Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Front Grille - Love it, Hate it...or Indifferent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Grille - Love it, Hate it...or Indifferent?

One of my biggest dislikes about the C8, besides the flatness of the front hood/fenders, is the middle of the front grille. I desperately want to not mind it, but deep down inside I don’t like it at all. I’m waiting for my first sight of someone with the license plate cap removed and a plate in there, then I’ll probably want to puke.

I haven’t seen a C8 in person unfortunately. I was away on vacation for Corvettes at Carlisle, and drove right by the show at Kerbeck in AC NJ not realizing they had the C8 there (really mad about it) so I guess I’m waiting for the scheduled showing in Mt. Joy PA sometime in Jan or SEMA.

Anyway, does anyone have a similar opinion? Maybe someone who’s seen it in person can help ease my anxiety....

Hope everyone enjoys the Labor Day weekend!

Attached Files
    Love it?
    30.43%
    Hate it?
    0%
    Indifferent?
    69.57%

Does it look as bad(plastic) in person as in photos?
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

It's all subjective, but I shared your view before seeing the car. After spending a couple of hours around the car I became less concerned, as the whole package is so great that I'm just not worrying about that panel. Also, I felt it did look a bit better in person, and I'm thinking it could even look OK with a license plate in place...unlike the C7 which I felt really was a problem with a front plate.
      '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
      Several others including two C7's

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

Saw the C8 in Phoenix. Hate to tell you this....Looks the same as the pictures. The back is also the same in person. For me the only thing that looks different seeing in person is the full depth of the colors. The car is going to be a great performer! Style and looks? I'll let you be the judge. I like to keep my Corvette detailed even though I drive it every day. And the rear end on the C7 only takes me about 2 minutes. I'll tell you this. It's going to require a lot more time on the C8.

Comment

It's not the shape, but the shiny black, plasticky-look that bother's me a bit. Prefer a semi-gloss. Same with the rear grilles.
          C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
            It's not the shape, but the shiny black, plasticky-look that bother's me a bit. Prefer a semi-gloss. Same with the rear grilles.
            Agreed...I'm thinking I'll probably wrap it in a satin finish with 3M's wonderful body wrap material. Used it to cover all the plastic chrome on my Jeep G.C. Summit and people just assume it's OEM factory finish. Problem solved.
            '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
            '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
            Several others including two C7's

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

The grill is beautiful!

Comment

I'll bet someone come up with something to break up the black front. For me IT's the whole car that I like. Sure everyone has something they would liked tweaked. Remember the saying "Any color you want as long as it's black"
                frankb

Comment

Originally posted by frankb View Post
                  I'll bet someone come up with something to break up the black front. For me IT's the whole car that I like. Sure everyone has something they would liked tweaked. Remember the saying "Any color you want as long as it's black"
                  Agreed. Some make no changes. Some make a lot. Not much to dislike about this car. But, some of us will still find little mods to change it to our liking. That’s why there is an aftermarket!
                  Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Used it to cover all the plastic chrome on my Jeep G.C.
                    Ah, ha! A possible solution to the chrome interior trim bits on my Jeep G.C. that blind me in the sun. Just dull 'em up.
                    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

It doesn't bother me and think it might look a little better once I mount my plate STOLN

Comment

Are the grill pieces plain black? How about the center air dam? Was thinking some of that was painted with the carbon flash metallic.....
                        2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

Originally posted by frankb View Post
                          I'll bet someone come up with something to break up the black front.
                          That's the one part of the Body Color Trim package I really like, making the trim over the front radiator intakes body color instead of carbon black. Helps to break up the massive sea of blackness at the front of the car.

I will probably not be getting that package but I will have the dealer pop off those two trim pieces and paint them body color.

Comment

Originally posted by 68roadster View Post
                            Are the grill pieces plain black? How about the center air dam? Was thinking some of that was painted with the carbon flash metallic.....
                            They are all a glossy carbon flash metallic black.
                            Z07 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available including the wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                              Helps to break up the massive sea of blackness at the front of the car.
                              With my bright Blade Silver Metallic, I can more than make up for that blackness.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X