Ground Effects Kit - Rocker Panel Extensions - What You Need to Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Effects Kit - Rocker Panel Extensions - What You Need to Know

Once again, a special "Thank you!" to Harlan Charles, Corvette Product Manager, for providing insight regarding the three Ground Effects Kit options and the three Rocker Panel Extension Options for us! Now, here's what you need to know about these two accessory items.

1) Ground Effects Kit. This kit includes the front splitter and full length side skirts as seen in the 2020 Corvette Accessory Guide (5W8 and 5VM only. 5V7 is a little different.)
    • 5W8 - Ground Effects Kit in Carbon Fiber Painted Carbon Flash Metallic - $3,850 - Includes the front splitter and the full length side skirts in carbon fiber and painted carbon flash metallic.
    • 5VM - Ground Effects Kit in Visible Carbon Fiber - $4,850 - Includes the front splitter and the full length side skirts in visible carbon fiber.

• 5V7 - Ground Effects Kit in molded body color - $695 - This is for non-Z51 builds and includes the standard Z51 front spoiler in molded black and the molded black rocker extension covers. Adding this option also requires the addition of the high wing spoiler for aerodynamic balance.

2) Rocker Panel Extensions. This includes the shorter rocker panel extensions that by default come as body color on all 2020 Stingrays. The accessory options provide three additional appearance options for this accessory part.
    • STI - Rocker Panel Extensions - Molded In Color - $550 - This includes the molded black rocker panel extension cover that is applied over the existing body color painted extensions.
    • SJI - Rocker Panel Extensions in Carbon Fiber Painted Carbon Flash Metallic - $2,920 - This is a replacement part in carbon fiber painted carbon flash metallic for the body color painted extensions.
    • S6S - Rocker Panel Extensions in Visible Carbon Fiber - $3,420 - This is a replacement part in visible carbon fiber for the body color painted extensions.

Last edited by jagamajajaran; 08-28-2019, 07:09 AM.

Any word yet on the 5V7 Ground Effects kit ? Is it the front splitter only or does it include the wing ?
    2022 1LT Coupe Hypersonic Gray Metallic Carbon Flash wheels Yellow calipers Yellow Seat Belts Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and BBQ ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

FV7 includes the front splitter in molded black and the rocker extension covers in molded black. It does not include the high wing spoiler but requires it be ordered as well for aerodynamic balance.

Comment

I'm a bit confused (which really isn't unusual)…. What is included in the Z51 package with respect to the splitter and rocker panels??? I understand the wing and the mechanical stuff but is there any differentiation with respect to the front splitter and side skirts (rocker panels) vs the standard model???

Also, a number of the 'dealer' installed options are not available when one selects Museum Delivery as I will. Why can't the options be shipped to the ordering dealer for installation when you return home??? Just curious....
        2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Chevy SSr

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
          Once again, a special "Thank you!" to Harlan Charles, Corvette Product Manager, for providing insight regarding the three Ground Effects Kit options and the three Rocker Panel Extension Options for us! Now, here's what you need to know about these two accessory items.

1) Ground Effects Kit. This kit includes the front splitter and full length side skirts as seen in the 2020 Corvette Accessory Guide (5W8 and 5VM only. 5V7 is a little different.)
          • 5W8 - Ground Effects Kit in Carbon Fiber Painted Carbon Flash Metallic - $3,850 - Includes the front splitter and the full length side skirts in carbon fiber and painted carbon flash metallic.
          • 5VM - Ground Effects Kit in Visible Carbon Fiber - $4,850 - Includes the front splitter and the full length side skirts in visible carbon fiber.

Jag, thank you for the thorough explanation and photos!!

In configurator, I am able to choose the visible CF full length side skirt but when I try to choose visible CF front splitter under Ground Effect. It forces me to also choose the high wing. So my question is, can I get 5VM, without the high wing?

I initially wanted a Z51, but decided not to get it because of the spoiler. It seems if I select Z51, it allows me to choose visible CF Ground Effect and it shows/includes both front splitter and full length side skirt but not without Z51.

Comment

FV7 includes the front splitter in molded black and the rocker extension covers in molded black. It does not include the high wing spoiler but requires it be ordered as well for aerodynamic balance.
            Awesome ! Thanks ever so much. Michael
            2022 1LT Coupe Hypersonic Gray Metallic Carbon Flash wheels Yellow calipers Yellow Seat Belts Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and BBQ ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

thx for the clarification Jag, from what you've posted, my order would be for the Z51 and no ground effects. I like the look, but can't see $4-5K for them due to being carbon fiber on a DD. I've got to think ACS or RPI will make a look-a-like ground effects kit in fiberglass that I can install later. Why Chevy has only the carbon fiber option is a bit odd, but peeps like it.

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                I'm a bit confused (which really isn't unusual)…. What is included in the Z51 package with respect to the splitter and rocker panels??? I understand the wing and the mechanical stuff but is there any differentiation with respect to the front splitter and side skirts (rocker panels) vs the standard model???

Also, a number of the 'dealer' installed options are not available when one selects Museum Delivery as I will. Why can't the options be shipped to the ordering dealer for installation when you return home??? Just curious....
                With Z51, you automatically get the molded black splitter and the body color rocker extensions. The other front splitter options are the ones in the photo I included and have small wings on them. The car automatically comes with the shorter rocker extensions, but the optional side skirts are full length and have the wings on them as well.

You can order your accessories AFTER you order your car. If you order them with your initial C8 order, that's what would keep you from taking NCM delivery. Just order them from your dealership separately later if you want NCM delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by N4SPEED View Post

Jag, thank you for the thorough explanation and photos!!

In configurator, I am able to choose the visible CF full length side skirt but when I try to choose visible CF front splitter under Ground Effect. It forces me to also choose the high wing. So my question is, can I get 5VM, without the high wing?

I initially wanted a Z51, but decided not to get it because of the spoiler. It seems if I select Z51, it allows me to choose visible CF Ground Effect and it shows/includes both front splitter and full length side skirt but not without Z51.

If you add any kind of splitter, you are required to order the high wing spoiler for aerodynamic balance. Since the Z51 already has the splitter AND the spoiler, and is balanced as equipped, it doesn't require going to the high wing spoiler.

Comment

So what you're saying is that if I order the FV7 option, I would have to order the high wing spoiler also ?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post

So what you're saying is that if I order the FV7 option, I would have to order the high wing spoiler also ?
                      IF you order that for a non-Z51 car, yes. If you order a Z51, then you do not have to order the high wing spoiler since the Z51 is already spoiler equipped.

Comment

Than you Jag.That is what I was afraid of. Guess I'll wait and see what the after market comes out with. I sure as heck don't want a wing on the back of the car.

Comment

Thank you Jag! That helps - big time! It was kinda confusing the way it was laid out in the accessory "guide."

Oh man that's tempting! FV7 is really tempting with the high wing, but I just can see my dumb rolled curbs making quick work out of those. Even though it probably only takes the overall ground clearance from 5.3" to prob 5" (guessing). Looks SICK though!! I've stated this before, but SO smart on GM's part to grab some of that aftermarket "market" if you will.
                          NCM Life Member

Comment

This post should be a sticky. Well done jag!
                            Born Feb 26, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

Perfect! I had exactly these questions and had assumed basically what you stated, but really nice to have it so clearly outlined.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X