Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Tint Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's interesting that NJ is zero, but I see a ton of cars with tint. I relocated from MS 5 yrs. ago and have max tint allowed there have not had a problem. So that"s what's going on mine when I get her.

Comment

I've never had tint on front w/shield. But living in Az. now... It would be VERY light though.
      C8er

Comment

Tinting the windshield should only help with any leather shrinkage issues with 3LT interiors. I'm not sure where I will end up when it comes to tint.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
          Tinting the windshield should only help with any leather shrinkage issues with 3LT interiors. I'm not sure where I will end up when it comes to tint.
          According to DOT laws you can have window tint on your front windshield. Currently the only film you can use to meet federal laws for the front windshield is Crystalline 90%. All newer cars have a very light tint to the windshield, usually
          77% to 80%
          . If you put anything darker than 90% you will not meet federal laws.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

15% ceramic on the sides
            Attached Files

Comment

I have the side and rear (inside) windows tinted, no tint over the engine cover. With the rear view camera, there's no issue whatsoever with rear vision. With the standard mirror setting, it's fine during the day, I haven't switched it over at night. I went fairly dark, 20% I believe, as it's hot here in Vegas in the summertime.

Click image for larger version  Name:	mrroficial.jpg Views:	0 Size:	682.7 KB ID:	142245
              Click image for larger version  Name:	c8engine1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	436.9 KB ID:	142246
              Last edited by Vegas Sam; 04-27-2020, 09:26 PM.
              Too many Vettes to count....

Comment

I’m picking up my car with 35% Suntek ceramic tint on the side windows and the inside rear. No windshield / no rear window over engine. 25% is the max here in TX but I’ve always found 35% to be the sweet spot for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MidLife View Post
                  For you guys worried about dark tint, there is a ceramic tint that comes in clear and darker shades. It blocks UV rays and heat from sun. We have it on front window (clear) and darker on all other windows on our very Camaro. You can't tell front window has the tint by looking at it 😎
                  For everyone wanting the benefits of tinted windows without the privacy aspect, our Clear Tint is called CoolSight. It's a ceramic tint that provides the comforting, sun shielding benefits of tint, without changing the appearance of auto glass. Feel free to let us know if anyone has any questions.

https://www.suntekfilms.com/automoti...tive-coolsight

Comment

Originally posted by LSECO View Post
                    I've never had tint on front w/shield. But living in Az. now... It would be VERY light though.
                    This could be a great solution. It's our clear tint that and still provides the benefits of keeping the interior cooler and helping to block UV, which over time will cause interior fade. Let me know if you have any questions. I would be glad to help.

https://www.suntekfilms.com/automoti...tive-coolsight

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas Sam View Post
                      I have the side and rear (inside) windows tinted, no tint over the engine cover. With the rear view camera, there's no issue whatsoever with rear vision. With the standard mirror setting, it's fine during the day, I haven't switched it over at night. I went fairly dark, 20% I believe, as it's hot here in Vegas in the summertime.

Click image for larger version Name:	mrroficial.jpg Views:	0 Size:	682.7 KB ID:	142245
                      Click image for larger version Name:	c8engine1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	436.9 KB ID:	142246
                      Looking good!!! Love the dark tint with the already blacked out C8!

Comment

Originally posted by shawnguess View Post
                        15% ceramic on the sides
                        Tint looks good :-) Do you think 15 % was a good choice or too dark for the side windows?
                        Thanks!
                        2021 Torch Red HTC with Carbon Flash Top, Nacelles, mirror & spoiler. 3LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Red/Black... Z51 ... Standard wheels, Mag Ride and Front Lift :-)
                        STEK DYNOshield PPF, Llumar CTX 80% windshield 35% windows.
                        NCM Delivered Jan 21 10am.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOnEarth View Post

Tint looks good :-) Do you think 15 % was a good choice or too dark for the side windows?
                          Thanks!
                          15 is perfect for me. I've actually done 15 on every car I've had in the past 20 years.

Comment

Anyone with Llumar CTX experience? I guess it's the new Formula One or they are similar.

I was thinking of going 50% windshield, 35% doors & rear glass. Never bought window tint before but I like the idea with 3LT :-)

2021 Torch Red HTC with Carbon Flash Top, Nacelles, mirror & spoiler. 3LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Red/Black... Z51 ... Standard wheels, Mag Ride and Front Lift :-)
                            STEK DYNOshield PPF, Llumar CTX 80% windshield 35% windows.
                            NCM Delivered Jan 21 10am.

Comment

Just had mine done last Saturday, went with 70% on front and 35% on sides and rear. All ceramic. It's just right for us, dark, but not too dark.
                              Last edited by MidLife; 02-03-2021, 09:34 PM.
                              2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
                              Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOnEarth View Post
                                Anyone with Llumar CTX experience? I guess it's the new Formula One or they are similar.

I was thinking of going 50% windshield, 35% doors & rear glass. Never bought window tint before but I like the idea with 3LT :-)
                                I believe FormulaOne is the premium brand in the Llumar lineup. It’s great tint and I’ve used it on every car for the past 20 years. The ceramic tint work really well at reducing heat and it won’t fade, peel or bubble. There’s a clear ceramic tint for the windshield too.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X