                      Ordered from Mike Furman @Criswell: 2020 C8 1LT, Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic, GT1 Adrenaline Red Seats. Splash Guards. Corvette Museum Life Member

Comment

• Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
                        I very much appreciate everyone's passion on their decision to order or not order the Z51 and mag ride. One thing I would add to think about is what our aftermarket performance folks will offer next year to make your C8 Stingray run even faster. Adding more HP without the safety of the Z51 features might be a regrettable decision.
                        For me, 495 HP and 3 second 0-60 time is plenty of performance. No warranty breaking engine mods for me.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

• Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

For me, 495 HP and 3 second 0-60 time is plenty of performance. No warranty breaking engine mods for me.
                          Yup ! I ah gree
                          Ordered from Mike Furman @Criswell: 2020 C8 1LT, Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic, GT1 Adrenaline Red Seats. Splash Guards. Corvette Museum Life Member

Comment

• Consider the costs later on IF wanting what the Z51 option has

1. electronic rear end ( much better control of torque to either rear wheel)
                            2. extra engine cooling, that alone is really needed for a mid engine design
                            3. front splitter
                            4. higher spring rates for coil-overs, designed in with suspension calibration
                            5. rear spoiler, etc
                            6. better rated tires
                            7. positive having the Z51 for later re-sale of C8

Cost out just the parts, then the labor costs, full 4 corner alignment, downtime for the installs, if quality work was done, harms C8 warranty

$5,000 now with GM and full warranty

or pay out the nose later ?
                            Corvettes owned and raced since 1975:
                            1974,75,77,84,87,89,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

Comment

• I am a hot head so I need all the extra cooling I can get...

z51 fe4 for me...

i like both myself and my corvette to stay cool..

(kidding of course and everybody should decide for themselves what they want)

as far as residual...selling a z51 fe4 car is easy as the young men who dream of owning a corvette often times dream of javing z51 fe4 with PTM etc...etc..

best advice is buy the corvette for yourself and dont worry about residual....most option depreciate 100 percent if that matters

z51 fe4 with otm does hold a special place in the secondary market when houng gearheads are shopping preowned...

i dont know by how much (maybe the same as the vehicle give or take a few points)

there are preowned buyers specifically looking for z51 fe4 PTM...

i know I want to play with it ...and enjoy the variances it offers..

like I suggested at the beginning of this thread...take some time...and decide what you think hou would like...

maybe we will get at least one review from an automotive journalist with a long standing reputation to add to your insight list...

with previous generations...the automotive press was saying definitely buy the z51 and then the grand sport as the best balanced corvette...etc etc...

i didnt pay too much attention to tadge during the c7 review yet when launched the automotive oress was gushing over z51...with mrc...

i plan on following those automotive journalist c7 z51 fe4 recommendations even after hearing The quote of Tadge Juncter from another corvette enthusiast...

hopefully vefore the order goes to a point where your order can not be changed we have a driving impression and or a track review of what to better expect..

given how corvettes have evolved worst case scenerio is the standard c8 will perform as good or better than a c7 z51 which was mighty fine...

no matter what though...im ordering z51 fe4 because like I stated at the beginning of this post..

i need to stay cool on 100 defree days as does my corvette when Im romping on it

i said it from the very beginning...i like heavy duty hardware ...

fun controversy ....fun discussion...and at the end of the day we all get to make as an informed decision as possible at the time.

this first year purchasing without a test drive or a review by an independent source such as car and driver or motor trend...is not as easy as it looks...
                              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
                                The devil made me do it .....
                                LOL Too funny!!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X