Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

A few answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few answers

Have gotten a few answers to some of the questions asked.

There ARE engine intakes in both side scoops.

To change the air filter you need to remove the two top latches on the front of the trunk (8 torx, it looks like) then unscrew the 4 cargo net fittings (by hand). Then lift out the front of the trunk liner. Then 16 fasteners to open the airbox.

The exhaust tips are the same npp or not.

Only ONE oil drain plug.

Couldn't get a firm answer about base exhaust vs stealth mode, but one GM engineer driving a base 1LT w/o npp said its quieter than the C7 base exhaust.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    Have gotten a few answers to some of the questions asked.

Couldn't get a firm answer about base exhaust vs stealth mode, but one GM engineer driving a base 1LT w/o npp said its quieter than the C7 base exhaust.

Please keep trying for that answer...thanks.
    '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
    '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
    '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
    '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
    '14 Black Z51 Coupe
    '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
    '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Great post meyerweb! Thanks for the useful info!
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Thanks Bob ! Nice work......

Richard
        3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler. Carbon Fiber door handles & boomerangs, and front grill trim

Comment

Id recommend the npp exhaust..its awesome to have the option...sometimes loud and roaring...sometimes stealth for highway cruising..

aftermarket exhausts can drone on the highway and that can be tiring after the first hour or two.

npp is a nice option...

i ve had corsa indys on my c5 z51 and sounds great but could be tiring on the highway. I did cam headers and gears on my z06 but lept the titanium exhaust...and I did the stock exhaust with NPP and I found it the best over the past 135k miles...

quiet or relatively quiet when you want it to be and then as you rev past around 3500 rpm it opens up and roars...

corvette engineers are awesome.

Comment

I guess with motor oil being scavenged from three places in the dry sump engine instead of just one, there isn't enough oil left in the engine sump at any point in time to make it worthwhile to have an engine oil drain plug.

Comment

Can we remove the catalytic converters for some added sound?
              Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                I doubt it, at least not without some electronics reprogramming. The C7 has 2 cats in each bank. You can remove the rear ones without any issues, but the front ones are monitored by the O2 sensors, and removing them will throw a code

The C8 appears to have only 1 cat per side, so removing it would certainly throw a code.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                  No
                  There is 4 O2 sensors and worse with C8 LT2 is 2 of them are built into the CATs and 2 are in the mid length headers
                  Taking CATs out and the PCM being locked means no way to turn off any of the DTC (error codes) related to the CATS and 02 sensors
                  O2s would also not properly report the exhaust makeup so PCM would commad the AFR incorrectly

As large as those CATs are I doubt they would effect the exhaust sound much

CATS
                  Corvettes owned, wrenched on and raced since 1975:
                  1974,75,77,84,87,89,91,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

Comment

While talking to an engineer today, was told the engine has to be dropped to remove the valve covers due to oil tank limiting clearance. Maybe the aftermarket will come up with a cover for us that want a different look without a major install.

The front area where the plate goes does in fact remove (first person I asked wasn't sure, thought it might mount on surface.

The engine lights only work when you open the hatch or doors (no on off switch) but is a plug in so they can be changed to other colors. I failed to ask if the plug is on models w/d appearance kit. If someone could ask it would be appreciated as we're headed home.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X