Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Corvette Name Plate on Engine Cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette Name Plate on Engine Cover?

Does anybody know if are we able to choose between the "Solid Silver Corvette Metal Name Plate" vs the "Black Corvette Metal Name Plate" on the engine cover???

Click image for larger version  Name:	082719_10b.jpg Views:	22 Size:	78.0 KB ID:	66429
    Click image for larger version  Name:	082719_11b.jpg Views:	16 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	66430
    Last edited by jwstegbauer; 09-03-2019, 04:42 PM.
    GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

The silver engine cover's an optional (extra cost) item. I believe it's also a delayed item, and not available for the 1st round of orders.

If you're talking about just swapping the metal nameplates, I think you'll need to do that yourself.

Last edited by Mobius; 09-01-2019, 11:05 AM.
    My C8:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

If you're talking about just swapping the metal nameplates, I think you'll need to do that yourself.
      Just talking about the actual metal nameplates....not the covers

Click image for larger version

Name:	082719_10b.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	66445Click image for larger version

Name:	082719_11b.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	66446

Last edited by jwstegbauer; 09-01-2019, 11:37 AM.
      GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

While we are on the subject I am going to powder coat my wheels on mt 3lt bronz C8.I wa thinking about the engine cover also.I need some opinions from people who have seen the cover on if they think it can be done Cheers Jim

Comment

Mobius, what with the cover being a molded piece, wouldn't the Corvette script a part of the cover hence not removable ?
          Last edited by MikeyTX; 09-01-2019, 11:50 AM. Reason: spelling
          2022 1LT Coupe Hypersonic Gray Metallic Carbon Flash wheels Yellow calipers Yellow Seat Belts Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and BBQ ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

The plate with the Corvette logo on it, whether silver or black, is a separate piece from the engine cover itself, but doesn't seem to be available as a separate option. The standard black engine cover and the optional red one come with silver nameplates, based on what was displayed at Carlisle and NCM. Based on the photo above, it appears the silver cover comes with a black / silver nameplate.

At the moment, it looks like the only way to get the black plate is to order the silver cover. Possibly the nameplates will someday be available from the parts department.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Meyer, isn't the emblem "pinned" in place by alignment holes ? I sure as heck wouldn't want holes in the cover ............
              2022 1LT Coupe Hypersonic Gray Metallic Carbon Flash wheels Yellow calipers Yellow Seat Belts Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and BBQ ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                The plate with the Corvette logo on it, whether silver or black, is a separate piece from the engine cover itself, but doesn't seem to be available as a separate option. The standard black engine cover and the optional red one come with silver nameplates, based on what was displayed at Carlisle and NCM. Based on the photo above, it appears the silver cover comes with a black / silver nameplate.

At the moment, it looks like the only way to get the black plate is to order the silver cover. Possibly the nameplates will someday be available from the parts department.
                The Accessory Guide on page 9 shows a Red Cover with Black nameplate.... Let the confusion continue.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 Corvette Accessories_Page_09.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	66533

Comment

Gotta love that color w/ Shadow Gray .............Whoo Hoo ............. Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	66539

Comment

Originally posted by jwstegbauer View Post

The Accessory Guide on page 9 shows a Red Cover with Black nameplate.... Let the confusion continue.....
                    Interesting. The red covers on the cars on display definitely had the silver colored plate. But they are pre-production, so that could change. OTOH, the accessory guide has a disclaimer about specifications may change. So I guess we won't know until the red cover is actually available.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
                      Mobius, what with the cover being a molded piece, wouldn't the Corvette script a part of the cover hence not removable ?
                      To me, it looks like the cover is made from molded high-temp plastic, while the Corvette scripts are separate parts.

The question is, how are the scripts attached?

If a simple high-temp adhesive is used for attachment, it may be difficult to remove the scripts without damage (i.e., bending).
                      Last edited by Mobius; 09-01-2019, 04:21 PM.
                      My C8:
                      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

One of the engine techs at NCM said the scripts are glued on, but can be popped off, but I agree care would have to be taken. As far as powder coating them, since they are a form of plastic, and powder coating involves baking in an oven, I don't think it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

To me, it looks like the cover is made from molded high-temp plastic, while the Corvette scripts are separate parts.

The question is, how are the scripts attached?

If a simple high-temp adhesive is used for attachment, it may be difficult to remove the scripts without damage (i.e., bending).
                          Maybe ............ Otoh, as I mentioned, there may be guide pin holes we can't see because of the interior insulation. Either way would create issues imho.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
                            One of the engine techs at NCM said the scripts are glued on, but can be popped off, but I agree care would have to be taken. As far as powder coating them, since they are a form of plastic, and powder coating involves baking in an oven, I don't think it can be done.
                            I have this mental image of someone trying to glue a molton glob of plastic back on the cover ..............
                            Last edited by MikeyTX; 09-01-2019, 04:55 PM. Reason: Google's AI spell checker strikes again ........... lol

Comment

While at Carlisle I went to the cut a way engine to see if I could feel push pins retaining the metal plate with the Corvette Script on it..... did NOT feel any pins, thinking that it is glued on.

My plans are to remove the entire engine cover with 5 bolts ( I believe) that looked to be easily accessible and then paint ( fill in) the lettering on the top with Torch Red paint. Don't want to risk trying to pry off the plate and creasing it or bending it in any way.
                              3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: Steering wheel, mirrors, High Wing, Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X