C8 Auto Coverage - NCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Auto Coverage - NCM

Is anyone using National Corvette Museums Insurance? I like how they will pay out full cost on a loss <no depreciation - god forbid >
    Mine won't be a daily driver, garaged and will see low miles. Any suggestions much appreciated! Thanks.

I’ve had their insurance for 4.5yrs. They say it is collector car insurance. The idea is that it is for cars that are not driven much and are cared for well.

Comment

Originally posted by C7Redneck View Post
      I’ve had their insurance for 4.5yrs. They say it is collector car insurance. The idea is that it is for cars that are not driven much and are cared for well.
      Are there mileage limits on the policies?
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I've had it since we picked up our '14 C7 vert at the museum. Adam and his team are excellent to deal with.

You pick the mileage you plan to drive in a year. If you go under the number, it's rolled over to the next year. You can also change the mileage you intend to drive each period too. Their pricing is excellent. I never had a claim so I can't speak to how that works.... He covers any 'collector' car, not just Corvettes.
        2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Excellent program. Great people operating a great program. I would recommend you call there, and if you do so,l please mention you are a member of MECF. Best of luck!
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Are they excellent for daily driven corvettes as well driven about 12k miles a year or are they specifically for occassional use etc?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Of our 4 toys, only the Corvette is with the Museum insurance folks. They do limit how it's driven.... I don't know if they have coverage for 'drivers'. Give 'em a call. They are very easy to work with and a pleasure to do business with.
              2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Thank you all for the comments. I just plugged in some quick numbers on their online quote system and got an email back. This looks like a good option.

Comment

Spoke to Adam today. Nice guy. Their program is not for daily drivers. He was "very specific" on usage. As he explained, I was glad he did, but slightly confused on some of the scenarios of usage. < maybe I'm getting old > While my new corvette would not be a daily driver and use would be total pleasure driving which they support and encourage, you CANNOT < or you not suppose to > use your car for things like going to the doctor, post office or to pick up say a to-go order or bottle of wine. But he did say going out to dinner, or a joy ride or to a car show is perfectly acceptable within the program. Usage is a bit of a grey area, other than the mileage and of course not using your vehicle to drive to work.

IMO, it seemed to be explained to me that while you could be out cruising around enjoying a nice ride in your "collector" car, you "could" stop in and pick up some mints at the CVS, but if you were home and drove the car there to pick up a prescription < a guess considered running an errand > that would be a coverage issue. This is a discussion or debate to consider before choosing NCM coverage, or ANY classic or collectible coverage before driving your car.

Comment

My quote today for 3,000 miles per year on a 2015 Z06 was within $20 of being twice the premium for my zero deductible and unlimited mileage policy with AMICA. The Museum policy sets a specific value on the car, which is good, but the price seemed awfully steep. The coverage is unique though, and probably worth considering for any kind of collectible car.
                    Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

This year, despite the fact that I have never filed a claim in 20 years, my homeowners insurance company wanted to raise my ;premium 30%. So, that got me insurance shopping, and I got an unbeatable deal with a new company combining my homeowners, car insurance, and umbrella policy with a single company. Its Vermont Mutual, but they only write insurance in New England and New York state.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X