#1 Favorite C8 Attribute According To The Top C8 Corvette Team Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Favorite C8 Attribute According To The Top C8 Corvette Team Members

Playing cub reporter, I have been going up to the top members of the Corvette team, asking them one consistent question:

Click image for larger version

Name:	5C70DD5D-1E55-438A-BB78-E2E63A0BBE29.jpeg
Views:	2778
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	65789

“Of all of the C8’s components and capabilities, what is your personal favoritething, the one aspect that emotionally most speaks to you?”

First I found Harlan. We talked about the car for a while, how excited folks were here at NCM 25th walking around the C8’s, sitting in them here and at Carlisle last week, and then I asked him “the” question.

[Quote=Harlan]Driving it!”Quote]

Then found Tadge, discussing some aspects of the C8, colors he especially likes, and similar. “So Tadge, what is your favorite thing about the C8?”

[Quote=Tadge]Driving it!”Quote]

This morning I found Kirk coming literally climbing out of his Long Beach Red C8. We talked about several things, and most importantly, those of us who remember during the 1.13.13 reveal itself, his being video interviewed by Keith Cornett (“CorvetteBlogger”) and Kirk showing him and us (one of the most C7’s viewed videos), on how to attach a front license plate. Fast forward to today, with 30 of us state residents being required to run a front plate, and discussed with him our C8 community needing him and Keith to again repeat that epic C7 front plate video. Thankfully, that video It is coming really soon today thanks to both of them. Stay tuned.

And then I asked him that same question of “what do you most like about the C8?”

[Quote=Kirk]Driving it!”Quote]

In the last half hour, I was talked to the Corvette Program Manager, Kelly Bellore. She was racing to help someone in need, but she stopped to respond to that same question about her favorite C8 part (and she is a long term professional GM engineer), and her response was:

[Quote=Kelly]Driving it!”Quote]

Coming up next is another C8 Stingray presentation by Tadge, Harlan and Kirk, and I will be sharing the above, and asking them to provide us some more detail as to what it is about driving the C8 that they could elaboration on. Thanks for staying tuned to that too.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Not surprised......that’s what I like most about my C7!
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

The performance of the c8 is my favorite attribute of the c8..

looking forward to hearing the corvette teams answers.

thanks John

Comment

Thanks John!

I'm imagining my first drive in my C8 with all its tech and aids to be the most exciting car I have ever driven/owned. I think the grin will take days or weeks to come off my face!
        Last edited by Richrat; 08-30-2019, 02:34 PM.
        Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Fast forward to today, with 30 of us state residents being required to run a front plate, and discussed with him our C8 community needing him and Keith to again repeat that epic C7 front plate video. Thankfully, that video It is coming really soon today thanks to both of them. [/I]
          Hopefully there is an "Aero" type mounting like the C7 has which involves no drilling and is much less conspicuous than the regular C7 mounting bracket otherwise known as the "big ugly".

Got a warning in less than a week driving my 2014 C7 without a front tag. The car is too noticeable to get away with not displaying a front tag when required.

Comment

The front plate has two ways to be mounted. I believe Ive seen the front plate recessed and it wasnt bad..

Comment

A drivers car....If they don't say driving it, then we will ignore all their other opinions
              2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                Thanks John!

I'm imagining my first drive in my C8 with all its tech and aids to be the most exciting car I have ever driven/owned. I think the grin will take days or weeks to come off my face!
                Nope...months

Comment

Later today talked with Josh Holder, Engineering Launch Manager, and asked him his favorite C8 attribute/component.

Josh, like all above replied, driving the car!
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John you and I have spoke many times over the years and you know I have owned many Mid Engine cars. The one thing that is so hard for me to explain is how much more connected I felt to my ME cars over any FE that I have ever owned.

ME: I think being pushed forward in the cabin with the engine behind you, the steering is more sensitive because the steering shaft is shorter it’s like your part of the entire machine. I think Tadge said the center of gravity is at the hip and I feel this is another reason you get this experience. In addition you have better forward visibility and your turn in is so much more precise. I have never felt that same feeling in my C7 Z51/Z06 or other brands of FE”s even exotics that I have owned. I would love a thread once cars start getting into our hands, to have new C8 owners thoughts on how this new design compares to the previous FE.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	A46D26EC-978C-4308-891D-682AF35CCFA2.png
Views:	242
Size:	434.2 KB
ID:	66351

We are all in for a treat, I can’t wait to place my order on the September 12th.
                    Last edited by Fasttoys; 09-01-2019, 05:06 AM.

Comment

From what I've heard and read about the C8, it sounds like once you get into it, the driver becomes one with the car. It doesn't get any better than that.
                      Save the wave.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X