Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

The elusive $59995 C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The elusive $59995 C8

Just had a thought. Given that there is a nearly 2 month constraint on 1LT orders and an anticipated/potential first quarter price increase. How many $59995 Vettes do people think will be built?

None, ever. No dealer would order one for stock and no one ordering can resist at least one option. Just my worthless, uninformed, biased opinion, of course.
    Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
    Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Comment

Who is talking about a first quarter price increase?
      Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

I would do it just to brag about the price being so low, but I have to get the performance exhaust. I think there will be a rare order of no options. But not many at first. There certainly are lots of base C7’s out there with no options.

Comment

Originally posted by German View Post
          None, ever. No dealer would order one for stock and no one ordering can resist at least one option. Just my worthless, uninformed, biased opinion, of course.
          Sorry to burst your bubble German, but my order is at @ 1100 until they lift the constraints in November for exactly that. A base 1LT in Torch Red with Black interior and no other options. They will add the front license plate mount for nothing as it's required in Colorado. $59,995 plus tax out the door.
          1LT |Torch Red/Black | MSRP $59,995 | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
          Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

Comment

Production doesnt really start until after xmas so thats when all the orders get produced depending on inventory.

the standard 1LT c8 is not going to be elusive...suppliers can not produce enough optional equipment to leave 1Lt s in the lurch...for the first quarter or first half of the year.

if Im wrong than as a z51 fe4 67 grand vehicle Im screwed too..

I have more faith than brains so dont listen to me...but thats my current assumption

gm will mix it up and spin it around to keep the line running depending on the order you placed and the time as well as inventory..

im half tempted to order a 2LT and the E60 to just get the order in and produced but as of right now I still dont understand the constraint system for ordering.

im assuming when the dealer calls me to place the order he will inform me of the constraints at that time.

could be some new constraints will pop up at that time with expected supplier delivery dates.

just know I could he totally wrong as even with four new corvettes Ive never ordered in the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post
              Who is talking about a first quarter price increase?
              I have seen it mentioned and I think it can be anticipated based on C7 precedent. No actual knowledge of it- more like healthy respect

Comment

Originally posted by German View Post
                I should clarify. I was thinking more of a window of opportunity for a person to order a potential $59995 car at initial pricing rather than the actual number of cars that actually sticker for that price if that clarifies. I.e 1LT with choice of a la carte options at introductory pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

I have seen it mentioned and I think it can be anticipated based on C7 precedent. No actual knowledge of it- more like healthy respect
                  The C7 price increase was seven months after first deliveries and fourteen months after the reveal. First deliveries of the C8 are likely February, perhaps late January. So the C7 precedent would make a price increase more like third quarter than first quarter. But by third quarter, orders will be for the 2021 model since production of 2020 ends in September. I haven’t seen any speculation the first deliveries will coincide with a price increase.
                  Last edited by CaryBob; 08-29-2019, 06:49 PM.
                  Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post

The C7 price increase was seven months after first deliveries. First deliveries of the C8 are likely February, perhaps late January. So the C7 precedent would make a price increase more like third quarter than first quarter. But by third quarter, orders will be for the 2021 model since production of 2020 ends in September. I haven’t seen any speculation the first deliveries will coincide with a price increase.
                    Nice. Thank you for the info.

Comment

Sept release for the c7 and all orders at 3000 were price protected before the march price increase.

once we are price protected with 3000 status it doesnt matter when they deliver...imo

id suggest within 6 months with double shifts going on at bowling green we should all be good to go even z51 fe4 or no optioned 1lt c8#.
                      Last edited by JB; 08-29-2019, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        Sept release for the c7 and all orders at 3000 were proce protected before the march proce imcrease.

once we are proce protected with 3000 status it doesnt matter when they deliver...imo

id suggest within 6 months with double shifts going on at bowling green we should all be good to go even z51 fe4 or no optioned 1lt c8#.
                        Great info. Thank you.

Comment

Historically most of the initial buyers put potions on the car, but once that initial demand is met, and dealers order for stock, I expect to see a bunch of Rapid Blue and Torch Red, no option, $59,995 C8’s for dealer stock. Not saying they would be more than 20% of stock orders, but as GM is now appealing to a younger, new type of customer, with on average lower income levels, they will smartly cater to many new to the brand owners below 40 years of age. With of course some AYM’s thrown in — but in a smaller amount.

The Corvette world is going to change, and as Harlan said tonight, we are traditional Corvette owners, need to welcome the next generation of Corvette owners so that there is a future for our Corvette. Thank you Harlan for that thought, and IMO each of us needs to throw out the welcome mat, even if their tastes (as a stereotype), are different from ours.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Its good to here torch red (and rapid blue) are for buyers under 40..

when my torch red c8 comes in i hope I can tell people Im under 40...

celebrating my 60th next month and returning to torch red will put a smile on my face and isnt that what we all want from our purchases...

to smile tjat is...(not oretend to under forty although that wouldnt be too bad either.

i believe rapid blue c8 will be quite popular with porsche conquest sales

i believe the conquest sales from porsche will be the most impressive in all the years of corvettes combined.

the end of the 2020 sales summary should be quite telling.

Comment

Originally posted by 2020Colorado View Post

Sorry to burst your bubble German, but my order is at @ 1100 until they lift the constraints in November for exactly that. A base 1LT in Torch Red with Black interior and no other options. They will add the front license plate mount for nothing as it's required in Colorado. $59,995 plus tax out the door.
                              My order too...exactly
                              Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X