Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Ship luggage = “Supercar”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship luggage = “Supercar”

If you need your luggage shipped to your destination in order to have a supercar then I don’t want a supercar.

I can’t emphasize enough how important the large Front/Rear trunks are for the C8. The fact that they did both and still put the engine in the back is simply unprecedented.

I imagine the ZR1/Zora will lose the front trunk because I assume the batteries will go there. However, it is great that the Stingray and possibly the Z06 will have both trunks.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...165137829.html

Turbos in the trunk😱🙈🤔
    2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
    6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
    2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
    2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
      If you need your luggage shipped to your destination in order to have a supercar then I don’t want a supercar.

I can’t emphasize enough how important the large Front/Rear trunks are for the C8. The fact that they did both and still put the engine in the back is simply unprecedented.

I imagine the ZR1/Zora will lose the front trunk because I assume the batteries will go there. However, it is great that the Stingray and possibly the Z06 will have both trunks.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...165137829.html
      You will loose the frunk on the ZR1/Zora due to the electric motors. Batteries will be in the rear. The Z06 might possibly loose some of the trunk due to turbos but we’ll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

You will loose the frunk on the ZR1/Zora due to the electric motors. Batteries will be in the rear. The Z06 might possibly loose some of the trunk due to turbos but we’ll have to wait and see.
        Where is the battery on the Stingray?

Comment

Where is the battery on the Stingray?
          Between the windshield and the frunck. Automotive starting batteries are a bit smaller than lithium-ion and lithium-polymer motor batteries.

Comment

I imagine the ZR1/Zora will lose the front trunk because I assume the batteries will go there.
            Everyone's just guessing at this point, of course. But don't assume that the batteries will go in the frunk. I don't assume that.

I predict that the batteries will be placed in the center structural tunnel where the Volt hybrid batteries are. This area, with its 26 bolts, is massively strong and has room above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=52886&amp;d=1564362444.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	64613

Obviously, the Volt is a "little" different because they have the ICE in front, underhood.

Name:	Volt Battery Configuration.PNG
Views:	116
Size:	937.4 KB
ID:	64614
            Bob Sliwa
            "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
            Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
            Ludicrous Speed - https://youtu.be/ygE01sOhzz0

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
            2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

You will loose the frunk on the ZR1/Zora due to the electric motors. Batteries will be in the rear.
              The frunk may, or may not be affected with the electric motors. I understand that there is just so much room, but the way everything electronic/electric is constantly downsized, there may be space.

Also, I don't think any supplemental hybrid assist batteries will be in the rear because the bias is already 60% there. I know that the 911, with its rear mounted engine is 63%, but I believe the batteries on the C8 will be mounted mid-ship, as not to affect the 40/60 % weight bias.
              Bob Sliwa
              "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
              Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post

Everyone's just guessing at this point, of course. But don't assume that the batteries will go in the frunk. I don't assume that.

I predict that the batteries will be placed in the center structural tunnel where the Volt hybrid batteries are. This area, with its 26 bolts, is massively strong and has room above.
                This could be another reason why they ditched the manual transmission. That definitely could be a great place for the batteries and would keep the weight distributed towards the center of the car.

it would be crazy if they can somehow keep the frunk on the Zora. That would be just nuts but I am sure the motors will take up the majority of that space.

Comment

The frunk may, or may not be affected with the electric motors. I understand that there is just so much room, but the way everything electronic/electric is constantly downsized, there may be space.

Also, I don't think any supplemental hybrid assist batteries will be in the rear because the bias is already 60% there. I know that the 911, with its rear mounted engine is 63%, but I believe the batteries on the C8 will be mounted mid-ship, as not to affect the 40/60 % weight bias.
                  Don’t forget that the motor weight will counter the batteries. Looking at the cut away frame pics it looks like provisions were made in the rear for batteries. Could be wrong but I suspect they will do it similar to the way Ferrari and McLaren did.

Comment

It would obviously add to un-sprung weight, something that nobody wants in a high-performance sports car.

But if Chevrolet develops a lightweight, high-power wheel motor for the e-assist, the frunk would not be affected.

Name:	MzA3NzI4MA.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	64627

Bob Sliwa

Comment

Don’t forget that the motor weight will counter the batteries. Looking at the cut away frame pics it looks like provisions were made in the rear for batteries. Could be wrong but I suspect they will do it similar to the way Ferrari and McLaren did.
                      Again, everyone is just guessing at this point, so you may very well be 100% correct.

But batteries currently weigh a lot more than traction motors. The Volt batteries in my restomod weigh 300% more than the Tesla drive motor does. 300 lbs. for the motor and almost 900 lbs. for the batteries. Of course, that is a pure BEV, not a hybrid. So the C8s batteries will weigh much less being a hybrid.
                      Bob Sliwa

Comment

Again, everyone is just guessing at this point, so you may very well be 100% correct.

But batteries currently weigh a lot more than traction motors. The Volt batteries in my restomod weigh 300% more than the Tesla drive motor does. 300 lbs. for the motor and almost 900 lbs. for the batteries. Of course, that is a pure BEV, not a hybrid. So the C8s batteries will weigh much less being a hybrid.
                        Good god why is your battery pack weighing 900lbs?! The packs used on the Ferraris and Macs are just over 200.

Comment

And yes we’re all just speculating but we do know they bought a Lamborghini, Ferrari and a Porsche to tear apart and study. Can’t help but think we’ll see some sort of hybrid between the three or a complete copy of one of them on the Z06.

Comment

Batteries are heavy. Expect them to be centrally located and low. At the end of the car throws off the weight proportioning of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                              Batteries are heavy. Expect them to be centrally located and low. At the end of the car throws off the weight proportioning of the car.
                              Doesn’t seem to affect the LaFerrari or the P1. Those batteries are just over 200lbs toward the rear of two of the fastest cars on the planet.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X