Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Could GM Misdirected Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could GM Misdirected Us

Been looking at the C8R photos and the the renderings posted. Could GM have misdirected us or did we assume one thing when it might be something else. When looking at the C8R, I noticed that the support structures on each side of the center grill are upside down as compared to the renderings. Is it possible that the front facia photo that was leaked is actually hanging upside down on the stand and we are actually looking at the bottom of the facia. Thoughts?

astute observation!

Comment

Here’s why I do not think GM misdirected us. But first, the above it is a very intriguing idea. I gave it a lot of thought, but for the following reasons do not think it is correct.

Initially, on the leftmost picture, what we are looking at is a C8.R, and it could easily have a different grill that what we will see on the customer-purchasable C8’s.

And then, for the following reasons, I think the fascia as oriented below is the correct orientation.

1) GM did not know that picture was taken, until it surfaced after it left the Plant. It was taken by a temporary construction worked, illegally, during last fall’s 13 week shut down.
      2) Here is the original of that picture:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2C4635BB-BB41-41E5-9BB0-4597F4149681.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	6568

3) Please notice the top of the above picture (the picture above) is in the right orientation for several reasons. Notice the center crease and the way the surface then spreads sideways on each side of the centerline, then has an upward ridge. Nate, the salesperson who improperly reported out from last April’s dealer meeting in Vegas, said it looked like a ZR1 hood — which has some similar lines to the above.
      4) In every single Corvette in the last few generations after the C4, the fascia, at its top actually contains an upper section which goes backward — where it later joins up with the front of the hood (at that side-to-side seam).
      5) The top of the fascia in the picture melds very nicely with the hood (as we have limitedly seen it).
      6) The bottom edge of the above picture would match up beautifully with a splitter, has that same curvature as we saw on the C6, and the C7.
      7) Lastly, as in the immediately below picture of the rear fascia, please not the window placement, and windows are almost always on the upward part of a room.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AF7481A1-254E-4A09-8EBE-D9DA7788380F.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	6569

For those reasons, I personally do not think GM was deliberately toying with us, and believe that as shown in the above picture, is properly orientated.
      Last edited by John; 08-30-2018, 12:13 AM.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You guys are amazing in your attention and description of details out so far...

i hapoen to agree what we have seen so far is accurate as originally shown..

i wouldnt be surprised if gm leaked it on purpose...to build the excitmemt..

Comment

It’s weird how close the upside down bumper is to the C8.R. Elegant made some great points in his above comment, and It all makes sense. This makes me question the C8.R bumper...

Comment

Originally posted by JBsC6 View Post
            i wouldn't be surprised if gm leaked it on purpose...to build the excitmemt..
            While that is an intersting thought, I can 100% confirm that not only was it not GM initiated nor connected, but let’s just say that GM was beyond being ****ed off that it occurred at all. They internally refer to that incident as “stolen intellectual property.” And more vivid terms than that.

Now as to the initial, last October, McDonald’s visit of the ME’s during the lunch hour, that one still could have been “totally planned.” No intel on that....
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John is correct, theirs not enough surface area if you flip it over to secure the top to the bumper frame. Race cars will have a more aggressive front fascia to draw in air like the ZR1 compared to a C7. This is another supporting reason why the ME we are looking at is the base/Z51 and not the ZORA Z06 Halo car.

Comment

I agree the grill opening does look similar to the delta shaped dividers upside down... but there would be no reason for the surface bevels on the lower surface if flipped and as above, no area to secure a bottom splitter. Also the "opening" between the two deltas is very narrow.

I believe the grill on the C8R is a custom piece for the race cars as Fasttoys suggests.

Comment

John is correct. And here's one more point to consider. Kai Spande has on numerous occasions when talking about the new paint shop disclosed that all panels are now painted in the same visual perspective as they are when bolted on the car. Since we know the photo was not a planned leak, the parts in the photo were most likely painted in the same orientation that they would be seen on the car.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X