Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Tint Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tint Talk

I usually try not to make a spectacle of myself, although getting a new Vette won't help that effort. But, I am bothered by the phrase 'light tint' regarding the glass. I wish there were a darker option for the side windows. Does anyone else contemplate getting darker tinting?
    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Most of us tint the windows at the same time we install Xpel. Tint laws vary quite a bit from state to state, so what is acceptably dark in Arizona is a cant-pass-inspection here in North Carolina.
    Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Yes, we always get window tinting in all of our cars. As CaryBob says above, states vary. Don't know how dark you want it, but it's easy to find out at your local dealers. It is important to have an experienced installer for tinting, although the C8 should be pretty simple for just the side windows. Xpel on the other hand, while we always do some of that, it is CRITICAL how good the installer is.
      '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
      '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
      '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
      '14 Black Z51 Coupe
      '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
      '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Any thoughts on tinting the back window? With the video 'rear view mirror,' it won't matter so much.
        C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
          Any thoughts on tinting the back window? With the video 'rear view mirror,' it won't matter so much.
          Wouldn't want to obscure the exterior view of the LT2.

Comment

I plan on getting mine tinted but not too dark. I figure I want people who are gawking at my C8 to be able to see the interior.

Comment

Side windows, no tint. Rear will get street legal light tint.
              2022 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Spectra Gray Wheels Blue Stripes Current drive: '20 GT350 Heritage Edition Pkg. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

I will tint the side windows and the small window between the cabin and engine bay as dark as legally possible in Florida, and leave windshield and rear glass untouched

Comment

Thought the small quarter windows were already dark from the factory. At least that's the way they show on the visualizer.
                  2022 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Spectra Gray Wheels Blue Stripes Current drive: '20 GT350 Heritage Edition Pkg. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

If you look at interior pics of the car, you’ll see that the small quarter “windows” aren’t actually windows at all. It’s just glass on the outside of the car to help the shape of the windows flow better. So they are made VERY dark to try and hide this fact. No need to tint those at all. I’m afraid I will need to tint my side windows a lot to try and get as close to the quarter windows as much as I can, or else the difference between the two might bug me a little.

My question now is do I want to tint the rear glass or not. I like the idea of not tinting it and showing off my engine. But would it look weird not having that tinted but tinting the side windows??

I guess I’ll have to see the car first.

Comment

Thank you. I suspected as much.

Comment

Absolutely tinting them. First off it makes a huge difference for comfort in Florida to not have the sun beating in through non tinted windows, but second it just looks much sleeker and not like a lease or rental.

As far as the rear window, there’s a small window that’s actually the rear window that I will tint, but the glass showing the engine I won’t tint.

Comment

Never tint. Makes the jersey cops too nervous.

Comment

I dont think ill be tinting only because i dont need any more reason to be pulled over. Nyc has some of the worst tint laws.

Comment

No tint for me. I drive thru all those areas. Jersey Pike, 287, 87 North. Speeds are high!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X