Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Adjustable Ride Height, Magnetic Ride, and Front Lift System - What You Need to Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable Ride Height, Magnetic Ride, and Front Lift System - What You Need to Know

Thanks to Josh Holder for reviewing the adjustable ride height as it relates to Magnetic Ride Control and Front Lift System with me this morning. The photo below shows the adjustable spring seat that allows almost two full inches of adjustment to the ride height.

The following are important details as you consider how you want to spec your 2020 C8 Corvette....

1) The adjustable spring seats are only available on the Z51 optioned Corvettes. You can NOT adjust the ride height on a non-Z51 C8 Corvette.

2) The adjustable spring seats on a Z51 optioned Corvette are identical regardless of whether you order Magnetic Selective Ride and they are adjusted manually in the same manner as well.

3) THIS IS THE BIGGIE...if you option your Z51 Corvette with the Front Lift System, you will ONLY be able to adjust the REAR spring seats because the lift system replaces the adjustable spring seats on the front of the car.
    Last edited by jagamajajaran; 08-29-2019, 11:28 AM.

Great info - thanks!
    My C8:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
      Great info - thanks!
      I had made an error on my initial post so please review the change that I made. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post

I had made an error on my initial post so please review the change that I made. Thanks!
        Thanks - still good info, but not as great as before.
        My C8:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

However, if you get that E60/Z51 combination, you can still you the Z51’s adjustable spring perches to adjust your rear ride height — and that is how you can do some visual height adjustment to your car — as well as some corner weighting.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            However, if you get that E60/Z51 combination, you can still you the Z51’s adjustable spring perches to adjust your rear ride height — and that is how you can do some visual height adjustment to your car — as well as some corner weighting.
            Unacceptable John. You go back over there and tell em to fix it.

Comment

So if you want to lower the car you have more need for the front lift system, but won't have a built in easy way to do that?

What are "Z51’s adjustable spring perches"?

What would be the most appropriate way to adjust the ride height with aftermarket mods (i.e. least amount of negative trade-offs) in the mag ride + E60 scenario? New springs?

Comment

Big negative against the front lift system IMO. If I'm wanting to adjust the stance of my car it's likely I'm going to want to be able to adjust the front.

So, procedure is to take the weight off the wheel and use special tool on the adjuster nut. What's the tool?
                2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                Spectra Grey Tridents.
                Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                  Big negative against the front lift system IMO. If I'm wanting to adjust the stance of my car it's likely I'm going to want to be able to adjust the front.

So, procedure is to take the weight off the wheel and use special tool on the adjuster nut. What's the tool?
                  The typical single claw spanner wrench. Pretty much every performance outlet sells them that deal with suspensions and coil overs. Pretty sure GM will sell them at double the price.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

The typical single claw spanner wrench. Pretty much every performance outlet sells them that deal with suspensions and coil overs. Pretty sure GM will sell them at double the price.
                    I have worked on bikes, this adjustment method is vintage bike territory

Click image for larger version

Name:	p9272093.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	65386
                    2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                    2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                    Spectra Grey Tridents.
                    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                      3) THIS IS THE BIGGIE...if you option your Z51 Corvette with the Front Lift System, you will ONLY be able to adjust the REAR spring seats because the lift system replaces the adjustable spring seats on the front of the car.
                      Now that's disappointing. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, but too bad GM designed it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                        I have worked on bikes, this adjustment method is vintage bike territory.
                        Heh-heh, I've got the Campagnolo version of that tool sitting in a toolbox in my basement. Actually used the corresponding tool for the fixed cup just a couple of weeks ago. Always pays to hang onto old tools.

Comment

That campy tool must've cost a fortune!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            What's your feeling on this John? I know you wanted to lower the car somewhat (both ends) and I know the lift system was important to you to travel to the places you wanted. Are you thinking of giving up one of those? Or figuring out some other approach (aftermarket) ?
                            Last edited by Klinn; 08-29-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TraxsterII View Post
                              That campy tool must've cost a fortune!
                              I bought it along with some others a long long time ago when I was working summers as a bike mechanic. Took advantage of the employee discount.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X