Corvette reps don't know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette reps don't know

Went to Las Vegas today to see the C-8. I am going to get one sooner or later. I asked to 2 factory employees where is the power point to plug in my V-1 and how do I replace the air filter. Neither could answer my questions. I told them it's going to look stupid having the power cord comming out from the hood & going in the thru the door. I talked to the dealer staff, ready to order, until they told me they are putting a $10,000.00 mark up on them. Told them I'll wait.

that's really bad....GM should not allow this to happen

Comment

Are you sure they were “factory employees”? They may be contractors hired for these events, rather than actual assemblers or engineers. I know there are Chevy employees at some events but the traveling roadshow at dealers may not be actual Corvette people.
      Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Happy View Post
        that's really bad....GM should not allow this to happen
        Dealers are independent businesses. GM can't tell them how to price the cars.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

One more time, there is a power port below the glove box.
          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by likefast&redcars View Post
            Went to Las Vegas today to see the C-8. I am going to get one sooner or later. I asked to 2 factory employees where is the power point to plug in my V-1 and how do I replace the air filter. Neither could answer my questions. I told them it's going to look stupid having the power cord comming out from the hood & going in the thru the door. I talked to the dealer staff, ready to order, until they told me they are putting a $10,000.00 mark up on them. Told them I'll wait.
            Do no fear Ke-mo sah-bee. You found this forum. I am sure you can find a dealer with verified remaining allocation that will gladly sell it to you for msrp and probably arrange courtesy delivery if you are so inclined. 👍

Comment

I am an electrical distributor for 50 years in NYC.....No manufacturer has ever TOLD me how mush to charge, we do get msrp prices. its in your blood not to ever over charge for any item.....Customers always are number one, thats why I am still around after 50 years second generation....And thats why I feel about selling over LIST price.....I would never go back to that GM DEALER....thats my opinion....

Comment

Comtact one of our supporting dealers that have open allocations...

just call and speak with them.,they do msrp and are reputable

good luck

Comment

Buy instead a 2020 at MSRP. Four of our forum dealers still have 2020 definite allocations at sticker, e.g., Criswell, MacMulkin, Uftring, and Weber. All are honest and a pleasure to deal with.

Or if you wish, PM me and I would gladly assist you.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I asked to 2 factory employees where is the power point to plug in my V-1 and how do I replace the air filter. Neither could answer my questions. I told them it's going to look stupid having the power cord comming out from the hood & going in the thru the door. I talked to the dealer staff, ready to order, until they told me they are putting a $10,000.00 mark up on them. Told them I'll wait.
                    Well, I always think of my V1 plug and car air filter at the same time. You should wait.

Comment

Air filter change info:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-a-few-answers
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I was there for about 10 minutes, it was a zoo. Order your car from Fairway, Henderson Chevy, or Pahrump [email protected] I'm getting car #2 at Fairway. Let me know if you need contact information. As a rule, going to these events are similar to looking at a car at SEMA or the LA Auto show, the folks there are presenters, and have basic knowledge, but not the kind of in-depth knowledge you'd get from an engineer. Enjoy the show, I'll wave at you from my black/red 2LT in February.

Too many Vettes to count....

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
                          One more time, there is a power port below the glove box.
                          Thank you 😀

Comment

I got down on knees looking and feeling where I couldn't see and in the glove box and found no power point in this cars passenger foot well area. One shopper said these are pre production cars & may not be exactly like what we will buy. My 718 Porsche Cayman has it in the passenger foot well. I don't like this location because it's a pain to reach and you can't reach it from the drivers seat.

Comment

We attended the IMSA race @ Laguna Seca & had the Callaway in the Corvette Corral. GM had a ME base on site behind ropes. I asked the GM employee about the lack of a place to plug in my V-1. He searched the interior and was shocked there was no plug in!!!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X